• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your First Arsenal Home and Away Match.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Sorry if this Thread has been done before.
Was wondering what your First Arsenal Home and Away Match was. These are my Matches.
HOME. I went to watch Arsenal at Highbury, against Manchester City on the Opening Day of the 1994/95 season. We won 3 - 0, a good start to the season. 🟥⬜ Vs 🟦⬜
AWAY. I went to a pre-season match against Wolverhampton Wanderers. This was before the start of the 1995/96 season. Bruce Rioch was Manager, I think we won 2 - 0. New signings Dennis Bergkamp and David Platt were playing in the game. Wolves had the likes of Geoff Thomas, Tony Daley and Steve Bull in there Team.
🟧⬛ Vs 🟥⬜

Tom Mix

First home game Odense in the Cup Winners Cup. Don't do aways except finals. Probably some semi-final against Chelsea at Wembley.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
First home game was against Villa at the Highbury ages ago, think we won 3-1?? Thierry scored a trademark goal.

I was a kid so can’t remember properly, need to find it on YouTube or something.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
First home game was the 6-1 against Southampton, Pennant and Pires got hat-tricks.

Only away games I've been to were 2 friendlies in pre-season just before the Invincibles season. Drew 1-1 at Celtic and beat Rangers 3-0.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

First home game was a league cup tie against Oldham back in 94, Paul Dickov scored both goals. I've a funny feeling it was a replay or ties were played over 2 legs back then.

First away game was an Easter Monday fixture against Newcastle in 2007. Dreadful game that finished 0-0. That was back when away games went on general sale and you didn't need points to get a ticket.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I've only been to one away , and one home game

sitting amongst the Swansea supporters at the Liberty Stadium watching Arsenal win 4-0 was an exercise in emotional repression

watching Arsenal beat Everton at the Emirates in the last game of the 2016/17 season was a sad occasion, as it was the first time we finished outside the top four under Wenger

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Don't remember my first home. This was my first away.

Two things stuck in my mind:
(a) Oldham is very hilly
(b) Ian Wright was pretty anonymous, not convinced he's going to cut it at Arsenal

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Man I really don't get to the stadium enough, but my first away game (and my first game ever) was largely unmemorable; it was at Ewood park on 17th September 2011 when we lost 4 - 3 to Blackburn.

It was such a **** day lol, I remember when we actually took the lead at one point and we were singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" :lol:

Then my first home game was goddamn awful as well; it was our 1 - 0 win over QPR on 31st December 2011. It was such a bore fest, I remember at one point the geezer behind me said I should go and play and that I'd probably do better :lol:

I actually got some snaps from that game as it was my first time visiting the Emirates and honestly the stadium is really amazing, kudos to Wenger, Fiszman and Dein who if I'm correct were pivotal in that move.

Anyway here are some pics (if you look closely you'll see Arteta's lego mug in the 2nd one. Edit; and in the first one too it turns out lol);

DSC03949.JPG

DSC03981.JPG
DSC04121.JPG

NZgunner

3 April 1991 - we beat Villa 5-0 on our way to the league title

For some reason I remember the next home game, 2-2 against Man City more - particularly the City fans on the tube singing "Where's your double gone?" after losing in *that* semifinal

ThePortugueseGunner

As a Portuguese fan, I've never had the opportunity to watch an Arsenal game at the Emirates.

Despite that, I took my chance to watch Arsenal when they visited my team, Sporting Clube de Portugal, during the 2018/2019 Europa League Group Stage. We lost to Arsenal 0-1, with a late Welbeck goal, and later managed to snatch a goalless draw in London.

One of my ambitions is to one day watch the Gunners play at home.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
First home game a lovely 0-0 vs Sunderland (**** Advocaat parking the bus) somewhere in 2015 I think.

Got to witness the magnificent Lee Cattermole grace the pitch at the Emirates.

Attended about 6 more matches after that (seen us beat UTD and the electric 3-3 vs Liverpool).

Being from The Netherlands I haven’t been able to catch Arsenal on an English away game, but I will be there for one of our European away days if we ever make it.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom