• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your a joke

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 114
  • Views 3,388
Status
Not open for further replies.

skart14

Aussie said:
People who were here when he was around before will know what im on about.

reggiepaul, ParlourTron, RafaelFartALot, clockendrising...goonerfish...anymore???

dafish

coolcool2 said:
Sammer said:
I am sick and tired of these immature statements "WE need to buy a CB" and crap like this.

Who are we? Real Madrid? Manchester United?

We the ARSENAL ! We don´t have the funds to secure every position with two world class players. In fact, we don´t even have the money to buy world class players for every position. So we still rely on the genius of a certain frenchman scouting the future superstars for reasonable money.

The amount of crappy topics related to these issues has risen sky high in the last days.

but when we do have these players available and on the bench, we refuse to play them or start them
Van Persie?!why in the world doesn't Wenger start him. no matter how he plays, surely he'll be better then Bergkamp or Pires (on current form atleast)

to the first quote by Sammer, that is spot on in the situation at arsenal. my cousin is a inter supporter and he is bemused by how come arsenal doesn't buy better players and claims there's not many super stars. apparently the fact that i repeat "arsenal has no money" every time he asks doesn't knock on his door...

i mean if a team can go through one of the strongest leagues in the world undefeated that must surely mean they're only rich enough buy the best in the world right? no. Wenger has wheeled and dealed the last several yrs to pick up all the players he needs. i mean we have Henry who ranked 2nd best in the world last yr for only approx 12 mil. how much did real pay for zidane and figo again? we go sol for free. how much did rio and stam goto ManU for?

and on top of that Wenger is an idealist. he sees a perfect way of playing soccer and found the players needed to play the type of soccer he wants. The previous managers have instilled passion, determination, aggression, and discipline into the team forming it's core. now he has added flair, technique, skill, pace, vision, and creativity. all this into what we relate arsenal with now.

if some people only see that the team isn't working well right now and propose changes in the team, but they don't think about the consequences of what they are doing. lets change formation, lets change players, lets change managers. honestly now. if wenger was gone, the whole team would most likely leave with him. if paddy is uninterested, shall we put in edu and gilberto whom u people were slating into the team? shall we burn on cesc who's probably the same age as most of the people complaining on this forum and burn the kid out physically? or shall we play Flamini who isn't tested at a full match at top level and hasn't gel'd onto the team yet? and if paddy is out with a new player in. who's going to partner the new DM we have?

i'm just so sick and tired of people who write negatively about our team and then don't read the replies of the rest of the forum members. it's like "i'm right and everyone else is wrong. wenger is an idiot for not having the vision to see what i see in the team. perhaps we should get rid of him while we're at it.". u can tell us all what to think when u get a coaching license. so shut up and stop talking **** about our team as if it's worthless right now. our bad patches are only draws. not losses. and when manu hits a bad patch look how many losses they had! if u think the team is disasterous with only a few draws, then i'm sure u've never even played a game of football in your life.

and what is worse is that these same people keep coming back over and over again saying the same thing, repeating the nonsense without considering consequences. leaves for a few days and does it again!!!

A

Anonymous

wenger bought anelka for 500,000 sodl him for 23mil
class

dafish

reggiepaul's alter ego said:
What I found most funniest about this was :

No one said Wenger should be sacked

No one said Vieira should be sacked either.

They were both justified but some people just jumped to the conlusion someone said somethign and everyone believed them and started a bandwagon off to attack any member they saw fit.

In fact I don't think any of them were actually having a go at anyone.

It's like the salem witch trials - saying there was a witch when there wasn't one, apparantley.

Just a load of people saying someone said something when no one said it.

people have said wenger is tatically inept and should be moved upstairs. probably just as good as the sack if u ask me. not to mention the hilarity of claiming wenger is weak tatically.

people have said viera should be benched. but those are the same people who have been complaining about gilberto and edu. but on the other hand cesc is only 17 and physically cannot last every game this season, and it is only flamini's first yr (and only 2nd yr of first team footie) and coming from a weaker league physically, i find it hard to ever see wenger start a game without viera.

u must have most fortunately missed all the negative posts everyone posted. it really hurts to have me think that arsenal have their own fans demanding for the head of our manager and our captain despite only losing once in the past 50 odd PL games

Feanor

Established Member
dafish, please don't use the word soccer to describe the beautiful game, I don't care where you're from. As far as I know only women play soccer, it's called football, real football as opposed to american football!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
There's a good piece by Amy Lawrence in this month's Gooner- it's about Arsène finding an antidote to what she terms "anti-football". I don't think it's online so I can't link, but anyone who can get hold of a copy of it should do so- there's some great photos in this month's issue too.

Feanor

Established Member
About the real subject here...called for Wenger's head is about as stupid as ***insert your favorite offensive and obnoxious reference here***. The guys has put together one of the all time best time in the history of the EPL (and europe WHEN we win the CL) with a shoe string budget and people think he should be dropped? What of a bunch of f**ktards! As for any of our players in a slump right now, they'll either get out of it or AW will drop them, for those of you saying that AW is afraid of dropping first team players and not giving young players a chance, remember a guy named silvinho, played left back until a 19-year old pushed out of the firt team? Man, some people really have short memories!

Rant over...for now.

Gunner Ossie

zahinsa said:
for those of you saying that AW is afraid of dropping first team players and not giving young players a chance, remember a guy named silvinho, played left back until a 19-year old pushed out of the firt team? Man, some people really have short memories!
Rant over...for now.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only reason why wenger played ashley was because silvihno got injured for a long period. If silvihno did not get injured ashley may well have been playing last night.

The same goes for cesc, the only reason he has got a game is because vieira was injured, edu was recovering, flamini was not yet ours. If they had been available cesc would not be considered for the first team.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the only reason why wenger played ashley was because silvihno got injured for a long period. If silvihno did not get injured ashley may well have been playing last night.

The same goes for cesc, the only reason he has got a game is because vieira was injured, edu was recovering, flamini was not yet ours. If they had been available cesc would not be considered for the first team.

Silvinho was playing very well before he got injured. Was simple as that. It wasn't like he was off-form and Wenger refused to put in A.Cole. As to the flaminis..same situation..with Vieira, Edu and Gilberto on form..Cesc will not have come in that early into the first team and rightly so. U can't buy EXPERIENCE. So if the experienced players are doing well..then hey the youngsters will wait. Their time wil come guys.. But if the experience guys are off-form Wenger will drop them and he has. Unfortunately for some of you guys off-form is a 2 game dip while for Wenger he is more patient(and rightly so once again). You have to balance both sides. Its just as important for him to show that he still has CONFIDENCE with the player's ability even if he is off form. I think his timing is almost perfect..before he drops you. U really don't want to be like Fergie..dropping a player left and right.

The Mini

Bleeding hell. I haven't been around here for a couple of weeks and when I come back, there's anarchy

theguvnor said:
The ones of you here who are spouting off total crap the last few days deserve to be knocked out and carted down 7 sisters to support a team worthy of them - yids.

Now guvner, you know what I'll say, and I know what you'll answer. But god damn it, several 25 page threads about the term yid and you still continue.

theguvnor said:
Obviously not many of you were around when arsenal were crap. Minority of us though were around in the 80's and early/mid 90's. So please spare us your fickle ramblings and just sod off because you dont deserve arsenal.

Okay, lets start counting, anyone born in between '87-'96 (never know) will not remember aresenal being crap, e.g: me.

That last comment is about as annoying and arrogant as Henry's current goal celebration, you know, the one where he acts like it was easy and doesnt matter? You should know, you go to all the games.

Arnie said:
Just made a post just like this!! They should roll over to Stamford Bridge, only they'll come back soon!!

Glory Hunting Idiots, should jut F*** off. We know who the real supporters are!! **** heads!!

Paragraph 1: Two stupid comments. One, Why would they go to Chelski, maybe they're not as shallow as you think. Two, why would they come back?

Paragraph 2: Some of the whinging done here is by impatient people, not plastic gooners. And why do I seem to remember you being identical when you made your very annoying appearence not too long ago?

Edit: This was my comments on the first page.

A

Anonymous

Now guvner, you know what I'll say, and I know what you'll answer. But god damn it, several 25 page threads about the term yid and you still continue
I wasnt on the forum during the yid thread, i did catch the back end of it, and you would ****ing wish i wasnt here when it was in hot debate. Its a total and utter joke to expect any gooner to reframe from calling the **** -y**s. I will never stop, never ever ever, that is there name, that is what we call them, why dont you get out your bubble, walk down to highbury this saturday, walk into the cannons and say "Ban the word y**", you will be thrown head first out of a window, which maybe wouldnt do you much harm.
I am attempting to stop using that word ON THIS FORUM because i got a pm from someone who KINDLY asked me to try and stop. Out of respect for the person i will do so. But dont think your sarcastic little posts would ever make me stop.

made your very annoying appearence
Pot calling the kettle black eh.
too many big opinions for someone so young.

Chips&CurrySauce

Mini, this thread had nothing to do with race, it was about the over reaction of many of our supporters and yet you have to bring up the whole race thing and twist the angle of the topic. Get a life for god's sake.

I agree with the guvnor, keep expressing yourself mate!

Ratinho

Established Member
I don't have an issue with people overeacting, but just do it in one thread where you can all ***** about Vieira's form and Wenger not having a 'plan B' (how many times have we gone in at half time down/drawing and come out in the second half and turned it around? The Wenger -Plan B thing is genuine bollox).

It's when about 10 threads open with 'Start the kids', 'Wenger has lost it', 'Arsenal's problem - Wenger/Vieira' (these might not be exact titles, but you get my jist), that people get pissed off with it.

And to those piling criticism on Vieira, at least he knows and is admitting his poor form, even though he has had the occassional good game in the last 2/3 weeks, as apposed to a Pires or a Reyes. Now, i'm not gonna lay into thse players as I know they are trying (especially poor old Jose 'being kicked to death' Reyes), but there form does have to improve, as does the team as a whole rather than just individuals.

Soler

Established Member
I'm locking this before Mini degenerates it into yet ANOTHER ****ing race "debate".

Next time you bring this up Mini, you're banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom