• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bananacoffee

Looks like my Walcott comparison ain't so bad eh.

I honestly have a lot of faith in our chance creation, the chances I've seen our strikers spurn have me convinced that even a decent striker like Lacazette would get decent numbers.

Don't see any similarities between the two. Other than FIFA pace, of course.

Walcott is done anyway, hope we get rid of him. I had high hopes for him this season but somehow he has gotten worse since joining us ten years ago. :lol:

I haven't watched Fekir since he got back from injury, is he still as impressive as last season?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't see any similarities between the two. Other than FIFA pace, of course.

Walcott is done anyway, hope we get rid of him. I had high hopes for him this season but somehow he has gotten worse since joining us ten years ago. :lol:

I haven't watched Fekir since he got back from injury, is he still as impressive as last season?
Working his way back up to fitness and I don't think he made the France squad. Would be a big gamble and I think Wenger is leaving the RW spot up for grabs within the squad. Don't think we'll be signing Fekir.

As for Lacazette I said at his worse he could play the Walcott role, they have similar statures and are both fast players. Lacazette is a better footballer and finisher though as well as being a natural striker.

chessygoal

Working his way back up to fitness and I don't think he made the France squad. Would be a big gamble and I think Wenger is leaving the RW spot up for grabs within the squad. Don't think we'll be signing Fekir.

As for Lacazette I said at his worse he could play the Walcott role, they have similar statures and are both fast players. Lacazette is a better footballer and finisher though as well as being a natural striker.
Fekir could easily replace Campbell in our squad. It's a risk, but one worth taking considering his talent.
Regarding Lacazette, I hope we can find a better striker than him, but he's certainly better than Walcott right now.

ThruBallz

In: Zlatan, Xhaka, Kante, Hummels
Out: Ramsey (sold), Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini
Loan: AOC

------------------------Cech--------------------------
----------------------(Ospina)-----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
--Bellerin----Hummels----Kos------Monreal--
-(Debuchy)----(Mert)-------(Gab)-----(Gibbs)--
-----------------------------------------------------
----------------Kante----Xhaka------------------
----------------(Coq)-----(Elneny)-----------------
-------Sanchez-------Özil---------Wilshere------
-------(Theo)------(Cazorla)------(Iwobi)------
---------------------Zlatan-----------------------
--------------------(Giroud)----------------------

Squad:
Welbeck
Campbell
Chambers

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
In: Zlatan, Xhaka, Kante, Hummels
Out: Ramsey (sold), Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini
Loan: AOC

------------------------Cech--------------------------
----------------------(Ospina)-----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
--Bellerin----Hummels----Kos------Monreal--
-(Debuchy)----(Mert)-------(Gab)-----(Gibbs)--
----------------Kante----Xhaka------------------
----------------(Coq)-----(Elneny)-----------------
-------Sanchez-------Özil---------Wilshere------
-------(Theo)------(Cazorla)------(Iwobi)------
---------------------Zlatan-----------------------
--------------------(Giroud)----------------------

Squad:
Welbeck
Campbell
Chambers
Not to be a c*nt but I think Hummels managed to find a way thru the ballz of Arsène and ended up at Bayern. Like a Özil thru ball and nobody but me noticing.

NJRider

Find it funny we're being heavily linked with Rob Holding but no link to Reece Oxford that I can see despite his contract dispute

Maxim

Lots of rumours about Kante but I miss the days when we plucked players from relative obscurity and they turned out awesome. I want a random alternative...

I've only seen videos of him but many knowledgeable football people seem to be creaming about Naby Keita from RB Salzburg.

21 years old, looks as athletic as Kante (and somewhat comparable defensively) but with a lot more weapons going forward - and seems to be accomplished at practically every role in midfield. Recently voted the best player in Austria.

Worth a punt?

http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/statsb...senal-buy-in-midfield-more-transfer-shopping/

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
-------------------Cech
Bellerin-- Chambers--Kos--Monreal
-------------Kante--Xahka
-------------------Özil
-------Gotze----------------Sanchez
-------------------Reus

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
We'd be so deadly on the break that just the thought of it makes me want to bust a nut. :drool:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lots of rumours about Kante but I miss the days when we plucked players from relative obscurity and they turned out awesome. I want a random alternative...

I've only seen videos of him but many knowledgeable football people seem to be creaming about Naby Keita from RB Salzburg.

21 years old, looks as athletic as Kante (and somewhat comparable defensively) but with a lot more weapons going forward - and seems to be accomplished at practically every role in midfield. Recently voted the best player in Austria.

Worth a punt?

http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/statsb...senal-buy-in-midfield-more-transfer-shopping/
Yes, I saw the statsbomb article last month about this guy. He'll be the under-the-radar pickup this summer I think and will end up really impressing somewhere. Don't think it will be to us though. I could see him going to the Bundesliga and impressing or going to a midtable PL club and tearing it up. Interesting that you mentioned Kante - if LCFC have to sell the latter, they could easily replace him with Keita.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Worth a punt?

He looks awesome. I'm laughing at how good he looks, lad is simply taking the piss over in Austria. The difference a weak league makes.

Last edited:

Maxim

Yes, I saw the statsbomb article last month about this guy. He'll be the under-the-radar pickup this summer I think and will end up really impressing somewhere. Don't think it will be to us though. I could see him going to the Bundesliga and impressing or going to a midtable PL club and tearing it up. Interesting that you mentioned Kante - if LCFC have to sell the latter, they could easily replace him with Keita.

Indeed, this scouting gig is easy!

Seems to be consistent with his offensive output over clubs too, he did well at former club Istres too (whom one Olivier Giroud also turned out for!)

data here

Gooner_Jimmy

Top Class powerful CB to partner Koscienly (no idea who though....suggestions??)

Quality CM Xhaka / Kante / etc

Deadly RW/RM - Mahrez / Mkhitaryan / etc

Preferably a World Class striker! But I really can't see who is realistically available? Aubemeyang? Higuain?

NJRider

Top Class powerful CB to partner Koscienly (no idea who though....suggestions??)

Quality CM Xhaka / Kante / etc

Deadly RW/RM - Mahrez / Mkhitaryan / etc

Preferably a World Class striker! But I really can't see who is realistically available? Aubemeyang? Higuain?

I'd head to Bayern for the CB.
Neither Benatia or Martinez were guaranteed starters last year and they've just bought Hummels as well now

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom