• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Who is the replacement for the role Xhaka performed last season? Havertz is playing as a striker and Rice a #6.
Or has Mikel changed tactics and nobody replaces Xhaka?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I actually think we came out 2nd half looking up for it but Timber's injury was the turning point that killed off all momentum.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Felt like at 2-0 in complete control, would’ve been a good time to send a message to City and the other rivals that we mean business again this season. Might be a bit entitled tho, idk.
Forest will be fighting relegation so don’t disagree there with that.

Reactions: A_G

GLITCH

Unfortunately, Arteta will probably force Havertz into the lineup because he asked for this expensive signing.

Hopefully he can make it work, but early signs say this was a mistake.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Rice was good off the ball and very basic or outright poor on it. Very early days a lot of growing to do and playing with better team mates should help but definitely closer to what I said he'd look like than the Vieira Iniesta mix @Dokaka was selling and gullible AM was buying by the pound

Not gonna take the bait, busy watching us play volleyball against mighty Bournemouth

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Last season we started with what was clearly our best 11 in their best formation with optimal tactics.

This season it looks like we’ll be galaxy braining it to keep the opposition guessing. I don’t mind it - was clear from last season that once they manage to shut down our A game we didn’t have much else to give other than Arteta chucking on 8 attackers.

It does mean though that he’ll also keep us fans guessing. And since AM is chock full of armchair pundits that know best, I suspect we’ll see a bit of a backlash here. Even (especially) from the ones that previously used to moan about rotation…

If we can keep chopping and changing and churning wins out I’ll be happy as it means we’ll have a fresh(ish) rotated squad at the end of the season and the players will have multiple styles of play ingrained in their psyche. This is exactly what Pep does and it’s why City finish seasons as strongly as they do.

I’m backing us to finish this season on fire 🔥 🔥. We won’t start as well as last season tho. So yeah, queue the backlash.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

His physical advantage as CF is probably the most interesting thing about him.
If that’s the most interesting thing surely we could’ve just found some random tall guy from Italy somewhere😭🤣
Anyway I don’t wanna sound negative about the signing cos I’m acc not lol. He won’t be terrible but won’t get me off my seat.
It’s giving dry

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I mean your point was proven very strongly. Think you gotta leave the control for 3-0 up.
It depends what a team wants or perceives from control. A Mourinho team might see themselves as being in control with a low block. Regardless of how 'control' is perceived all teams need to transition from their perception of control to risk taking.

There is room for our version of control at 0 - 0, 1 - 0 and so on but we need to be ready and able to take more risks. We don't know when to lift the tempo and ease it. Maybe it's first game syndrome maybe it's a pattern of a team that thinks if we've got 80% possession we'll get a chance. But it feels like it'll be a problem that will catch up with us at some point.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Tbf I get why Gabriel got benched. As good as he is, decision making is still rash & gave away that pointless free kick at the end

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Unfortunately, Arteta will probably force Havertz into the lineup because he asked for this expensive signing.

Hopefully he can make it work, but early signs say this was a mistake.
He didn't put a foot wrong today. People just want him to fail so they can say they were right. He and the team will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom