• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We don't know if he was injured or not. That was just based on a hunch from the other poster.
We don't know if he was injured in the Asian Cup or somewhere else but I think it has been confirmed now that he has a "slight injury". Don't know where I saw it, think Arteta himself might have said it. Will look it up later when I get time.

fute

We don't know if he was injured in the Asian Cup or somewhere else but I think it has been confirmed now that he has a "slight injury". Don't know where I saw it, think Arteta himself might have said it. Will look it up later when I get time.

Even if he was or wasn't injured, his fitness levels could not have been at 100% given he had been out for us a little bit. Going full blast in competition after having an injury could cause re-injury again.

It is a tough situation. Football is so physically demanding for healthy players and their commitments to the team and country, cups, title races. For Injury-prone guys like Tomi, it just compounds the problem.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bin Minogue GIF by Wellington Paranormal

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like this player but he feels like one we should be replacing. My guess is that we can't fo it all on the summer hence the extension.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Why are we giving him another contract?

I like him as a squaddie but he's barely ever fit.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why are we giving him another contract?

I like him as a squaddie but he's barely ever fit.
It's possible for players to overcome injury-proneness. If you sell him in the summer, you won't get what he is worth after all his injuries.

A player who is a top 6 starting level quality, like Tomiyasu is (almost White's level), almost at any defensive position would cost a huge amount of money.

It's also not easy to get players of this level who are happy to be rotational options.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Just seen that Japan play North Korea on the 21st and 26th of March. Can already see the outcome here: Tomiyasu will be back around the Porto game, get called up for that crap game and be injured for the rest of March and April.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Useless git and they want to reward this injury prone clown a new contract? one of the reasons why we cannot rotate Slaiba (who has played every premier league game and not been subbed) or Ben White adequately.. so instead we resort to Cedric Soares to give White a rest who is garbage.

Never plays more than 25 league games a season, signing a CB who can play RB is imperative in the summer

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom