• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

fabo

6.51 / 10
I am actually very confident in England's chances for Euros. We are no longer trying to force overrated out of form "superstars" into our first 11 due to their names (with exception of Rooney at moment). The team is full of players technically and creative wise supeiror to previous sides as well as being much faster and more mobile. Another plus is there far less pressure on them this competiton without the overhyped names. This is the best English squad since euro 96.

With Holland, Spain, Italy, Germany on the slide, it looks promising for England.

Are you kidding? Dreadful England squad atm and will do nothing again at the Euro's after a piss easy qualifying group.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
These matches are ruining football every year. I don't know how but i keep forgetting that they exist. Keep getting surprised and annoyed every year when the first international break starts.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Are you kidding? Dreadful England squad atm and will do nothing again at the Euro's after a piss easy qualifying group.
Woy will do **** all.
We'll let you have your moment in the spotlight mate. And maybe in 2115 Bale's great great grandson can carry you to another major championship :)

I'm actually an Englishman living in Wales and i don't feel quite the same animosity towards this country as you do towards England. Still, you'll forever be in our shadow in football and rugby.
:rolleyes:

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Just forget about Wales and England, simply play as Great Britain.

You might actually win something as well.

Unfortunately.

It's annoying because my passport says "The United Kingdom", but I'm forced to support a team that isn't actually my "country" if that makes sense.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I only watched the second half of Holland - Iceland, but dear lord, how bad are we? I saw the line-up and the only thing I could think of was: Where have the times gone that we played Bergkamp, Kluivert, Davids, Overmars, Cocu, De Boer, Van der Sar, Stam...

Van der Wiel has no business being in the team, this was his first game in 92 days. He was terrible in possession and gave away a stupid penalty. Martins Indi is a liability. Blind will of course play LB because his dad is the coach, but he's terrible as well. I really only like De Vrij there, he's going to have a good career imo.

Our midfield is too lightweight. Sneijder hasn't been great since what, 5 years? With the exception of a few games now and then. Klaassen a huge talent, but has to play defensive midfielder where he is an attacking one. And those subs.. Why the **** did we bring on Quincy Promes when we need a goal, with Van Persie on the bench? Huntelaar also did nothing in his 40 minute-appearance.

Congratulations to Iceland, and thank you Latvia for giving us some hope to get third place over Turkey. Though that might change next Sunday, can see us losing there easily without Robben.

I've argued at his appointment how bad Blind was, he's done **** all in every position he's been, but it doesn't matter. As long as you've been a good footballer you can become our NT coach. Anyone on A-M want to apply?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Unfortunately.

It's annoying because my passport says "The United Kingdom", but I'm forced to support a team that isn't actually my "country" if that makes sense.
You're forced to support England, but you'd rather support the UK?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I only watched the second half of Holland - Iceland, but dear lord, how bad are we? I saw the line-up and the only thing I could think of was: Where have the times gone that we played Bergkamp, Kluivert, Davids, Overmars, Cocu, De Boer, Van der Sar, Stam...

Van der Wiel has no business being in the team, this was his first game in 92 days. He was terrible in possession and gave away a stupid penalty. Martins Indi is a liability. Blind will of course play LB because his dad is the coach, but he's terrible as well. I really only like De Vrij there, he's going to have a good career imo.

Our midfield is too lightweight. Sneijder hasn't been great since what, 5 years? With the exception of a few games now and then. Klaassen a huge talent, but has to play defensive midfielder where he is an attacking one. And those subs.. Why the **** did we bring on Quincy Promes when we need a goal, with Van Persie on the bench? Huntelaar also did nothing in his 40 minute-appearance.

Congratulations to Iceland, and thank you Latvia for giving us some hope to get third place over Turkey. Though that might change next Sunday, can see us losing there easily without Robben.

I've argued at his appointment how bad Blind was, he's done **** all in every position he's been, but it doesn't matter. As long as you've been a good footballer you can become our NT coach. Anyone on A-M want to apply?
Blind is a terrible appointment indeed, he won't change anything, just continue the same ****. The same players, who are the favourites, keep getting selected no matter how poor they are. Can't believe someone like Bruma, who isn't even a stand-out player in the Dutch league keeps getting selected. Same for Tete, who's played 9 games in the Ajax first team gets called up, it's unbelievable. The team and manager are a perfect fit, though, both without a spine and both without leadership.

BobP

Memri Fan
On Holland, do you guys think that the poaching of their most promising young players during their formative years has drastically reduced the talent pool available to them?

It something that has become more and more common.

Bad career choices lead to the growth of clearly talented players being stunted, they never end up seeing the light of day as their confidence is shattered as well as not being exposed to much high level football.

Or is it simply that they have a bad bunch?

They've always had talent, with the only real dearth coming in the gap between the golden 70s generation and the time where guys like Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard started to come through. After that they had a fantastic spell with players such as Bergkamp, Overmars, Cocu, Davids, De Boer's, Kluivert, VDS, Davids, Reiziger, Seedorf, Staam.

You even have guys like van Nistelrooy hanging about there somewhere

Even after that they had a decent batch come through marked by players such as RVP, Sneijder, Robben, van der Vaart and other useful guys.

Now there's this massive drop and I can't see where they can gain some reprieve.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
So glad for Iceland and Wales. Always supporting those smaller teams that give their all, play to their maximum.
Adored Greece at That Euro, loved Costa Rica in the world cup.. And so on..

Since I am one of many Croats who wishes all the worst to our National Team, I dont even watch those games, just waiting for it to end so I can watch Arsenal. and then, in the summer, I'll get all fired up for Euros and those smaller teams

Spaking of England, I think they are on the rise. Som very nice talented players in Jack, Sterling, Ox, Theo,.. Add Rooney, Welbeck, Henderson, Clyne, Shaw, Baknes, Hart, etc etc and I believe if all get ready and fit for Euros they can make a mark. Even if not, they are on the rise.
Not sure they have a right coach, but I dont watch it closely so I am not right person to give opinions

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry I was so rude about the noble English country and it's great team.

I was carried away by mucho alcohol. In fact I've actually enjoyed watching England this year. Take my hangover as ample punishment.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Holland are a small nation, despite elite youth level foundations, you feel its not going to be easy maintaining a top national team.

Maybe we have 20 years of a poor Dutch team before a crop of talent emerges that could match the 90's guys.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Spaking of England, I think they are on the rise. Som very nice talented players in Jack, Sterling, Ox, Theo,.. Add Rooney, Welbeck, Henderson, Clyne, Shaw, Baknes, Hart, etc etc and I believe if all get ready and fit for Euros they can make a mark. Even if not, they are on the rise.
Not sure they have a right coach, but I dont watch it closely so I am not right person to give opinions

Poorest group of England players I can ever remember.

Even the ones you mentioned - Rooney is old, Ox, Barkley and Sterling are still kids, Theo has never done it for England, Baines, Welbeck and Henderson etc all decent but that's it.

Jack is quality though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would employ a young manager after Euro 2016 who's job will be to develop a new England team around the younger players, maybe let Rooney, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill etc go.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom