• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
UEFA Champions League winners in the squad:
Stoke City Football Club - 4
Liverpool FC - 2
Arsenal - 1
Manchester City FC - 1
Source: SportsBible

Hell has frozen over.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
He's a good player when he wants to be, nothing more to say really.

I suspect, he'll have a good patch, then totally cool off and go into semi retirement. That said, maybe Gooner Tim won't let that happen.

What do you make of Tim now btw? I remember you couldn't be more against him when I touted his name for the job.
I still don't like him as a person.

But he kept us up, got us to a cup final and, so far, has made some very very promising signings. So I'm more than happy with what he's doing as our manager.

So he's proving me wrong.

With our signings, Sherwood's improvement and the addition of Wilkins, I think we'll surprise people this season.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
FWIW I'm not really sold on the adebayor signing. Will be decent enough as a squad member but I'm not sure I want him as our number one striker for the season.

Mastadon

Established Member
It's gonna take a hell of a management job to get anything out of Adebayor. He's done with football I reckon just playing for the paycheck now doubt he gives a **** anymore. Benteke was playing for a move and for his international spot and reputation Adebayor has no such concerns. Good luck getting him to turn up consistently.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
ImmaculateMeatyBeardedcollie.gif

Harry Kane's technique when striking the ball is so ****ing good. **** the raw numbers he put up last season, he actually looks quality when you watch him play.

RandyMarsh

Established Member

Harry Kane's technique when striking the ball is so ****ing good. **** the raw numbers he put up last season, he actually looks quality when you watch him play.
Reluctantly agree. He looks the real deal. Where's our Kane Wenger? Sanogo? Akpom? Welbeck?

He'll be off to a bigger club next summer anyway if he replicates last season. Madrid? Then we come swooping in for Benzema mwahahaha

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
minimal wage, high bonus per goal clause that will wake him up. trust me on that
100k a week. And we're footing the whole bill.

Those are the reports. Justified by it being a loan and not a signing so we're saving money on a fee (there's logic there somwhere)

He'll be our highest earning player of all time.

Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll let the bean counters worry about it.

We've also signed Jordan Veretout. Our third Jordan of the transfer window! And we signed Ray Wilkins from Jordan national team. I think Sherwood just searched "jordan" on football manager and went mental.

But yeah, that one should be announced later today or tomorrow. Adebayor probably tomorrow.

9 signings so far this window!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agreed, looks a quality young player. Gutted on one hand being a Gooner, but being an England fan it's good to see a young striker coming through.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doubt he'll stay their much longer anyway, with Rooney turning 30 I suspect Utd or even City going all out for him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
On form Ade is probably a level above Benteke tbh, if Sherwood can once again get the best out of him Villa will have some striker. Better than the Agbonlahors, Darren Bents and John Carews of years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom