• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also mikel need to do basic stuff not against different systems but let's not treat teams like Nottingham like we play manutd or Liverpool

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He didn't put a foot wrong today. People just want him to fail so they can say they were right. He and the team will be fine.

Thing is for £65m we’re expecting a lot more than just not doing nothing wrong. The same energy will be applied to Mason Mount by our fans, so it’s only fair game to do it for him too.

Havertz was a ghost for large parts of the game. He needs to do a lot more for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Still feel our defence looks uneasy with Gabriel back there, he's the only one who organises in the backline...hope he's back fully fit for Palace.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thing is for £65m we’re expecting a lot more than just not doing nothing wrong. The same energy will be applied to Mason Mount by our fans, so it’s only fair game to do it for him too.

Havertz was a ghost for large parts of the game. He needs to do a lot more for me.
He had an opportunity to shoot inside the box and he passed it off. Don't like that mentality.

GLITCH

He didn't put a foot wrong today. People just want him to fail so they can say they were right. He and the team will be fine.
I don't want him to fail at all. It's in the team's best interest if he does well. I'm just not seeing much at the moment.

baccy_man

Established Member
We played that game like we were in second gear for most of the match and when we got the goals we seemed to slow down even more, I'm not too pleased with the way that Partey, plays he is so slow bring the ball forward and then gives the ball away far too much I would not mind seeing him get replaced while the window is still open,
We need to play with a higher tempo we have done it before during last season and we cut teams open as soon as we were playing the ball faster,
As we have got new players in the team I suppose it is going to take a bit of time for them to settle in,
Hopefully Timber has not picked up a serious injury it did not look good the way he pulled up.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The way I look at it, we can only concede about 38 goals this season if we want to win the league. White’s defending on that counter attack was really poor, nowhere near aggressive enough to put a block on the shot

lomekian

Essays are my thing
First half we should have scored 3 or 4. Second half we started well, and then went totally passive after Timber's injury, and failed to react to Cooper's subtle tactical shift at that point. That passivity allowed them to build before they threw on attacking players, and Forest's striker is, along with Toney, the most physically impactful in duels in the division - you literally can't move him.

Great counter goal for Forest too. Weak from us but excellent execution from them. Forest will be better this season. Good coach, better squad than usual at that level.

Hopefully this wakes us up. We can't stroll against motivated opposition while we are still working out our new system(s)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He had an opportunity to shoot inside the box and he passed it off. Don't like that mentality.

Signs of a player very low on confidence. That’s why I was against the signing tbh.

For that sort of fee, you’d expect someone to come in and hit the ground running rather than trying to save him from the streets.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I get why Gabriel got benched. As good as he is, decision making is still rash & gave away that pointless free kick at the end

He wasn't benched for performance reasons lol, this is a guy who started like 70 PL games in a row

SteveEvets

We've got lots of of quality but it'll take a few weeks to work out the best way to use it all. Only real disappointment was the way we basically did nothing for over 30 minutes in the second half, at least in the first half we were constantly probing and they were always on the back foot.

Hopefully Timber's injury isn't too serious, I was shocked he wasn't taken off at HT.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility that Gabriel wasn't 100% fit given the earlier reports?

Obviously if Gabriel plays then Arteta is a cvnt for risking him, A-M playing both sides of every argument as per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom