• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2015/2016

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Looking at the eventual champions over the past 15 years and almost every single title winner has a player who has scored 20 or more league goals.

Another elite attacker and a proper CM would be priority #1 and #2 for me this summer.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Looking at the eventual champions over the past 15 years and almost every single title winner has a player who has scored 20 or more league goals.

Another elite attacker and a proper CM would be priority #1 and #2 for me this summer.

That would be marvelous, sadly Im not too confident of that.

Im more for the planning, post Wenger now. We need to get in some good, excellent prospects who can finally address the holes we have had for many years, allowing us to push on from where we hover right now.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We won't sign a CM because Ramsey will whine about being on the wing or bench again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That would be marvelous, sadly Im not too confident of that.

Im more for the planning, post Wenger now. We need to get in some good, excellent prospects who can finally address the holes we have had for many years, allowing us to push on from where we hover right now.

Bet we hire some ****** after Wenger, I see poverty managers across Europe who aren't in the same galaxy as Wenger, even the so called top managers.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Bet we hire some ****** after Wenger, I see poverty managers across Europe who aren't in the same galaxy as Wenger, even the so called top managers.

I think we probably would need to improvise with our next manager to be honest. Dont see Arsenal going the route of hiring a big name next. Do nothold hope for a medium level manager either.

BobP

Memri Fan
There's only one manager who we should sign above all, Lucien Favre, absolutely no doubt.

Also, we need to sign a big deep midfield in the summer, no doubt whatsoever, someone who can run it.

LordBump

Arsenes isn't signing anyone unless something falls in his lap.

He'll persevere with Giroud, Theo, Ramsey again.
Hope once again Wilshere stays fit.
Give more energy to Iwobi and maybe Jeff
Save heaps of money.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

There's only one manager who we should sign above all, Lucien Favre, absolutely no doubt.
Bit worried about the way he left at BMG, after their best season in years and years. You'd think they would still be on a high start of this season, but they just collapsed. Perhaps he is too demanding, similar to someone like Pep and it wears the players out after a couple of years.

Fans will force the club into some Liverpool situation... Hodgson, Rodgers and then Klopp. Jokers of managers but always what fans want.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don't know who we will get after Wenger, I wouldn't say the board are unlikely to go for a big name manager though they know what's at stake and pay good money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's with Lucien Favre btw? Gets mad hype on here but the lad is nearly 60 and never managed anything other than village teams in tinpot Germany.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
A big name manager will want to spend big. I don't think its in line with our board's long term vision and goals.

BobP

Memri Fan
What's with Lucien Favre btw? Gets mad hype on here but the lad is nearly 60 and never managed anything other than village teams in tinpot Germany.

FYI, he spent the early period of his career with smaller clubs in Switzerland.

You'd have to watch his teams play to understand his quality, he does have a relatively small sample size but he's done well literally everywhere he's gone. Look at Wenger before Arsenal, Nancy, Monaco and then Japan? Didn't look like a convincing appointment did it?

Favre took Echallens to the highest they've been in the Swiss league structure, took a Yverdon-Sport team strugglng at the bottom of second division Swiss football to promotion and managed to guide them to a 5th place finish in their first year in the top flight of Swiss football, their best finish to date, won the Swiss Cup with Servette and took them to the R16 of the UEFA Cup, guided FC Zurich to their first league title in 25 years, took Hertha Berlin to a 4th place finish in only his second season there whilst only having the 13th biggest budget in the entire league, took Gladbach from the brink of relegation and guided them towards survival THEN managed to take the exact just about the same starting 11, which had almost got relegated the season before, to a 4th place finish and they steadily consolidated themselves in the higher echelons of German football for the rest of the time he was there.

His record when it comes to molding younger players as well as improving players in general is not too shabby. I remember Dante was the joke of the Bundesliga for a while but then a season and a half later he wound up being bought by Bayern where he played an important role in leading them to a CL win, and who could forget how formidable he made Reus look.

GDeep™

League is very weak

You'd have to watch his teams play to understand his quality, he does have a relatively small sample size but he's done well literally everywhere he's gone. Look at Wenger before Arsenal, Nancy, Monaco and then Japan? Didn't look like a convincing appointment did it?

Favre took Echallens to the highest they've been in the Swiss league structure, took a Yverdon-Sport team strugglng at the bottom of second division Swiss football to promotion and managed to guide them to a 5th place finish in their first year in the top flight of Swiss football, their best finish to date, won the Swiss Cup with Servette and took them to the R16 of the UEFA Cup, guided FC Zurich to their first league title in 25 years, took Hertha Berlin to a 4th place finish in only his second season there whilst only having the 13th biggest budget in the entire league, took Gladbach from the brink of relegation and guided them towards survival THEN managed to take the exact just about the same starting 11, which had almost got relegated the season before, to a 4th place finish and they steadily consolidated themselves in the higher echelons of German football for the rest of the time he was there.

His record when it comes to molding younger players as well as improving players in general is not too shabby. I remember Dante was the joke of the Bundesliga for a while but then a season and a half later he wound up being bought by Bayern where he played an important role in leading them to a CL win, and who could forget how formidable he made Reus look.

Cheers for the insight.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A big name manager will want to spend big. I don't think its in line with our board's long term vision and goals.

Yeah, that's why you would never attract a big spender like Pep.

Was funny reading this forum when people spoke about Pep as this romantic manager who'll take over from Wenger because Arsenal fit his style etc, reality is Pep wants to spend 40-60M each on a player and he'll go where the money and bigger upside is.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The fact that we just posted a 6 month loss suggests we wont be spending big any time soon. We only bought Cech in the summer yet still spent £39.4m on players due to instalments on previous transfers. This will give the BoD even more reason not to splash out. Arghhhhhhh:mad:

LordBump

Yeh but you had David Dein picking the guy.

Who's gonna pick the next manager ? Wenger and we'll end up with someone cheap from Albania.......
Leave it to the board and it'll just be someone within the club already that has this mediocre culture bled into them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger says he has no interest in picking the next manager.

I suspect the board will hire some absolute ****** like Blanc or Low.

Reactions: BBF

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom