• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

olyon9

Olyon, before this is locked, I have a few questions for you. Is this Genesio a good coach/manager? And does Ligue 1 have more money now than previous years?

Another thing people need to realize is that Lyon is hardly Montpellier and its Lacazette's own club.
Genesio I don't really rate him. He was deputy before January but he have been nominated coach because all the players formed at the club was pushing to his canditature. He was their coach when they were in young teams(Tolisso,Lacazette,Umtiti,Gonalons,Fekir,Lopes) and since he is in charge they are all really happy.

We passed to the 9th place in January to the second in the really end of season. So he have results but tactically i am not sure of him.But he is surely liked by the players. Majority of clubs in Ligue 1 don't have money they are nearly broke. But PLM(Paris,Lyon,Monaco) is totally different. Paris have the Qataris,Monaco have the Russian and we have...Aulas.

Monaco and Lyon give huge price tags for their best players because they don't need money to put accounts in the green.Monaco and Lyon give pretty high salaries to their players also(Lacazette have 400 thousand and Valbuena 500 thousand by month for Lyon or 340000 for Mouthino at Monaco without tax to paid for foreign players at Monaco).

If you remember we were always in the knock out stages of the CL before 2011(even semi final one time in 2010) but after that we vanishes of the Champions League. He was due that exactly like you we have decided to have our own stadium we even add hostel and stuff like that. That thing cost 400 million in total(60000 seats stadium) so we have spent less than 8 million in the transfer market between 2011 and 2015.

We were force to sell players like Pjanic , Lloris or Martial for a really cheap price also. We were only used our young players and that was ok to have Europa League but not more.That was the rise of the formation center. Last year the second place give us money of CL and it was the best case scenario. The stadium is finaly come that January in the same time that our young players were becoming really good players.

Last week the financial report said that our sales figure is the bigger in Lyon history thanks to the stadium so we are finally begin to come back but we have still 150 millions to refund in the next seven years. Lacazette fidelity is really appreciated and he would be captain if Gonalons a even more faithful player that refuses Napoli and stating the same day that he was wanting to become the Steven gerrard of Lyon was not there.

Mod edit: Use some paragraphs ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Genesio I don't really rate him. He was deputy before January but he have been nominated coach because all the players formed at the club was pushing to his canditature. He was their coach when they were in young teams(Tolisso,Lacazette,Umtiti,Gonalons,Fekir,Lopes) and since he is in charge they are all really happy. We passed to the 9th place in January to the second in the really end of season. So he have results but tactically i am not sure of him.But he is surely liked by the players. Majority of clubs in Ligue 1 don't have money they are nearly broke. But PLM(Paris,Lyon,Monaco) is totally different. Paris have the Qataris,Monaco have the Russian and we have...Aulas. Monaco and Lyon give huge price tags for their best players because they don't need money to put accounts in the green.Monaco and Lyon give pretty high salaries to their players also(Lacazette have 400 thousand and Valbuena 500 thousand by month for Lyon or 340000 for Mouthino at Monaco without tax to paid for foreign players at Monaco). If you remember we were always in the knock out stages of the CL before 2011(even semi final one time in 2010) but after that we vanishes of the Champions League. He was due that exactly like you we have decided to have our own stadium we even add hostel and stuff like that. That thing cost 400 million in total(60000 seats stadium) so we have spent less than 8 million in the transfer market between 2011 and 2015. We were force to sell players like Pjanic , Lloris or Martial for a really cheap price also. We were only used our young players and that was ok to have Europa League but not more.That was the rise of the formation center. Last year the second place give us money of CL and it was the best case scenario. The stadium is finaly come that January in the same time that our young players were becoming really good players. Last week the financial report said that our sales figure is the bigger in Lyon history thanks to the stadium so we are finally begin to come back but we have still 150 millions to refund in the next seven years. Lacazette fidelity is really appreciated and he would be captain if Gonalons a even more faithful player that refuses Napoli and stating the same day that he was wanting to become the Steven gerrard of Lyon was not there.
Thanks! I can only imagine had the stadium come earlier and maybe, Martial didn't move to Monaco, you'd have a totally local developed potentially world class front 3 with Martial, Fekir and Lacazette. That is an astonishing successful academy production along with other players like Tolisso. Maybe, you could have kept Umtiti and bought players to build a really good team but anyway, its just the beginning. Best of luck and thanks for another informative post :)

MLK

Unfortunately this is true. One thing I like about NA sports is players have no say where they play until they have enough years played to negotiate certain clauses. You make that much money, you can wait to have free will imo.
I'm not a fan of lack of choice. Can you think of how saddening it must be when you leave college and get drafted by the Racist Badgers and end up in some backwards city where you and your family get abused on a daily basis and you can't do **** about it.

As far as I'm concerned, just like how a club can choose and refuse which players they want to sign, a player should be able to do the same.

blaze_of_glory

I'm not a fan of lack of choice. Can you think of how saddening it must be when you leave college and get drafted by the Racist Badgers and end up in some backwards city where you and your family get abused on a daily basis and you can't do **** about it.

As far as I'm concerned, just like how a club can choose and refuse which players they want to sign, a player should be able to do the same.
Well I suppose there could be extreme instances where it is very hard on a player. And there have been times where players have refused to play for teams and have been sent elsewhere. But I do think there's something to be said for letting the teams make trades that the players are expected to go along with. It's a dream job for anyone, having to go where you are traded isn't too big of an ask most of the time when you consider how well they are compensated.

Not that it matters here, it's a completely different model and it isn't about to change.

MLK

Well I suppose there could be extreme instances where it is very hard on a player. And there have been times where players have refused to play for teams and have been sent elsewhere. But I do think there's something to be said for letting the teams make trades that the players are expected to go along with. It's a dream job for anyone, having to go where you are traded isn't too big of an ask most of the time when you consider how well they are compensated.

Not that it matters here, it's a completely different model and it isn't about to change.
While they're fairly compensated, the life of an athlete isn't all that. From being away from your family for large portions of time, there's also the small things like not being able to eat what you want for failure that you throw a positive drug test.

Your life really isn't your own and it will all be finished by the time you're in your 30s and you'll probably have life long pain to cope with after you're done.

If it was up to me, a player could just as easily tell their national team to **** off and not face repercussions.

Oh yeah, Lacazette.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I see a lot of you have generally forgotten that a player also has to want to come here. It's not just let's agree a fee with a club and then drag the player here against their wishes.

Yeah but the player would have been asked by us whether he's open to a move before we would put in a bid .

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Would be nice if true, and also if it was reported by a French source. I'll take it with a pinch of salt as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom