• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yusuf Yazici

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lacazette replacement?

Could work, it'd be a gamble though - it's only this season that Yusuf has played as a forward at all and he still plays as an attacking mid for the national team. If we're looking at him as an attacking mid option, bad move. He's more of an end product guy than a creator.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Could work, it'd be a gamble though - it's only this season that Yusuf has played as a forward at all and he still plays as an attacking mid for the national team. If we're looking at him as an attacking mid option, bad move. He's more of an end product guy than a creator.
Sounds like he has false 9 potential, if he is a CAM for turkey but has good end product. If he could also play in another position he would be a useful player for the squad, but is he good enough to sign as a starter here? Not sure as I haven't watched him.

senna

He plays absolutely nothing like Özil, it's a lazy comparison based on their Turkishness. Has played mostly attacking mid, but considers himself a forward and produces more when he plays as a forward. Lille started to use him more as a forward this season, hence the improvement. Suited to a second striker or false nine role. Very clinical finisher, good movement without the ball, decent creator, okay pace and strength.

How well is he suited to pressing from the front & does he have the pace to play wide?

Luis campos has a good scouting eye - so based on that he's prob a good player. Hopefully we can get campos in as an Edu replacement, we seem to love all his players at Lille so may as well cut the middleman out.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Sounds like he has false 9 potential, if he is a CAM for turkey but has good end product. If he could also play in another position he would be a useful player for the squad, but is he good enough to sign as a starter here? Not sure as I haven't watched him.

He does have false nine potential, but hasn't been used in that role thus far. I'm skeptical that he would move the needle for us as a regular starter. Would make an useful option, but he'll want to go somewhere where he can be a regular starter. Crystal Palace could be a good move for him.

How well is he suited to pressing from the front & does he have the pace to play wide?

Not much of a defensive contributor. He doesn't have the pace to play wide in the PL. Strictly central. He's less effective from the wing in general, but could probably cut it in Serie A.

senna

He does have false nine potential, but hasn't been used in that role thus far. I'm skeptical that he would move the needle for us as a regular starter. Would make an useful option, but he'll want to go somewhere where he can be a regular starter. Crystal Palace could be a good move for him.

Not much of a defensive contributor. He doesn't have the pace to play wide in the PL. Strictly central. He's less effective from the wing in general, but could probably cut it in Serie A.

Thanks man - i dont want anyone upfront or on the wing without pace unless its a target man. Probably not what we need.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom