• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Arsenal | Monday 21st August | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_blog.jpg

Predicted Lineup

Prediction

Crystal 0-2 Arsenal

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm struggling to see what Arteta sees with Eddie. Individually, Eddie actually did alright vs Palace but he nerfs the attack imo, that might seem harsh but it's the truth. Martinelli seems to go down a level when playing with Nketiah.
If Havertz missed 2 sitters like Nketiah did today this forum would be making voodoo dolls. He offers nothing to our general play and now can't even do what he's meant to do well. Remember how Xhaka's goals dried up and he looked awful until Trossard came in? It's that whole left side and Ødegaard that get taken out of the game when he plays.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
All of ye here having a go at the referee ..

take your blinkers off.. I referee games and Tomi straight up got two yellows.. and had I been the rf he'd have gotten them too

From Sunday League all the way to Premier League, referees would have been pee'd off with Arsenal messing about wasting time at that throw.. and if Palace were a goal up, wasting time the same way.. we'd have been screaming for cards too..

Tomi was an idiot.. the patience of the ref had run out, and he was left holding the parcel.. no excuses.. so stop blaming Havertz for the yellow.. it was on Tomi

The second.. was a bit harsh.. but still a yellow.. he fouled a player during a promising attack.. and thats a yellow

So was Ayews'.. and that wasn't given when it should have been..

But referees do not "play off one mistake against another"...

Tomi was an idiot.. but there are more players that need to get a serious kick in the ass for that whole affair

Also.. Partey and Ode.. stop waving for imaginary yellow cards.. even if they are supposed to be yellows..

At best, the diving player will get a yellow.. and so will you for waving the imaginary card.. and then end up in the same idiotic position Tomiyasu did

Stop messing about.. learn the new directives..
1) Refereeing decisions being informed by levels of irritation is a clear opportunity for biases to determine decision making. Also the whole throw in time for all players involved was only 4 seconds longer than the average throw in time up to that point with 5 throw ins (split between the teams) taking longer. Accordingly the referee made a decision based on his irritation rather than in keeping with the way he refereed the game before and afterwards.
2) Where is he foul for the second card? He doesn't impede the player, who falls under his own steam. Even Roy Hodgson thought it wasn't a yellow.
3) You've admitted Ayew should have had a second yellow and yet expect others to accept a second yellow for their own player for considerably less contact - is the message to embrace the inconsistency.

Agree re the imaginary yellow cards, and one of them should have got booked. As should Eze.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
1) Refereeing decisions being informed by levels of irritation is a clear opportunity for biases to determine decision making. Also the whole throw in time for all players involved was only 4 seconds longer than the average throw in time up to that point with 5 throw ins (split between the teams) taking longer. Accordingly the referee made a decision based on his irritation rather than in keeping with the way he refereed the game before and afterwards.
2) Where is he foul for the second card? He doesn't impede the player, who falls under his own steam. Even Roy Hodgson thought it wasn't a yellow.
3) You've admitted Ayew should have had a second yellow and yet expect others to accept a second yellow for their own player for considerably less contact - is the message to embrace the inconsistency.

Agree re the imaginary yellow cards, and one of them should have got booked. As should Eze.
He's probably also a terrible, weak, emotional referee who everyone at the u 7's hates so he feels a kinship with Coote.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We're going to get a lot of that, crowd pressure on refs, we always have. But Tomi picked up he ball and dd that bit about pretending he's going to take it and then holding off. That got him carded.
What's he supposed to do, just throw it to the opposition? He got carded because Coote was annoyed and he wanted to card someone. But if you track the play back, he massively overreacted to nothing at the Arsenal goal-kick, and carried that into the throw in situation. The worst thing is that Tomi has literally never deliberately wasted time for a throw in, but Ben White does it all the time!

Tom Mix

What's he supposed to do, just throw it to the opposition? He got carded because Coote was annoyed and he wanted to card someone. But if you track the play back, he massively overreacted to nothing at the Arsenal goal-kick, and carried that into the throw in situation. The worst thing is that Tomi has literally never deliberately wasted time for a throw in, but Ben White does it all the time!
Take it quickly to one of our players, there were plenty options. But most of all DO NOT do that feinting manoeuvre. That's always associated with time-wasting.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's so easy now to get a yellow for something minor but they're holding back on giving yellows for bad tackles. It's so dumb. Introduce a sin bin or something instead of killing games.
Or just book the feckers putting in dangerous tackles.

McTominay endangers opponents game after game and yet the PGMOL is wanking itself off about throw ins. The priorities are so misaligned with what is actually needed.

My honest question re Tomi is does anyone think he gets those two cards if he's an England international? Or maybe even just British? There is a clear trend in EPL reffing in that respect. I'd love someone unbiased to do some research for cards vs offences for white British players vs non-white players.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'm baffled that people think Tomi deserved it. He ran from the left back position to take the throw, and threw it in 8 seconds.

Our leagues officiating consistency is a complete mess. Our players handled it well. It doesn't need to be a jumping off platform to dump on all our players.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Or just book the feckers putting in dangerous tackles.

McTominay endangers opponents game after game and yet the PGMOL is wanking itself off about throw ins. The priorities are so misaligned with what is actually needed.

My honest question re Tomi is does anyone think he gets those two cards if he's an England international? Or maybe even just British? There is a clear trend in EPL reffing in that respect. I'd love someone unbiased to do some research for cards vs offences for white British players vs non-white players.
For once we completely agree

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Some people have the analytical acumen to forecast into the future when we don’t play relegation sides. A lucky 1-0 at Palace coinciding with 3 anemic attacking performances in a row with Havertz starting
Lucky? We significantly outplayed them in every statistical category, and had an xG more than twice theirs. And the only other team to win at Palace since Xmas was all conquering Man City who were gifted a late penalty from a position of no danger.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If Havertz missed 2 sitters like Nketiah did today this forum would be making voodoo dolls. He offers nothing to our general play and now can't even do what he's meant to do well. Remember how Xhaka's goals dried up and he looked awful until Trossard came in? It's that whole left side and Ødegaard that get taken out of the game when he plays.
Eddie bar that scooped miss was good tonight. And he was our most penetrative and decisive attacking player. Agree that he doesn't facilitate was well as our other forwards, but this is a strange game to go after him for.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Take it quickly to one of our players, there were plenty options. But most of all DO NOT do that feinting manoeuvre. That's always associated with time-wasting.
Its also associated with about 3/4 of all throw ins on the opposition half.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We can moan all we like but we get this right or we'll get many more cards this season. We took nearly 30 seconds to take a throw-in and Tomi was the fall guy and got carded.
23 seconds which was only 4 seconds more than the match average up to that point. Ironically if he'd walked to pick the ball up and then thrown it, he would have used up more time than jogging and then pausing.

My point being that it was refereeing decision based on perception and irritation at something that happened previously that wasn't what the ref thought it was rather than any objective decision making process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom