• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football’s Gambling Problem

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes politics involved they likely do nothing just big fine.

It’s the same with the racism directed towards Vini Jr, nothing will happen.

If I was Ivan Toney, I’d go full Mesut Özil and take this to social media to expose these double standards. What’s the worst that can happen? A move to a top club is probably off the table now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s the same with the racism directed towards Vini Jr, nothing will happen.

If I was Ivan Toney, I’d go full Mesut Özil and take this to social media to expose these double standards. What’s the worst that can happen? A move to a top club is probably off the table now.
As i said before its all about money that what important why you think Arsenal did nothing regarding Özil campaign to protect Muslims in china because simply Arsenal don't want lose sponsorship with china. Same with man city if UK government force man city owners to sell or maybe punish them UAE projects in England will be affected and UK gonna lose much money.

Money is important but also can be used evil ways

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't know what his situation actually is but he should play the he's a gambling addict line.

Would probably get him a lot more sympathy and maybe a lesser punishment.

I'm not saying the gambling addiction stuff isn't true but I did predict this scenario :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t even see this 👀👀

Brother Toney burn them all down my G

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Toney taking the smart route, the supposed best owners in the PL are betting experts so why would an employee like him not aspire to more?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One player who plays in the championship said it's way more common than people realise. I think there needs to be compassion and awareness (and far less advertising).
I read they can’t bet on any football. You get done for betting on Bolivian league. You should just not be able to bet on games you play in. It’s funny that in other sports you can even bet on yourself

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I read they can’t bet on any football. You get done for betting on Bolivian league. You should just not be able to bet on games you play in. It’s funny that in other sports you can even bet on yourself

It's all good until someone connected starts placing bets and then the integrity of the game even in a different league is impeded.

I once worked for a betting shop so I don't rate that industry at all, but I couldn't think of a solution to this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's all good until someone connected starts placing bets and then the integrity of the game even in a different league is impeded.

I once worked for a betting shop so I don't rate that industry at all, but I couldn't think of a solution to this.

We as a society need to rethink how we deal with gambling like we did cigarettes.

I also know a guy, relatively low level who just got out of football in his mid 20s after playing at a decent level.

Turns out he had a gambling addiction that was so bad and hidden from his mrs that their house purchase collapsed and his life has fallen apart big time.

riverer

I heard an ex-pro talk about his gambling addiction as part of work once a few years back, ruined his career and nearly his life. Crazy to think how much money was thrown at him when he was young and its hardly surprising it ended poorly.

Happily he's doing great things now going into schools, teams, businesses etc and spreading his story.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We as a society need to rethink how we deal with gambling like we did cigarettes.

I also know a guy, relatively low level who just got out of football in his mid 20s after playing at a decent level.

Turns out he had a gambling addiction that was so bad and hidden from his mrs that their house purchase collapsed and his life has fallen apart big time.

Exactly.

I'd love to see that kind of lengthy ban for the various forms of hate out there, but for gambling addiction I'm not convinced punishment is necessarily the answer.

375 breaches indicates that's a lifestyle and you take their livelihood away from them giving them more time on their hands.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s funny how the footballing associations are cracking down on meaningless matters such as the EFL banning clubs using towels to dry the ball before a throw-in but are overlooking sponsorship deals with betting companies.

Sums up the state of the sport. I think they’ll go after SNUS next 😂 I wonder how our short sleeve Tesco warrior will feel about that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Exactly.

I'd love to see that kind of lengthy ban for the various forms of hate out there, but for gambling addiction I'm not convinced punishment is necessarily the answer.

It’s obviously a terrible look to bet on your games but it’s the opposite side of the coin to what the rule was actually bought in for.

Back in the day you had things like the Hansie Cronje incident and Pakistan spot fixing in cricket which were players getting bribed by bookmakers to act improperly in games.

Now with how prevalent gambling is in our society with apps and adverts everywhere there’s hundreds of thousands worth of people with addictions. Footballers are going to make up some of that number.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
It’s obviously a terrible look to bet on your games but it’s the opposite side of the coin to what the rule was actually bought in for.

Back in the day you had things like the Hansie Cronje incident and Pakistan spot fixing in cricket which were players getting bribed by bookmakers to act improperly in games.

Now with how prevalent gambling is in our society with apps and adverts everywhere there’s hundreds of thousands worth of people with addictions. Footballers are going to make up some of that number.
All those mobile games who work on the dopamine rushes or lootboxes in games (Like FUT in FIFA) is also a big contributor in this issue.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All those mobile games who work on the dopamine rushes or lootboxes in games (Like FUT in FIFA) is also a big contributor in this issue.

Literally setting them up for a lifetime of gambling addictions isn’t it.

So f*cked.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Football is dirty. The officiating is too subjective and head scratching after VAr to be anything but tainted. Until we do a full financial audit every year of Premier league officials we won’t know how corrupt the game is. It can not be a coincidence that Rodri is only player in league allowed to tactically foul without getting a card

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom