• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Paqueta

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

If King Thierry is sold then I’m fully onboard.

Final piece to our #JogaBonito2022
Well I am not TH14 but I don't need to be a genius to spot that he can attack and defend fiercely. You could see it in Alexis Sanchez, how his character make him give everything. Paqueta is like that, and he is so well rounded that he has played for Brazil in the WC eliminatory as LW, CAM, RW, Striker, LCM and even CM. And he always did it well and you didn't see him bothered about not playing in his preferred role (I am watching AMN). He is 110% professional player.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If everyone at the club really rates and recommends Tielemans as reported by Ornstein, I'm pretty much agnostic on if we go for him or Paqueta. Maybe prefer Tielemans as Paqueta is similar to type to Vieira.

Alot kinda depends on how ready the club feels Vieira is.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You're a right miserable sod you aren't you? You're like Karl Pilkinton or Victor Meldrew or something.
Don't know why he even bothers getting out of bed in the morning. Supporting Arsenal must be such a joyless experience. We've got an FA cup, reached a european final and a semi final within the last five years. Sure, it's a long way from perfect right now, but fans of most teams in the country would kill to be signing a talent like Fabio Vieira or a player of Zinchenko's quality. Honestly :facepalm:

blrgooner

Established Member
The thing is, all the players you mentioned also happened to be good-to-great dribblers and could all carry the ball with varying styles and levels of effectiveness. We still don't have that option. It's still quite one-dimensional. We'll pass the ball way better but we won't have any significant alternatives to create openings. Can we mitigate that next season?
I think Zinchenko is a nimble and fairly quick player over short distances. That is the reason I want to see Zinchenko play in the midfield. For me, he has always looked like a midfielder who has been shoe horned into LB because of the way City play.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think us signing Paquetá says less about what we feel about Vieira but more about what role Zinchenko will play.

Ødegaard, Paquetá, Vieira, Xhaka as CM rotation this year, we replace Xhaka with Patino in the future. That's an excellent CM rotation in my book.

But you'd imagine it puts Vieira way down the pecking order as he'd be in competition with Paqueta and Xhaka for the LCM role assuming Ødegaard is a guaranteed starter, which is increasingly likely because he'll be made captain. We'll have spent a lot of money for someone who's purely a rotation option. And let's not forget Arteta doesn't deviate too much from his preferred eleven unless forced, EL makes things different but that's only 6 games pre Xmas.

ash_rasul

But you'd imagine it puts Vieira way down the pecking order as he'd be in competition with Paqueta and Xhaka for the LCM role assuming Ødegaard is a guaranteed starter, which is increasingly likely because he'll be made captain. We'll have spent a lot of money for someone who's purely a rotation option. And let's not forget Arteta doesn't deviate too much from his preferred eleven unless forced, EL makes things different but that's only 6 games pre Xmas.
Fair point, but with five subs this season, I think at a minimum, the potential to bring on players Vieira to help break down stubborn defences will prove invaluable.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Paquetá or Vieira could be used as backup wingers at times. Ødegaard will have to be rotated at times also. As for spending a lot of money on rotation options, it's what you need to do in order to be able to compete in all competitions. We've actually lucked out on that end to some degree by being able to promote several academy players into the rotation. I think the introduction of 5 subs also changes playing time distribution quite a bit. Arteta will have a few options on the bench to shake up the game if need be.

All that being said, I still think us signing Paquetá is a bit unlikely at this point. We probably do go with a rotation of Ødegaard, Vieira, Xhaka and Zinchenko at CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom