• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Sheffield United 0 - 6 Arsenal | Monday 4th March | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_sheffield-united-vs-arsenalPNG.png

Screenshot-20240225-072254.png

Screenshot-20240225-072335.png

Screenshot-20240225-072425.png

Screenshot-20240225-073131.png

Screenshot-20240225-072453.png

Screenshot-20240225-072519.png

Screenshot-20240225-072545.png

lineup-2.png

Prediction

Sheffield 0-5 Arsenal

Sheffield have been on the end of some of the biggest thrashings in the league this season. They have the worst defense I've ever seen. I'm expecting another cricket scoreline.

Let's boost the GD, lads!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He is so stubborn that I can see it not playing Jorginho against Porto and bottling the game.
I hope you understand that the manager has a huge amount more information than us fans.

Jorginho has carried niggles this season which is the reason he hasn't played as much. It's obvious as Partey has been also injured. So there is no reason to attack the manager always if the fans themselves don't understand or know the underlying factors for choices.

I don't want Jorginho to get injured, so he has to be managed by the medical team.

drippin

Probably, but I suppose there's no point trying to force it, just have a kick about and avoid injuries. Remember that three of the subs were desperately in need of minutes. Although I'd argue Cedric was a waste of minutes, personally.
Cedric wasn't a waste of minutes, as White has carried niggles this season and needs rest.

Also a manager will want to keep the extreme backup somewhat match fit, especially as Tomiyasu and Zinchenko also have had injury issues this season. It's important if Cedric has to be played at some point in a tougher situation.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What a top 1st half performance we put in earlier, we should have won by more then 6 going by our 1st half though. Whether it was due to Sheffield going a bit harder, taking our foot off the gas and/or taking a lot of the top players off in that 2nd, I'm not sure but eitherway, that was a pretty good performance earlier. I was pleased to see Partey & Jesus getting more minutes. Havertz is starting to get better playing as the head forward now rather then a deeper CM. Kiwior has to stay as our LB now even when Zinchenco returns. Probably convert Zinchenco to a CM now & have Kiwior, Tomiyasu & Timber as our optionial LB's.

dino bravo

Cedric wasn't a waste of minutes, as White has carried niggles this season and needs rest.

Also a manager will want to keep the extreme backup somewhat match fit, especially as Tomiyasu and Zinchenko also have had injury issues this season. It's important if Cedric has to be played at some point in a tougher situation.
Some great posts on this page mate, destroying mofos with some sound logic.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
What a top 1st half performance we put in earlier, we should have won by more then 6 going by our 1st half though. Whether it was due to Sheffield going a bit harder, taking our foot off the gas and/or taking a lot of the top players off in that 2nd, I'm not sure but eitherway, that was a pretty good performance earlier. I was pleased to see Partey & Jesus getting more minutes. Havertz is starting to get better playing as the head forward now rather then a deeper CM. Kiwior has to stay as our LB now even when Zinchenco returns. Probably convert Zinchenco to a CM now & have Kiwior, Tomiyasu & Timber as our optionial LB's.
I'd be selling both zinchencko and jesus next season. And use that money for a prop cf.

drippin

I'd be selling both zinchencko and jesus next season. And use that money for a prop cf.
That's just not going to happen in any scenario. Arsenal won't do some FIFA type rebuild in one window at this point.

Not to mention how bad fee you can get for their worth after such injury ridden seasons.

They were good enough for City's rotation, and they are good enough for Arsenal's rotation at this point. And they are proven leaders.

Mohamed7

That's just not going to happen in any scenario. Arsenal won't do some FIFA type rebuild in one window at this point.

Not to mention how bad fee you can get for their worth after such injury ridden seasons.

They were good enough for City's rotation, and they are good enough for Arsenal's rotation at this point. And they are proven leaders.
How?

You meant proven winners…

Mohamed7

They are both. They took leader roles last season in this young squad and pushed them for 2nd position after treble winning City.
Last season was a significant disappointment. Despite being 5 points ahead with 10 matches remaining, we lost the title with 5 games to go.

In fact, that period highlighted a stark absence of leadership. True leadership is tested in adversity, not just during successful times. Unfortunately, the more experienced players who have won league titles previously underperformed when it mattered most—Partey at WHU, Zinchenko against Liverpool, and Jesus in the home game against Southampton, although he was as dreadful in the away match.

While these players have indeed raised the team’s overall quality, that season had shown that skill alone does not equate to leadership.

We await to see the leadership capabilities of Rice in the UCL & league run-in even though it’s slightly unfair assessment on him as he doesn’t have any experience in title race.

drippin

Last season was a significant disappointment. Despite being 5 points ahead with 10 matches remaining, we lost the title with 5 games to go.

In fact, that period highlighted a stark absence of leadership. True leadership is tested in adversity, not just during successful times. Unfortunately, the more experienced players who have won league titles previously underperformed when it mattered most—Partey at WHU, Zinchenko against Liverpool, and Jesus in the home game against Southampton, although he was as dreadful in the away match.

While these players have indeed raised the team’s overall quality, that season had shown that skill alone does not equate to leadership.

We await to see the leadership capabilities of Rice in the UCL & league run-in even though it’s slightly unfair assessment on him as he doesn’t have any experience in title race.
It's looks very silly to deny that they are leaders. Do you think leaders can totally change how a young squad performs?

A leader is not a magician. They can help the team with they presence and guidance, but you can't seriously say that their leadership was at fault for the injuries and worse performances of younger players in a long season?

El Realista

People never learn. What two months can change 😊

Havertz is not all of sudden much better nor was he as bad as people said. Same with Jesus now who had a bad game but just came back from an injury and with a team that was already satisified.

Context is really important.
Havertz has aerial presence and plays it easy. GJ a lot of times goes for the hardest option and we lose game fluidity. I prefer easy football with Havertz as CF than complicated one with him disappearing as LCM. It's obvious he is more comfortable as CF as well. Our best football has came when Jorginho is playing next to rice, Ødegaard free forward and Havertz up top. Then the FBs can invert or overlap outside because we have two midfielders controlling the game what gives us absolutely more variety and frees Martinelli and Saka.

If I were a FB it would be a nightmare not knowing if they are going to overlap or not. That's the deep change of our game. It's not like just changing GJnfor Havertz. GJ is overrated and they know it in Brazil and it's why he is so often behind Richardlison.

El Realista

I hope you understand that the manager has a huge amount more information than us fans.

Jorginho has carried niggles this season which is the reason he hasn't played as much. It's obvious as Partey has been also injured. So there is no reason to attack the manager always if the fans themselves don't understand or know the underlying factors for choices.

I don't want Jorginho to get injured, so he has to be managed by the medical team.
Excuses... He wants so much to make his FB inverted idea works that he is forcing it. Jorginho is playing very very smart, the majority of the game he is walking or light jogging so is not like he can't play two or three games.

Just accept Arteta is stubborn and makes a lot of mistakes for that same reason. And I repeat it, if he tries to accommodate all of Havertz, GJ, Martinelli, Ødegaard and Saka in the coming games then he learnt nothing. One of them needs to go to the bench like Trossard and Nketiah does to keep the balance of the team. We as a team, including Rice, Martinelli and Ødegaard play their best football with a solid base of two midfielders and not Havertz playing as SS in the middle.

Bloodbather

Established Member

That second half put me to sleep so I couldn't comment after the match.

We got the job done, Sheffield clearly don't belong in the PL.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Jasinho

I would say it was a waste of minutes because Cedric has no future at the club and can't possibly be any better than someone in the youth team who could be getting that minutes. Did you see that awful pass he made almost gifting Sheffield a 1on1? Surely Cedric's minutes should be going to someone like Walters who's been ever present on the bench but never gotten a minute of game time this season.

drippin

I would say it was a waste of minutes because Cedric has no future at the club and can't possibly be any better than someone in the youth team who could be getting that minutes. Did you see that awful pass he made almost gifting Sheffield a 1on1? Surely Cedric's minutes should be going to someone like Walters who's been ever present on the bench but never gotten a minute of game time this season.
That's not how the management of top teams think. It's not FIFA for them.

Arsenal has seen Walters in training, we have not. And I think he hasn't renewed?

Managers want to raise their chances to win. Experienced Cedric is the one they play if the others are injured, like it or not.

Let's play Aubamawang

I agree that White could use a rest, but we have some excellent young players who could have had those minutes too. How will we know if players like Walters etc are good enough if they can't be in the squad in place of someone like Cedric who won't be here next season?

But like I said, that's just my personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to one without being called a mofo as we're all on the same side here @dino bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom