• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I believe Wenger is probably the best man for the task in regards to extract as much out of Kroenke as possible. People think the stall on the contract was to wait for the right moment when fans are a little bit pacified, but I think it's more to do with wenger holding out for iron clad assurancex that the right kind of money is going to be there for transfer and wages to up the ante for finding the right quality to compliment the squad.
Doubt that very much. We spent 100m last summer and have made big transfers in other windows.

Giroud

Established Member
This summer was the perfect time for Wenger to leave on a high with an FA Cup and upgrade with a top young coach in Tuchel becoming available but there you go.

Enfield

Established Member
TBH I think our midfield is good. Our defence will be a lot better with 3 CB's which also helps us to get more from Bellerin and the Ox. It also helps Mertesacker.

Our problem as always is scaring teams when we go at them.

I'd spunk the entire transfer budget on the absolute best attacking talent we can attract. Maybe Mbappe etc provided Sanchez and Özil stay

Also it would be nice to have a bit of bite as well. Get in the refs face ever so often or the odd OTT tackle early doors away to Stoke

GDeep™

League is very weak
"Board members have not faith in Kroenke".

"Kroenke has turned down a bigger than reported offer from Usmanov".

Welcome to Arsenal where no one seems to have faith in each other and there is no hunger to to anything about it.

Red&Dreadjm

This is history now - we have to deal with it and hopefully Arsène & the club sense this is an opportunity that they cannot ****up.

The FA Cup win has given them a little breathing space - if I was in charge of the club, I'd be out there ensuring that the first signing of the summer was either Alexis Sanchez or some big ****ing name of a player. Do it right, do it early and show the fas, the players, the media that you mean business and stop nickle & diming it.

KROENKE SUCKS

Also Ornstein is full of ****. All those guys on the board are Kroenke's guys. He is the majority shareholder and has enough shares to block anyone access to the board, just like he has done to Usmanov. The board is only independent in so far as the shareholding is split. In Kroenke's case he owns the majority of shares and they all owe their position to him. So the idea that some of them might prefer Usmanov is ridiculous.

Its just theatre to placate the fans a little. The only thing we can really hope for is that Wenger is fighting behind the scenes to get the funding needed to improve the squad. Those rumours that we have a new deal lined up with Adidas better be true, because Kroenke certainly isn't going to be pumping his money into this club. Its too risky, Kroenke wants a safe secure investment.

Honestly Gazidis is partly to be blamed for the situation we find ourselves in. We waited forever for those new sponsorship deals to be kick in only to be left behind again soon after.

KROENKE SUCKS

That was an April Fool's day story.

Oh boy. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Why is it every other club in this league is able to negotiate better deals than us? How many times have Chelsea broken their pre-existing sponsorships for better deals? Theres atleast 2 occasions I can think off. Meanwhile we sit around waiting for our rubbish contracts to expire like idiots. Whats Gazidis doing because if he can't get us better deals then he needs to **** off.

This should be his number one priority and the only thing he should be judged on.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Glad to know that the board are split on Usmanov.

A statement/interview from Wenger complaining about spending power would be a huge catalyst for this club.

I would love the fans to unite under one huge Kroenke out movement. Imagineif all the past few years of Wenger out v AKB had instead been Kroenke out?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We'll certainly get a lot of answers this summer regarding how much the board is willing to back Wenger etc. If all this talk about challenging for the title etc. amounts to you signing that Belgian kid and Kolasinac.. yeah, they'll have a revolt on their hands.

I think Wenger realizes how the fanbase feels at the moment and probably pushed the board during the meeting for additional funding and the need to show intent.

Everyone would forgive you falling short for the title if the intent was clearly shown during the summer with good spending etc. No-one has ever expected you to win the title, they just want to see the ambition to get there.

CHOPS

You know I'm pretty sure I was saying this,this time last year but here goes,Wenger's known he was going to sign a new contract I really don't know what all the game was about?
His huge smugness during all those interviews was unnecessary,if he's known that all along and he thinks he's the right man to take us forward then surely he must know who he needs to buy to get us back on track and what they'll cost with or witrout Sanchez and Özil?
It's all getting a bit too much and the seasons just ended he's got to start dealing soon or miss out once again and he's got to go in big or else we've been hoodwinked once more with the usual crap.
I don't believe for one minute that were suddenly going to spend £60-70 million on any player that just isn't us I hope I'm wrong I really do because he needs to shift all that deadwood and replace it with some serious quality to give us any chance.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Oh boy. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Why is it every other club in this league is able to negotiate better deals than us? How many times have Chelsea broken their pre-existing sponsorships for better deals? Theres atleast 2 occasions I can think off. Meanwhile we sit around waiting for our rubbish contracts to expire like idiots. Whats Gazidis doing because if he can't get us better deals then he needs to **** off.

This should be his number one priority and the only thing he should be judged on.

Win the title a few times, and we will be able to negotiate new and better deals. Why would sponsors want to latch onto a club with the reputation of being losers?

KROENKE SUCKS

Win the title a few times, and we will be able to negotiate new and better deals. Why would sponsors want to latch onto a club with the reputation of being losers?
Chelsea signed a new deal with Nike in Oct 2016 worth 60M a year, on the back of a season in which they had missed out on Europe completely, and soon after we trashed them and it looked like it was going to be another bad season for them.

Whats worse is that their previous deal was 30M per year but for 10 years whereas ours was for 5. Since the majority of the money is paid up front they basically were paid twice as much as we were. IIRC, soon after we signed our 5 year deal several clubs like Chelsea, Real, etc signed similar figure deals but for much longer. The end result being we were closer to the likes of Liverpool financially than the Reals, etc. Those new set of sponsorships after ours really screwed us over.

So it looks like we screwed up by negotiating for 5 years when we should have negotiated for 10 with the right kind of "get out" clause in case sponsorship money ballooned enough to make it worthwhile, which thanks to United it has again. Gazidis can't allow himself to get outmanoeuvred like this on the financial front.

We are a club that have been top 4 for the better part of 20 years. Even as we were hamstrung for the majority of that time by outdated sponsorship deals. Its pretty obvious that without those constraints and on a level playing field we would have as good a chance as anyone. Gazidis needs to do a better job of selling this club to potential sponsors.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Chelsea signed a new deal with Nike in Oct 2016 worth 60M a year, on the back of a season in which they had missed out on Europe completely, and soon after we trashed them and it looked like it was going to be another bad season for them.

Whats worse is that their previous deal was 30M per year but for 10 years whereas ours was for 5. Since the majority of the money is paid up front they basically were paid twice as much as we were. IIRC, soon after we signed our 5 year deal several clubs like Chelsea, Real, etc signed similar figure deals but for much longer. The end result being we were closer to the likes of Liverpool financially than the Reals, etc. Those new set of sponsorships after ours really screwed us over.

So it looks like we screwed up by negotiating for 5 years when we should have negotiated for 10 with the right kind of "get out" clause in case sponsorship money ballooned enough to make it worthwhile, which thanks to United it has again. Gazidis can't allow himself to get outmanoeuvred like this on the financial front.

We are a club that have been top 4 for the better part of 20 years. Even as we were hamstrung for the majority of that time by outdated sponsorship deals. Its pretty obvious that without those constraints and on a level playing field we would have as good a chance as anyone. Gazidis needs to do a better job of selling this club to potential sponsors.

Sponsors do not think short term. So what if Chelsea had a bad season or even 2 bad seasons? They know that Roman Abramovich does not accept failure and will not hesitate to do whatever it takes to make sure Chelsea is #1. Something which cannot be said about our current owner. Our sponsorship deals are in line with a club that you have described, "been top 4 for the better part of 20 years". Rather than champions that brands want to be associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom