• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Welbeck take the next step?

a_fourteen

Established Member
I'm not talking about his transfer mistakes. Every manager, even Wenger has made them.

When he gives a young player a chance there's a reason. A red headed firebrand, a tenacious Irish terrier, a pair of workmanlike local brothers, a young foreign keeper who initially struggled to fit in.

The list is undisputable, the most interesting name is one added to the end. A young gangly striker who has been derided his whole career. Ferguson saw something different, the building blocks of a generational striker, someone who he'd never have sold to Wenger his hated rival, someone who he thought would have been Utd's own Thierry Henry.
Let's cut to the chase mate. I like Welbeck and have hopes for him but if he were all that Fergie would not have bought judas. Rvp's arrival ended welbecks United career.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Take Rex's pants off your head, untie him, and piss off back to the nuthouse, you swine, or I shall go to the police!

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Well I hope Welbeck is going to surprise many next season. I think he will probably give us more of the same.

He's going to surprise us either way. Or he's picking up his game and become a real valuable player for us or he's going to leave for a club like Swansea. Next season is key imo, he's turning 25 and hasn't shown that he can be a key-player for us like other players his age have.

Emibury

Yeah, he is so frustrating. Perhaps he will end up like Adebayor - flashes of brilliance but just ending up as a journeyman, never really excelling anywhere.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bebe was a favour to Jorge .

Exactly, Fergie never saw him play. So technically Ferguson's eye for talent isn't in question.

Lol at all the haters in this thread, when the Welbatross spreads his wings and carries us to glory, I hope you're all left behind.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So technically Ferguson's eye for talent isn't in question.

Phil Jones disagrees:
But Ferguson said: "Jones, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player. I think Jones may be one of the best players we have ever had, not matter where we play him. At 21 years of age, he is going to be a phenomenal player. I think he can play anywhere on the pitch.
I still like Welbeck though, think he can be a good squad player at the very least.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Phil Jones isn't a flop. Very underrated player, could be John Terry level down the line. Don't forget Wenger wanted Jones as well as Ferguson.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
How can a player have the potential to be world class when he can't hit a football without falling over. It's unreal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How can a player have the potential to be world class when he can't hit a football without falling over. It's unreal.
It's unreal, as you say. It's also interesting. I say this, because such a statement throws up a few questions that I don't think some have thought about, like these:

1. If Welbeck has 'world class' potential, then what other players under the age of 24, who can run and do very little else, also have world class potential?

2. If said fast players with little else to their game haven't got world class potential, why not?

3. What do you consider to be 'world class potential'?

4. Do you consider Theo Walcott, a player who very fast, scores goals and assists at the highest level, to be 'world class'? If not, why not?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's unreal, as you say. It's also interesting. I say this, because such a statement throws up a few questions that I don't think some have thought about, like these:

1. If Welbeck has 'world class' potential, then what other players under the age of 24, who can run and do very little else, also have world class potential?

2. If said fast players with little else to their game haven't got world class potential, why not?

3. What do you consider to be 'world class potential'?

4. Do you consider Theo Walcott, a player who very fast, scores goals and assists at the highest level, to be 'world class'? If not, why not?

World class potential is what Welbz has. The direct running, skillful touch is honestly Henry-like.

Right now he's a 7/10. I back Wenger to coax that extra 3/10 from him.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think it's that world class definition problem again. I think what I consider to be world class is quite far from what other people consider it to be. He's far from having world class potential imo.

I'm a believer in Welbeck! It must be hard for players like Özil and Welbeck, playing some years for managers who instruct them to upset opposition more than playing attacking game where they are allowed to express them with freedom. Think it take time to get that feeling when you play with no instructions.

Welbeck will have the summer to impress, can see Wenger going for no forward unless it is late in the window and the likes of Welbeck and Chamberlain fail to impress.

I think Welbeck will repay his faith! Love this player!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think it's that world class definition problem again. I think what I consider to be world class is quite far from what other people consider it to be. He's far from having world class potential imo.

I consider world class to be Henry level. Welbz is close to that.

I consider world class to be Henry level. Welbz is close to that.

I consider world class to be most players that play for best clubs in Champions league...

So many footballers and World class isn't even highest class in my opinion. Think the tier system is better, with godlike tier highest for Messi and Ronaldo and then tier 1, tier 2, tier 3...

Welbeck is dancing on line between tier 2 and 3 in potential for me. I have faith!

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom