• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

TheDream

Well Wenger will be buying a CF and a RW, I don't know about the CF but the right winger will be a free agent , you heard here first

Heisenberg

Well Wenger will be buying a CF and a RW, I don't know about the CF but the right winger will be a free agent , you heard here first
Can you name any slightly well-known winger available on free this summer?

Hatem Ben Arfa and Sofiane Feghouli?

Hatem Ben Arfa is mentally unstable. Feghouli not good enough. The former of the two will probably stay in France too. Lyon and PSG both being mentioned.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still believe we have the perfect blend to play the diamond:

------------------------Cech--------------------------

Bellerin---------New CB----Kos----------Monreal

-------------------------Xhaka------------------------

----------------Wilshere---------Cazorla------------

----------------------------Özil-------------------------

-------------------Sanchez-----New CF

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I still agree on that diamond, but I am also still convinced it would work that good in England as it would in Italy for example. Plus, you would need more energy and legs on those side CM's

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Still believe we have the perfect blend to play the diamond:

------------------------Cech--------------------------

Bellerin---------New CB----Kos----------Monreal

-------------------------Xhaka------------------------

----------------Wilshere---------Cazorla------------

----------------------------Özil-------------------------

-------------------Sanchez-----New CF
I like this but it won't work with both Santi and Jack without at least one player with an engine.

chessygoal

Cech; Bellerin, Benatia, Koscielny, Monreal; Xhaka, Ramsey, Gotze, Özil, Alexis; Morata.
It's a sexy line-up, with a great work rate too. But I'd be more comfortable with a proven goalscorer upfront : Higuain Benzema, Lewa or anyone who scores regularly more than 20 goals per season (not called Giroud).

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Morata just isn't prolific enough for me to justify him. If we aren't going for a top striker signing, then we should just go for Simone Zaza, he has decent height and strength and has an eye for goal. He's no slouch either and has a few tricks up his sleeve.

There is a reason that both West Ham and Southampton are after him. The managers of those clubs are no mugs.

With Zaza, Gotze and a solid CB, we'd have a great shot at the title as long as Sanchez and Özil stay. We could sell Ox/Walcott and probably have a net spend of only £30m or so.

We can't sell too many though as the homegrown rule gets in the way. People always forget this rule when they make their crazy wishlists!

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

First team:
Cech
Bellerin Benatia Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey Cazorla
Özil Morata Alexis
Second team:

Ospina
Chambers Mertesacker Gabriel Gibbs
Coquelin Elneny
Campbell Wilshere Chamberlain
Giroud
I think this is a reasonably realistic wish that I'd be happy with.

I left Wilshere out of the team because I simply don't feel he can be relied upon. Also if we wanted to play 4-2-3-1 instead then just put Ramsey right and Özil back as number 10.

Gunners1616

Morata just isn't prolific enough for me to justify him. If we aren't going for a top striker signing, then we should just go for Simone Zaza, he has decent height and strength and has an eye for goal. He's no slouch either and has a few tricks up his sleeve.

There is a reason that both West Ham and Southampton are after him. The managers of those clubs are no mugs.
Dude wtf ?

That's an awful post' and you should feel bad about it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can we please finally forget the idea of Özil playing on the wings just to make room for Ramsey.

It's not to making room for Ramsey, it's more the fact that I believe we'd be better off with a midfield 3 rather than a 2 with a number 10 ahead of them. It gives us more control and suites our style of play better. Özil was excellent on the right side for Bremen, Madrid (in big games Mourinho put him there, including tearing Barca to pieces on a couple of occasions in 11/12) and Germany when they won the world cup.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's not to making room for Ramsey, it's more the fact that I believe we'd be better off with a midfield 3 rather than a 2 with a number 10 ahead of them. It gives us more control and suites our style of play better. Özil was excellent on the right side for Bremen, Madrid (in big games Mourinho put him there, including tearing Barca to pieces on a couple of occasions in 11/12) and Germany when they won the world cup.
Diamond, mate.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom