• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yorke's Plea To EPL Players

James

Established Member
Just heard this on TalkSport, Dwight Yorke has asked every EPL to donate a weeks wage to charity following the Asian earthquake crisis.

If this was to happen, it would some what help the general football reputation when it comes to player wages etc.

You think this will happen? I'm hoping so, it's the least they could do really, what's a weeks wage at the end of the day to someone like Henry?

shonsuperstar

im all with yorkey. the players wont miss the money that badly. i'm guessin after a couple years in the game they should have some cash lying around for weekly shopping :lol:

awesomarsenal

i think 2 weeks wages would be better :mrgreen: anyway most wont do it. some footballers are verpaid...like roy kean getting80+Kpounds a week for playing like sh1t is crap

Ak

Taozhe said:
I wonder if Roman would donate a chewing gum he just consumed. ;D
i HIGHLY doubt it,

the footballers definatly should, i mean sooo many people have died and the amount of destruction caused is mindblowing. i hope they do.

James

Established Member
It's good to see some players are donating money though. Two which come to mind are Southgate and Gerrard

Gunner4life09

i really hope the footballers do this, i don't know about the coverage about this in England and Europe but this disaster is HUGE, over 150,000 people have died and thats only people who have died loads are missing, whole towns and cities are ravaged and ppl who have lost all there family members now have to worry about rebuilding their homes, i urge everyone on this websiter to donate something, money, old clothes to an organisation that is accepting for this cause.

efurze

Please. The US, as usual, is doing the heavy lifting here. But you Europeans are SO CUTE when you try to help - so whatever makes you feel better.

skart14

efurze said:
Please. The US, as usual, is doing the heavy lifting here. But you Europeans are SO CUTE when you try to help - so whatever makes you feel better.

:roll:

sanyasi

ahem. they did zilch till the global community criticized them so much they shamefacedly had to increase their aid.

the less said about the EU the better...
but complete and absolute credit to two nations that sent immediate and large amounts of aid. Japan and Australia. amazing countries. prompt action - the one thing that is needed more than money a week too late, america style.

however countries like indonesia and srilanka badly need the money.
thankfully my country can manage without any need for aid.

Aussie

Established Member
sanyasi said:

ahem. they did zilch till the global community criticized them so much they shamefacedly had to increase their aid.

the less said about the EU the better...
but complete and absolute credit to two nations that sent immediate and large amounts of aid. Japan and Australia. amazing countries. prompt action - the one thing that is needed more than money a week too late, america style.

however countries like indonesia and srilanka badly need the money.
thankfully my country can manage without any need for aid.

Cheers for that.

tox

efurze said:

*cough* tosser

A

Anonymous

Okay, let's keep this about football. If it's going to turn into a US-bashing thread, it's getting locked.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom