• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

KROENKE SUCKS

Fabregas says that one cost us the league, Fabregas himself also suffered a broken fibula in 2010, after it being bruised by a kick by B'hams craig Gardner for then for it to be broken in the same place against Barcelona, Fabregas started pushing the exit button not long after. With that interview in mind you have to appreciate why He wanted out and prefered to go to chelsea on His return to the PL, knowing that Chelsea are much more protected than us.

It's difficult to remain motivated for The amount of games We have played across a season in four different competitions alone on an under invested bare bones team, that got kicked and battered across the seasons, even more difficult when the refs are bending you over time and again.

The best don't want to play for Arsenal anymore, We we are a toxic club, the media ******* hate us even though We are one of the few sides trying to play proper football and in a dignified manner. Alexis and Özil get to hold us to ransom for this reason.

You definitely have a point about how the refs treat us and the knock on effects it has. But are Alexis and Özil really holding us for ransom? Doesn't Hazard earn 300k per week? I mean shouldn't Alexis and Özil be on similar wages?

shoom

Chelsea signed a new deal with Nike in Oct 2016 worth 60M a year, on the back of a season in which they had missed out on Europe completely, and soon after we trashed them and it looked like it was going to be another bad season for them.

Whats worse is that their previous deal was 30M per year but for 10 years whereas ours was for 5. Since the majority of the money is paid up front they basically were paid twice as much as we were. IIRC, soon after we signed our 5 year deal several clubs like Chelsea, Real, etc signed similar figure deals but for much longer. The end result being we were closer to the likes of Liverpool financially than the Reals, etc. Those new set of sponsorships after ours really screwed us over.

So it looks like we screwed up by negotiating for 5 years when we should have negotiated for 10 with the right kind of "get out" clause in case sponsorship money ballooned enough to make it worthwhile, which thanks to United it has again. Gazidis can't allow himself to get outmanoeuvred like this on the financial front.

We are a club that have been top 4 for the better part of 20 years. Even as we were hamstrung for the majority of that time by outdated sponsorship deals. Its pretty obvious that without those constraints and on a level playing field we would have as good a chance as anyone. Gazidis needs to do a better job of selling this club to potential sponsors.

No idea what you're on about.

That Chelsea deal you hold in such high esteem was a laughably bad bit of business compared to our Puma deal. They committed for 10 yrs to get the same amount per annum we we got with half the commitment.

They then had to pay a £67m fee to cancel the deal just a few years later.

Enfield

Established Member
If he lands Mbappe, Özil and Sanchez he can literally do whatever the f he wants until the next renewal

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our wage bill is no where near 230M :lol::lol::lol:

As Trump would say - FAKE NEWS!

A high school student could jump on to Arsenal.com, download our financial report and tell you what our wage bill was for 15/16

£195m

KROENKE SUCKS

No idea what you're on about.

That Chelsea deal you hold in such high esteem was a laughably bad bit of business compared to our Puma deal. They committed for 10 yrs to get the same amount per annum we we got with half the commitment.

They then had to pay a £67m fee to cancel the deal just a few years later.
Thats not how it works. You get paid most of the money upfront. So they basically got paid twice as much. Sure they have to honour the agreement, but the get out clause allows them to dump the deal if the sponsorship money balloons any time during the duration of the deal. One years worth of the new deal will cover the cost of reneging on the old one. We've been left behind again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's only natural. I've been burnt before.
latest

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Our wage bill is no where near 230M :lol::lol::lol:

As Trump would say - FAKE NEWS!

A high school student could jump on to Arsenal.com, download our financial report and tell you what our wage bill was for 15/16

That's supposedly the wage bill for 16/17 not 15/16, and since those numbers are not officially published by the Clubs yet, I would assume they were calculated. Why not take up your queries with the author of the tweet?

KROENKE SUCKS

It still could be misleading. I remember a couple of years back when we were on our old sponsorship deals we were intentionally adding image rights to our wage bill, whereas most other clubs were keeping separate, hence artificially inflating our wage so that it would seem to uneducated eyes that the problems lay elsewhere.

These lists are useless unless we know exactly how they came about their result.

KROENKE SUCKS

One thing that is interesting about that list is how 8 of the 9 teams after Inter are all EPL. Shows you how tough this league is and explains why EPL clubs do so horribly in Europe. With the same finances in another league and we would be FAR more successful domestically in Europe. Puts paid to the whole if we had Monchi/Simeone/etc instead of Wenger we would be so much better bullshit.

Ärsenik

One thing that is interesting about that list is how 8 of the 9 teams after Inter are all EPL. Shows you how tough this league is and explains why EPL clubs do so horribly in Europe. With the same finances in another league and we would be FAR more successful domestically in Europe. Puts paid to the whole if we had Monchi/Simeone/etc instead of Wenger we would be so much better bullshit.

The Premier League is though because most of the teams have a very low technique and tactic level.

Had we been able to play like Monaco this year, we would have won the championship quite easily – European competition or not.

This has to do with football culture but also with personnel. TV rights money hasn’t improve the quality of football in England. It just allowed Continentals to sell their players for crazy amounts. Most of them are good but not great either. The real top players they go to the big boys in Europe.

After hundreds of millions spent over the past 5 years, I find quite amusing that there isn’t one English team able to play a major role in the Champion’s League on a regular basis.

I’m pretty sure that if this money was available to the Italian teams, the Calcio will dominate the European Competitions as it did in the 90’s (with less doping).

Last edited:

KROENKE SUCKS

The Premier League is though because most of the teams have a very low technique and tactic level.

Had we been able to play like Monaco this year, we would have won the championship quite easily – European competition or not.

This has to do with football culture but also with personnel. TV rights money hasn’t improve the quality of football in England. It just allowed Continentals to sell their players for crazy amounts. Most of them are good but not great either. The real top players they go to the big boys in Europe.

After hundreds of millions spent over the past 5 years, I find quite amusing that there isn’t one English team able to play a major role in the Champion’s League on a regular basis.

I’m pretty sure that if this money was available to the Italian teams, the Calcio will dominate the European Competitions as it did in the 90’s (with less doping).

Over the course of the 70s and 80s, English teams were the most dominant in the old European Champion's Cup, even more than Italy, despite the fact that back then Serie A had all the money and all the biggest names went mostly to Italy, with the rest being spread around Spain, England and the rest of Europe. I mean Zico went to Udinese, thats like Neymar playing for Wigan, only far more impressive since in Brazil Zico is historically considered only behind Pele in all time stakes. So I do think that the financial power of English clubs does play a role in making the league more competitive. At the very least it increases squad wage levels for mid and lower tier players and local players as well as local youth prospects, even if it doesn't mean they are getting the absolute best talent from across the world.

VancouverCanuck

We tried to sign Xhaka but he wanted to stay another season in Germany. Had he come we would have probably won the league. We also tried to sign Vidal but Juve raised the price on us iirc. We also ****ed up the Schneiderlin transfer. Thats completely on Ivan and Law Imo.

It isn't just the players we don't get. Its how long we take negotiating the transfers of the players we do get and how many of those transfers seemingly get hijacked by other clubs. These things have nothing to do with Arséne and fall completely in Law's and Ivan's remit.

Wenger decides on the players and gives a ball park figure of their worth to Law/Gazidis. The rest is up to them. People who think that Wenger micro-manages transfer negotiations and refuses to allow Law/Gazidis to offer a cent more than the value he has placed on the player or is micro-managing every little detail of players contract need to get their head checked. Over the last 15 years the old and new owners of this club have done a fantastic job of making Wenger look like he has far more power than he actually does. This way when the backlash comes it will be focussed on him and not them. This will split the fanbase because some fans will still be loyal to Wenger. I mean how many Arsenal fans would hold a demonstration to keep Kroenke at the club.
Nothing to do with Wenger?!? Are you kidding me?

Of course Wenger does not get into contract negotiations and what not. Are you seriously Wenger did not get a say if our only signing was Cech? Or that after 4, 5 years, we still have not managed to adequately replace RVP.

Of all the managers in the PL, Wenger probably has the most power. If he came out and even subtly suggested Kroenke is withholding funds to compete, I can guarantee there will be mass protests.

Or if Law is really so incompetent, just a private word with Gazidis or Kroenke would be enough to get him fired. In fact, if Law is really holding us back, it is Wenger's responsibility to raise this to his boss, if he is interested in winning the title at all.

KROENKE SUCKS

Nothing to do with Wenger?!? Are you kidding me?

Of course Wenger does not get into contract negotiations and what not. Are you seriously Wenger did not get a say if our only signing was Cech? Or that after 4, 5 years, we still have not managed to adequately replace RVP.

Of all the managers in the PL, Wenger probably has the most power. If he came out and even subtly suggested Kroenke is withholding funds to compete, I can guarantee there will be mass protests.

Or if Law is really so incompetent, just a private word with Gazidis or Kroenke would be enough to get him fired. In fact, if Law is really holding us back, it is Wenger's responsibility to raise this to his boss, if he is interested in winning the title at all.

As I pointed out we were interested in several players. All of them except for the Cech deal fell through. Beyond that we were probably hoping for the bi-annual Real Madrid clearance sale which never materialised.

I wasn't blaming Gazidis and Law for all of those, only the Schneiderlin one since it seemed he wanted to join us but we screwed it up. The rest of it I blame mostly on Kroenke since I believe his cheapness and lack of ambition carries over to Gazidis and Law. And I also believe that Kroenke's unwillingness to invest in the squad in any shape or form is affecting our ability to operate in the transfer market.

Pheonix

Interesting fact:

I thought Wenger was an 'economist' who made us money? Think the PL pay deals have been his saving grace because he certainly aint getting value (apart from Holding + Sanchez) in his buying these last couple of years OR even making great profits on player sales!

The above figure seems to point out he is talking bollox about us not being able to compete and the thrashings by Bayern and our other 'rivals' in recent years with that wage bill astonishes me how people think this twit is irreplaceable! Ah well, lets see him earn his doe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom