• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2015/2016

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just heard on Arseblog that El-Neny is the first dedicated CM Wenger has actually paid a transfer fee for since Arteta in 2011. You can't make this **** up :lol:

To be fair , we were properly stacked in that area .

Godwin1

Very well-known
Just heard on Arseblog that El-Neny is the first dedicated CM Wenger has actually paid a transfer fee for since Arteta in 2011. You can't make this **** up :lol:
Doesn't surprise me, Wenger's put faith in injurry prone players in that position and accepted mediocracy by neglecting buying a player with defensive capabilities. Thakfully we got lucky with Coq who's since blown Arteta's previous contribution out of the water.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Not sure about Alexis up from there mate, we need to get the best out of him and his best position is on the wing.

He's played in this position quite a bit in his career already especially for Chilie and has looked just as effective as he does on the flanks.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He's played in this position quite a bit in his career already especially for Chilie and has looked just as effective as he does on the flanks.
Not sure think he's better picking the ball up on the flanks, cutting in and making things happen. Could do the same up front if he roams and more importantly if players occupy his vacated space. Still not to sure it would work for us though, be interesting to see.

say yes

forum master baiter
Alexis through the middle has always played as a second striker, not quite the same as playing as a CF. As long as Özil is here his best position will be cutting inside from the wing.

skip spence

Our right wing increasingly reminds me of that classic South Park democracy dilemma. Choosing between a turd and a douche.

And the central midfield, absolute poverty as well.

Remember there were those here at A-M who said that the Cazorla injury could be a blessing in disguise. Could these people step forward for the public shaming please?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ospina: Sell
Debuchy: Sell
Chambers: Loan
Gibbs: Sell
Arteta: Release
Flamini: Release
Rosicky: Release
Campbell or Welbeck: Sell
Walcott: Sell

Hopefully.

LordBump

Buy some class at Striker and RW, even if it's for only 2 frign years.

Let them revel and show our younger guys the quality that is needed !

JFDI !
= just fckn do it !!!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Let me quote today's arseblog (goals scored by players):

Özil has 5 in 29 games; Ramsey has 5 in 27; Walcott has 5 in 27. Joel Campbell has 3 in 22; Oxlade-Chamberlain 1 goal all season – and that didn’t even come in a truly competitive game. Santi Cazorla played 20 games and didn’t score once.

That is absolutely disgusting. Blame Giroud all you like, but he's carried the goal scoring burden and seems to be the only one reliable to score. And that fact alone is shocking, especially with an eye on his conversion rate, compared to the other Top CFs out there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's what's so ****ed about our situation. We can't/won't drop Giroud because he is the one scoring but at the same time our setup is designed to get him to score and negatively effects everyone else.

At least with Walcott at CF the chances we do create are normally genuine clear chances rather than a hopeful cross.

Have doubts as to whether it would work with our current wide options though. Ideally we’d put Coq-Elneny in the middle and have Ramsey roaming on the wing again. Otherwise we’re basically playing a 4-2-4

MagicalRozza

I always wonder why aren't we shooting more from outside the penalty box? In the Soton game majority of the shots were from a really close distance.
_88066216_capture.jpg

I only saw Arsenal live once and it was the beautiful 4-1 against Liverpool last year. I remember well that all the goals came from outside/border of the penalty box. Even Giroud scored that way. Now we try to dribble to the goal line or cross to Giroud standing at the goal line. What happened?

Sweggeh

It seems this squad is coming to its end soon. We are about to enter the era of the Arsène Wenger squad Mk 5 (Or Mk 1 for a new manager).

Look at the ages of our players.

Cech - 33
Kos - 30
Mert - 31
Nacho - 29
Flamini - 31
Santi - 31
Arteta - 33
Rosicky - 35
Giroud - 29

Chances are most of these guys will not be here for the next 3-4 years. Add the possible departures of guys like Debuchy, Woj/Ospina, plus all the guys who will leave that we cannot even begin to predict yet and its obvious to see that over the next 3 or 4 years we will really have to make over this team.

Interesting times. Its kind of sad that we don't have too many great talents in our academy that we can see replacing these guys soon. Seems we may be forced to spend whether Wenger wants to or not.

LordBump

These are the guys IMO that are of arsenal squad......

Cech, ospina
Bellerin, debuchy
Mertesacker, koscielny, Gabriel, chambers
Nacho, Gibbs
Coquelin, elneny
Cazorla, Wilshere
Özil, Ramsey
______ ox
Alexis, _______
______ giroud, Wellbeck

I'd release or sell, Arteta, Flamini, theo, Campbell

2 wide players and striker is what we absolutely need, another coquelinesque player would be good too.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom