• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I wish Chuba sorted himself out. It should be him :(.

I have hope for our young academy dons in the event of us not signing a good enough striker.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
He's a worldie but I don't think he could play as a lone striker. Bit of an inbetweener.
Yeah, more of shadow striker really. Still holding on to having a no.9 less formation with Alexis and someone as the forwards.

Resist the temptation of bringing up Jiroo if you have a heart, Trilly.

NJRider

Brazilians worry me, I tend not to go for them unless they also have high end product.

Weirdly I kind of know what you mean. So many young Brazilians get hyped up and never do anything (I still feel burned by Kerlon) but at the same time they also produce so many. Its a weird one.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth Juve are apparently trying to sign that Jesus fella from Brazil. I'm going to have a look at him.

Damn it, he looks quality. I try to look at YouTube clips in a way that takes the player league and the fact it's a compilation into account.

Despite all that he looks very exciting, seems a good finisher and some of the decisions (and the talent/technique used to make those decisions) were excellent. That volleyed bergkamp turn, and the way he sat down the keeper from a position where he hadn't right to:eek:. Only 19 as well. :lol:

Funnily enough when I google him we're the first club to be linked with him, as recently as in March.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The best fatty in the world, ****** knows where the goal is. Even with a meh season I can't see him fail to surpass Giroud's numbers.

I hope the links intensify, hope we go for our South American targets (if any) during the euros. Otherwise the transfer window will get very boring.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I really want Santi to stay. With Yaya and Cesc droppng off, I believe he's the best CM in the league.

------------------Xhaka---------Santi----------------------
--------------------------Özil--------------------------------
------Wilshere-------Morata------------------Sanchez----

I'd happily see El Nenny or Coq come in depending on the opponent.

Soon as it's a wishlist ideally we get a WF as well.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Would really like some of our youngsters get some more game time this season. And see these transfers as allowing that aswell as giving us a solid team.

In:
- Benatia or Javi Martinez as I think Bayern would be looking to sell one CB
- Granit Xhaka (Which should already be done)
- Young LB if we don't have a good prospect - if we got one, let Gibbo stay a season more.
- Reus or Mkhi or Yarmolenko for either of the wings, we lack something and would like any of these three
- Morata or Sturridge would give our attack a new dimension, could be lethal

Out:
- Arteta and Rozz retiring
- Flamini hopefully leaving
- Walcott. Want him (and Wenger) to move on, we can find a better player to pay the wages to
- Debuchy lol
- Ospina, especially if Szczesny wants to study under Cech

4 or 5 in and 6 out. Would give room for some of our talented youngsters while replacing and improving on leaving players.

1st
Cech
Bellerin - Benatia - Koscielny - Monreal
Cazorla - Xhaka
Sanchez - Özil - Reus
Morata

2nd
Szczesny
Chambers - Mertesacker - Gabriel - Gibbs
Coquelin - Oxlade
Ramsey - Wilshere - Campbell
Giroud
Mix in all our talented young players and we got ourselves some hell of a team. Don't see it happening unless Walcott leave though. Maybe an experienced RB would be good to rotate with Bellerin but would kinda be a luxury and only if we opt to play Chambers as CB - which I would like tbh.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think 23 is the lucky number.

Xhaka 23 years old
Goetze 23 years old
Morata 23 years old

Now just find me a World class 23 year old central defender.

But joking aside, Xhaka, Benatia, Mkhitaryan and a striker who I have no real preference would be the 4 players to transform the squad for me.

Heisenberg

But joking aside, Xhaka, Benatia, Mkhitaryan and a striker who I have no real preference would be the 4 players to transform the squad for me.
Totally agree. I doubt Arsenal will sign 4 players though.

I cannot see a situation where we do not sign a striker. The situation is basically identical to last summer; Giroud and Walcott our options, and Welbeck will be back in the new year. Walcott had a poor season, and I expect him to be sold, and a new striker to come in instead.

3rd signing? Winger er central defender? I think the squad could gain more from a winger, and Mkhitaryan is a fantastic player. Both positions is probably too optimistic.
To be fair to our defence, we have not conceded that many goal in the recent seasons, and with Xhaka the midfield will probably defend better.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Totally agree. I doubt Arsenal will sign 4 players though.

I cannot see a situation where we do not sign a striker. The situation is basically identical to last summer; Giroud and Walcott our options, and Welbeck will be back in the new year. Walcott had a poor season, and I expect him to be sold, and a new striker to come in instead.

3rd signing? Winger er central defender? I think the squad could gain more from a winger, and Mkhitaryan is a fantastic player. Both positions is probably too optimistic.
To be fair to our defence, we have not conceded that many goal in the recent seasons, and with Xhaka the midfield will probably defend better.

No I dont think we will sign 4 1st team starters either, wish list stuff. I think we will get Xhaka, a striker and maybe a right side player if one of Ox or Walcott leaves. I think Arsène will give Gabriel a fair crack of the whip next season and give Chambers more starts hopefully.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom