• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Sheffield United 0 - 6 Arsenal | Monday 4th March | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_sheffield-united-vs-arsenalPNG.png

Screenshot-20240225-072254.png

Screenshot-20240225-072335.png

Screenshot-20240225-072425.png

Screenshot-20240225-073131.png

Screenshot-20240225-072453.png

Screenshot-20240225-072519.png

Screenshot-20240225-072545.png

lineup-2.png

Prediction

Sheffield 0-5 Arsenal

Sheffield have been on the end of some of the biggest thrashings in the league this season. They have the worst defense I've ever seen. I'm expecting another cricket scoreline.

Let's boost the GD, lads!

dino bravo

Imagine being the forwards for the worst team in Prem history, and having to play against Saliba and Gabriel with Arsenal fully in form...what's the point, what can you even do?

I 100% would have faked injury, couldn't be arsed going up against 2 fast giants on the rare counters you get...literally just pointless wasted effort.
Saliba spent most of the game in the 10 as he knew he could give McBurnie a 50 yard start and still catch him. Proper p!ss taking stuff.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Imagine being the forwards for the worst team in Prem history, and having to play against Saliba and Gabriel with Arsenal fully in form...what's the point, what can you even do?

I 100% would have faked injury, couldn't be arsed going up against 2 fast giants on the rare counters you get...literally just pointless wasted effort.
I would just feel despair

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saliba spent most of the game in the 10 as he knew he could give McBurnie a 50 yard start and still catch him. Proper p!ss taking stuff.

Trying to get a seconds peace from Gabriel trying to rip you in half, and then when you get it..."Yes finally, I'm free"...then Saliba appears out of nowhere takes the ball of you, Cruyff turns past you and starts another Arsenal attack.

The attackers must feel they are getting punished for things from past lives 😅

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Easiest statpad game ever. Sheff Utd are a disgrace. We smashed them in neutral ffs, didn't even have to go into 1st.
We would have smashed them in reverse.

Laughable team but hey, every win counts.

El Realista

Fabio has quality, if he keeps with the effort he could be Bernardo Silva esque player and rotate with Ødegaard and Jorginho or even Saka. Gabriel Jesus, man he deserves to be benched and fight for his place as winger. Honestly Havertz is much better as our CF.

I just hope Arteta doesn't tweak it again to accommodate GJ as 9 and Havertz as LCM. He is so stubborn that I can see it not playing Jorginho against Porto and bottling the game.

Just play it simple and put our best striker in his place, not like a midfielder.

Tomb Bombadil

Gabriel Jesus, man he deserves to be benched and fight for his place as winger. Honestly Havertz is much better as our CF.
People never learn. What two months can change 😊

Havertz is not all of sudden much better nor was he as bad as people said. Same with Jesus now who had a bad game but just came back from an injury and with a team that was already satisified.

Context is really important.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A few of the Uk newspaper reactions.

The Times-

The paper's chief football writer, Henry Winter, was left purring at Rice's performance.

"Rice was immense," Winter writes in his match report. "Scoring one, assisting another and revelling in the freer, more advanced role."

Winter adds that Sheffield United fans "were either heading for the exits or ironically chanting 'ole' when their team finally managed to string four passes together".

The I-

"This was the night to end all nights for the worst team in the Premier League this season and a contender for the worst of all time," writes Daniel Story in his match report. "Campaigns like these do not end with whimpers, but with thousands of supporters standing in your away end telling you that they will score in a minute and being proven right. Twice."

The Daily Telegraph-

"In the 58th minute Arsenal scored their 10,000th goal," the paper's chief football writer Jason Burt says in his match report. "Not in this game alone – although it almost felt like that as they rained in amid the dank Yorkshire drizzle – but in their illustrious 138-history."

Burt adds this match was "probably the most one-sided game the Premier League has ever seen" and the only surprise was "that Arsenal scored just once in the second half" in what "was certainly the biggest mismatch in memory".

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching Henry's segment post game... talking about how he approached/practiced 1 v 1s, how he thinks v how he knows how a defender thinks and when he was talking about tactical setups ... it's clear he's got a top football brain, he's a real student of the game.

Shame he has that Michael Jordan-esque trait of "Just do it the way I did it in my prime you little ****!", otherwise he would be a top coach 😅

Hopefully he can learn to at least control that more, as he clearly wants to be a manager and I would love for him to fully achieve that goal... especially after he basically made me fall in love with the sport back in the day.

We will never have another player quite like Thierry play for us, a true GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom