• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Unfortunately, we have been knocked out of the CC earlier than we expect to be for what the past 2-3 seasons(?). The younger guys haven't had much time to play in that tourney to get experience. At this point, I'm not even sure if Wenger knows what he wants from Chambers.

Linson

Chambers is only 5 11?! Wow, I thought he was much taller than that!

I feel sorry for the guy, he is clearly being misused. I don't think he's mobile enough to be a central-midfielder nor a full back. He needs to play with someone quick and aggressive at centre half, I see him as a natural successor almost to Per.

BBF

Chambers is only 5 11?! Wow, I thought he was much taller than that!

I feel sorry for the guy, he is clearly being misused. I don't think he's mobile enough to be a central-midfielder nor a full back. He needs to play with someone quick and aggressive at centre half, I see him as a natural successor almost to Per.

He's not. @Makingtrax talking nonsense as usual.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He is 6ft tall. Not that it makes too much of a difference, but it's above average for sure.

He's a natural in the air anyways, height isn't always what makes people adept there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not. @Makingtrax talking nonsense as usual.
The first post on this thread says he's 1.82 m tall which is about 5ft 11 1/2".
Didn't quite realise the level of precision necessary to satisfy your exacting standards on this forum.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He started 18 PL games the season before he joined Arsenal.
His first season with us he had 36 appearances this season only 22. No guarantee he'd have kept his numbers up.Clyne was in great form at RB and Southampton brought in Alderwield, hae Fonte and Yoshida already there. It's all speculation of course but I don't think he'd have gotten much game time and sure feck even if he did we could have paid more money for a more polished product.

As a betting man I'd say he would have established himself this season with Clyne leaving and a vacant spot at RB.

Heisenberg

Your list of centre backs are classy players by and large but I think some of them are taller than Chambers, like Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva and smaller ones with a good leap often play with taller ones eg
Adams (6ft 3) and Keown (6ft 1)
Pallister (6ft 4) and Bruce (6ft)
Hyppia (6ft 5) and Henchoz (6ft 2)
Hyppia (6ft 5) and Carragher (6ft 1)
Stam (6ft 3) and Henning Berg (6ft)
Desailly (6ft 2) and Lebouef (6ft)
Campbell (6ft 2) and Toure (6ft)
Terry (6ft 2) and Carvalho (6ft)
Ferdinand (6 ft 2) and Vidic (6ft 1)
Maybe Chambers will make it at 5ft 11, as you say Cannavaro did at 5ft 9.
Chambers is 1.83m - I do not think i mentioned one taller than 185cm, so all similar in height. And from what I can find Ramos and Silva have the exact same height as Chambers.

Claiming he is too short is BS. Claiming he is not strong enough is on the other hand a valid point. More hours in the gym and a loan spell. If that is not enough - he will never make it.

Toast

Established Member
Ah... the old height argument. It's a bit of a red herring. Imo 'leap' is far more important than height (though a CB should be at least about 1.80m tall as well).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Ronaldo and Bale out leap much taller defenders with ease. Really not a big deal for me.

From what I've seen of him if rate him higher than John Stones.

Heisenberg

I don't think he should go on loan. Needs to play here.
Why?

Is he good enough to play for a PL winning team yet? I doubt it.
And a PL winning team is what we should aim to be.

Koscielny is our main man. Mertesacker and Gabriel is a level below, and a upgrade is possible. I think Wenger should look a the possibilities. Especially with Mertesacker with only 1 year left, Gabriel still needs to convince people.

So, keep what we have, buy a good new guy, and give Chambers a loan spell. Without that, I doubt he will be a future Arsenal first team regular.

indy23

He is at this point a tweener more than a cafu. And thats ok. He can play multiple positions which is good.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lots of new people to the 'waiting game' I see.
It would be completely understandable if those in front of him were performing, but Per and Gabriel have obviously left much to be desired this season. Little would have been lost by giving Chambers a go, and seeing as it would be beneficial to give him gametime, bad performances could actually have been progressive in some way.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It would be completely understandable if those in front of him were performing, but Per and Gabriel have obviously left much to be desired this season. Little would have been lost by giving Chambers a go, and seeing as it would be beneficial to give him gametime, bad performances could actually have been progressive in some way.

The movements of a master leaves amateurs baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom