• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've actually seen him miss more penalties than I've seen him score

Same, just thought it's something he would of worked on by now.

Remember him scoring some good ones for Chile.

Even Ramsey, why do we never have anyone fight over the PK, is it really that strict here. Not that Cazorla's a bad taker, half his goals are penalties :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think Giroud would be our best penalty taker.
Not any of this panenka or trying to fool the keeper to wait for his first move then shoot the other side.

Just select your corner and smash it in !

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think Giroud would be our best penalty taker.
Not any of this panenka or trying to fool the keeper to wait for his first move then shoot the other side.

Just select your corner and smash it in !

Giroud has a flawless record from the spot. Every penalty he's taken for us has been clinical. Leaves the keeper with no chance.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Yea Giroud is suited to pens, great shot on him, it's just in the real football world he takes ages to set himself, he doesn't have to worry about that with pens.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Iirc he missed one against Coventry I think in his first season.

He missed that as he was under immense pressure. He still hadn't scored for us and the media were all over him, by labeling him a failure and a weak replacement for JVP. But he scored afterwards in that match.

The two penalties which I remember him scoring for us were superb.
He did vs. Fener in CL and vs. Wigan in FA Cup semi.

Ideally, Özil would probably be excellent penalty taker as he has a precise shot in him, but the fact that he missed both his penalties for Arsenal (v. Marseille and Bayern) , makes him a no go.

Reactions: A_G

Going to call him slippy from now on.

Sounds about right, do you remember when he took the ball away from Alaba, then slipped, then he got him self up and just stood there and watched Alaba score. Could that count as double slip?

He slipped and thought him slippin was some kind of foul.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Am I the only one who dislikes him?

I can't be.
Don't like him in CM but he's a quality player so gets away with it most of the time. 8/10 games he's good but he can easily be overrun in midfield.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Santi not getting the love from some peeps here. He's a wonderful baller. Bad miss the other day, slip or not-generally he's been excellent from the PK spot for us.

Shame his goal scoring days seem have gone the way the dodo. So, like he's NEVER scored a CL goal for us. Amazingly horrible stat Santi-sort it out vs Olympiacos mate!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Santi has been **** for us in front of goal, which is weird because he scores for Spain pretty regularly. I don't think he'll never score one again, just not expecting any anytime soon.

Now that I said that he'll score against Norwich...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sabti is a top footballer, but Wenger just has to do something silly.

Santi is not up to the requirements in his current position.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Without Francis, there is a chance we might see more from Santi. How?

I think its crucial to tighten our midfield now. Put an extra body in the centrr of the park, since we dont have anyone close to Francis level at what he does the best. Lets not try to expect miracles from Flamini, Arteta or Chambers to give us what Francis did

Instead, move Özil wide, And partner Ramsey Santi and Flamini/Chambers in the middle.
That formation is best suited for counter attacking football, something we are doing a lot these days.
Santi would have more freedom and more forward runs where he is magical in terms of passing and vision. He can also rotate with Özil a lot.

Think thats the beat we can do right now, as pong as there is no Arteta/Flamini - Cazorla partnership.

There was a lot of penalty taker talk, so I'll just give you my pick; Theo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom