• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 3 Brighton And Hove Albion | Sunday 14th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Brighton conceded 5 at home to Dyche's Everton. They're still a dangerous team. But I think we should be fairly comfortable. They're not a physical side like Newcastle. They play football the 'right way' which should suit us.

Our record has not been greet against them since they gained promotion back in 2017. They've always made life difficult for us. Even the game we won was always a struggle. Think this season was the first time we beat them emphatically. No reason not to beat them at home especially as they'll be low on confidence. We beat them, we put them at risk of losing European football and they play out of their skin to get a result against City.

Think the lineup picks itself tbh except maybe Jorginho eps his place.

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli does look season over for him he ankle turned awkwardly. I hope its not worse than expected

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wasn't able to watch the game. Very disappointing result. Really was hoping that somehow we could win the league. But we simply ran out of steam and enough healthy players. It it was it is.

To win the league we need to get to 90+ points. That is just the level that is needed unless something weird happens in a season. Hope we have a good transfer window in the summer and players come back healthy and hungry.

Overall a very enjoyable season. It has been a ride lads! :thumbsup:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

After this game if we still rate Rice higher than Caicedo we deserve every failure we get. Even as rb the man shines. Spectacular player and much better than Rice

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It seemed like the performance of a team that knew the title was gone and there wasn't much to fight for which is shocking lack of professionalism. Brighton came in incredibly hungry we were treating it like a dead rubber.

It's like how we started vs Southampton because of the way we bottled Liverpool and West Ham prior the players came into that game in a negative mindset it was a similar story here probably after hearing the City result. A incredible lack of professionalism in the mindset of the team in those two home games have cost us taking this title race to the final day. I think that's the most disappointing part, even discounting the Liverpool and City results, even the West Ham one, if you look at Southampton at home and now Brighton at home and how we approached both games it's incredibly disappointing for a team fighting for the title.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Sky asking Micah Richards what he learnt when City 1st won the title.

Honest answer should have been it was a good watch from the bench🤣.

We need a lot more quality in depth to compete with Peps City.

We have added more since last season but we are still miles away.
It just shows how crazy level now.

Scary thing is that We could go and spend 400m in the summer & still be some way off their level squad wise🙄.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Take a breather and some air brother

CL returns next season and let Arteta cook in the transfer window

Loads to be excited about
I honestly didn't care even if we'd lose but team pissed me off last 15 minutes.

Yeah now edu hagn transfers mode

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It’s exactly the thing that pundits would go on about that made the PL special. Not anymore.

It's the flagship product on sky, so I am expecting too much for them to be a bit more honest about it. It's the elephant in the room though surely.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes he is bro, he wasnt on it today but against one of the best in the league it happens.

It was only a few weeks back when me and @Clrnc were defending Mitoma after the Carabao Cup final when a lot were saying “he’s a purple patch player” just based off one game.

Bro it’s funny how things change so quickly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we sign Rice over Caicedo questions have to be asked…

Think in our system he plays a decent role, along with Rice of course.

But yeah, today shows that you can get someone similar (Lavia) for less, especially if TP5 and Jorginho are around for next season.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It seemed like the performance of a team that knew the title was gone and there wasn't much to fight for which is shocking lack of professionalism. Brighton came in incredibly hungry we were treating it like a dead rubber.

It's like how we started vs Southampton because of the way we bottled Liverpool and West Ham prior the players came into that game in a negative mindset it was a similar story here probably after hearing the City result. A incredible lack of professionalism in the mindset of the team in those two home games have cost us taking this title race to the final day. I think that's the most disappointing part, even discounting the Liverpool and City results, even the West Ham one, if you look at Southampton at home and now Brighton at home and how we approached both games it's incredibly disappointing for a team fighting for the title.
Yes spot on this is multi times they showed bad mentality against Newcastle they were so focused played so well for 75 minutes today different story.

If mikel serious he need to raise his voice at them in dressing room this shouldn't happen at Arsenal

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I take it back @SA Gunner , Ødegaard just said the title is done.

Oh well, whilst disappointing we can only be proud of the team this season.

I saw it mate, unfortunately we all know now.

Let us end the season strongly and get ready for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom