• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Quarter Final Draw: Arsenal v Bayern

screenshot-2024-03-15-100742-png.22477

1710370038936.png

Who do we want? I’m praying @Rex Stone boys Atleti preoccupy themselves with Man City. We don’t want any business with them but I’ll be honest XL Bully Mik vs XL Bully Diego would definitely be a tasty affair 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Don't care much about Barcelona either way. City because it's the most sensible team to damage immediately, Bayern by far if it's about who I hate the most

If we didn’t have City in the PL near the fixture then I wouldn’t mind taking them on tbh but three games vs them in a short space of time would get a bit boring. I think it was 08/09 when we played United in the semis and they knocked us out then we played them in the PL straight after and they drew with us.

I wouldn’t mind Bayern as I can’t stand them aswell lol

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If we didn’t have City in the PL near the fixture then I wouldn’t mind taking them on tbh but three games vs them in a short space of time would get a bit boring. I think it was 08/09 when we played United in the semis and they knocked us out then we played them in the PL straight after and they drew with us.

I wouldn’t mind Bayern as I can’t stand them aswell lol
I remember 10/11 I think when there were four clasicos in two weeks, that was football at its peak imo. Was in Barcelona for a couple of them, every game felt like a World Cup final

Melquiades

They’re obviously all tough but I’d prefer PSG or Bayern. Neither is what they were and stylistically I think we can rip both open.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I think just based on pure statistics, the more times you face the same more or less evenly matched team a season. The lower the probability is you win every game against them. We're already going to play City 3 times this season at a minimum. With a 2 legged CL tie that would be 5. So no, avoid City at all costs.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Barcelona would be my first choice. Then the 2 German teams. Atletico would be murder to watch but we owe them - for ruining Wenger's last European game for us and also for selling us yellow box.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I assume that CannonStats chart is purely based on the team's performances this year in the league and UCL. Nothing else.

Not the level of the squad or the history of the club achievements.

It was based purely on betting odds. Hence the “house edge removed” disclaimer…

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’d like Bayern or Barca. Would rather not face City or both Madrid sides. Anyone else I say we have a decent chance. Atletico Madrid would be a nightmare.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Would prefer either Dortmund (weakest on paper), Barca (for obvious reasons), or PSG (feel it'd be an entertaining matchup that could go either way).

Don't want City (boring to face PL teams), Atleti (have the nous to beat inexperienced sides like us), Bayern, or Real (neither seem as formidable as they tend to be - especially Bayern - but they've still got the mix of world class talent and pedigree that can prove crucial in close ties).

With that said, none of the remaining teams seem unbeatable, and if we have to face a top side, this season feels as good of a time as any to do so, before the likes of Bayern strengthen considerably and Real sign Mbappe and co.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the most stacked the CL has been in a long time at this stage I'm pretty sure. If you swapped out for a Dortmund for an Inter (or if Liverpool were in it). It'd be the 8 strongest teams in Europe or at least the top 10.

Most likely whoever we get is a contender and it'll be a real tough mentally and physically challenging affair. So it doesn't make that much of a difference beat anyone and you prove you're a contender.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom