• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your 3 Favourite/Least Favourite Arsenal Players

brianfrance

Established Member
beanz said:
TIFANNY said:
I'm soor but i don't understand why people are harsh with Lauren
!!! for me he's a great player who don't deserve these critical... Can you explain me the problem? It would help me to understand!!

sorry for my bad english....
Tiffany, to help us poor English understand, can you write "the" as "ze" it sounds much better with a sexy french accent!
pardonez moi, je suis un bouffon, a bientot. :mrgreen:
Your French is very good !

beanz

And your English too ! Let's form an entente cordial, a concorde, a mutual appreciation society, Arras twinned with Highbury, c'est bon, n'est pas! :mrgreen:

Phil

Stepanovs is the only player whose name gets a groan from me.

Christ, look at the Sp**s team, you would have trouble splitting the boys from the boys there! Apparently there is a rumour that both Anderton and rednapp went part time four years ago, but hid the fact from the Board by doing a Job-Share!

My least favourite Arsenal Player of all time is Geoff Blockley. The Leicester City Stopper was signed for a World Record (for a Defender) fee of £225,000 in 1972. He tried to replace the great Frank McLintock, andd- failed so miserably that we sent him to Coventry. Appalling.

I have sleepless nights over the entire team of 1981-82, aided only by the memory of Vladimir Petrovic. That Green and Blue kit only made the season have a surreal quality. We dressed like Plymouth Argyle, and played like them too.

A

Anonymous

Currnet favourites would be 1) Cole 2) Kolo 3) Vieira.

But all time it would be:
1) Merson
2) Limpar
3) Groves

Least favourite
1) Stepanovs - worst player ive seen in an Arsenal shirt, makes Ceaser look like Maldini.
2) McGoldrick - never liked the guy, and he was ****.
3) Dont know really, those are the only Arsenal players I have had something against. O'Leary is an Arsenal legend, but he lost all my respect for his actions in 99. Ill go for him.

westo

Fave:Toure, Henry and Vieira
dislike: Cygan, Jeffers and Stepanovs worst player in prem probably

juz7_pi12es

3 fave:

1. Pires
2. Henry
3. Sol

3 least fave:

1. Jeffers All the times
2. Kanu
3. Sometimes Mad Lehman :eek:ops:

Thierrymarron

Fav current: Henry (Le God!)
Cole (Young, English and Fiesty!)
Sol ( I love a turn coat!)

Worst Current: Stephanvos (WHY DID WE BUY HIM!!!)
Wiltords (drags every shot wide, past his best!)
Jeffers (Old FA cup ears needs to p**s off, Paid far too much for him!)

AFCG7

Established Member
Vladimir Petrovic.. i was so excited when we signed him.. i thought he was answer to our lack of creativity in midfield.. for YUgoslavia he was brilliant, for us he was a disappointment..maybe because his style of play didnt fit in and he was played out of position most of the time.
Then again i was just 8 years old when he signed..what did i know... hehe

Thierrymarron

Fav all time (Excluding current):
Adams (Best ever Arsenal Captain, What if he hadnt been pissed for most of it?)
Ian Wright (Wright Wright! My childhood hero)
Paul Merson.(See Adams comment + coke and gambling)

Worst All time:
Glen Helder (Run, run.....crap cross, were u Gronjaker in disguise?)
Stefan Malz (Dodgy buy!)
Paul Dickov (Never liked that scotish midget!)

Honourable mentions: Perry Groves
Eddie (One Trick) McGoldrick

reggiepaul

I've got used to the innacuracies you hear from Arsenal fans. Especially the stupidity and delusions of grandeur. I guess some people just don't have a life and I have noticed it with false praise and ridiculously awful writing on the internet - which is fit only to wipe one's backside with or one's dog's backside.

Most of the players at Arsenal, including Stepanovs in the 01/02 season when Adams wasn't around - played and made a crucial effect on Arsenals history. Wiltord, Kanu, Anelka, Lehmann, Gilberto - all major players and massively infulential in the history of our club. Vital to huge changes too. Cygan, has well has also been an important player as well.

As other teams say, if you know your history you'll know how important these players are and if you watch your games you'll know so too. You can't over-exaggerate situations and Wenger not only came to the club and changed the way the team train and play but also changed the way the board dealt with players, this was important in terms of Anelka who wasn't treated in the best way from the club or his brothers after the club stated, Dein, that they got an auction going on him. Nice way to treat your players isn't it.

Only player that isn't worthy of a mention in our history is - Fanny Jeffers. Totally cocked up our season in 02/03 and basically awful and hopeless in every aspect and far and beyond incapable of playing alongside our team.

Hopefully he will be sold and sent to far eastern europe or somewhere. Waste of space, time, money and everything else. Of course I'd love it if he played well but he's been a huge blow to our campaign and in a counter attacking team basically stood around and did nothing, while the rest of the team had to do all the hard work for him.

Everyone else played their part. We shouldn't get spoilt expect the unexpectable but we should expect player to play and do their best. We have gained that from every other player and if you want to nit pick and find faults with certain players you could do that with every single player who has played the game in history. That's part of the game.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom