• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your greatest Arsenal moments

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Apologies of there is a thread like this somewhere already.

Whether we win the league this year or not, the Bournemouth game & more specifically Reiss' goal has to be up there as one of the greatest moments I've experienced supporting this club.

I am wondering what everyone elses favourite moments are ?

Could be a special goal, game, moment, whatever....

My number 1 will always be the Michael Thomas 'Its up for grabs now!' winning goal vs Liverpool in 89. I was 11. Absolute bedlam.

Others are...

Winning the European Cup Winners Cup Final. Incredible when you look at some of the (rubbish) players we had back then.

The day we signed Wrighty. It was like going from having a perfectly good hamburger (Alan Smith), to a plump prime cut juicy rump steak.

Steve Bould chipping to Tony Adams to score that goal vs Everton.

Sylvain Wiltord scoring at Old Trafford to win the league was pretty great.

The Thierry Henry show vs Real Madrid Galacticos at the Bernabao in our UCL final run in 2006.

The battering of Inter Milan (1-5) at the San Siro in 2003.

Danny Welbecks goal vs Leicester. Ultimately it wasn't pivotal but at the time it was as big as Reiss' & against the league leaders. Still goes down as an epic moment.

Reiss' goal is also way up there. More really for what it represents & it how it encapsulates where Arsenal are right now. You saw that in the players, staff, & fans too. It felt so so huge in the context of everything. Obviously to win a game like that is incredible too.

Still being the only Invincible side is an awesome thing to think about too. Unbelievable really.

So many great great games & goals down the years...Wrighty, Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Rosicky, & Wilshere all scored some ridiculous goals, but the Bergamp vs Newcastle one is probably my fave as it's so so unique & probably only DB10 (maybe Cantona too) could have scored that. His football brain was way beyond anyone else.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thierry's nutmeg on Danny Mills in 2003, it's the best nutmeg ever.

Celebrated that as loudly as a goal when I seen it!

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Too many moments to pick when supporting Arsenal.

But there was only moment that made me cry: the Return of The King vs Leeds and his goal.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
In the Top 4 era:

When the news started filtering out that we were signing Mesut Özil.

Ramsey's winner in the 2014 FA Cup final to complete the comeback from 2-0 down.

Arshavin's four goals at Anfield.

@rich 1990 leaving AM

Arshavin's winner against Barca at the Emirates.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom