• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
They'll lose him if someone steps in and pays the crazy money they want for him. Now I'm not saying he isn't any good but if he was REALLY good why the hell haven't any of Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid or Juve stepped in for him? Maybe because he ain't 50M Euros good....it's not like he's some secret gem. Someone will wait to get him in the last year of his contract when they won't have to pay an unrealistic price.

Exactly. Hopefully Arsenal is no that desperate.

qwerty99

They all talk too much. Reminds me of Wenger telling us every summer we weren't going to lose our best players.

As Gazidis said we can't compete with the top clubs, so we lose RVP and Fabregas without much of a fight and can't force clubs like Lyon and Liverpool into selling their best players. Even if those players want to come to us.

We're the nice guys in the football world.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
As Gazidis said we can't compete with the top clubs, so we lose RVP and Fabregas without much of a fight and can't force clubs like Lyon and Liverpool into selling their best players. Even if those players want to come to us.

It has nothing to do with being nice, it has everything to do with being prudent. In my naive eyes there's so much wastage of valuable resources in the football world (and yes we've wasted big money on talents we've had at the club) and we're continuing to see it. 20M to an agent for brokering a deal - you can buy a damn good player for that, yet some FAT cat agent is collecting that for a negotiation. Can't hate the playa but what a waste of money imo.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Won't be surprised if PSG just pay up and bring him in, they are serious about winning the CL and no doubt want a quality back-up for Cavani.

MLK

It has nothing to do with being nice, it has everything to do with being prudent. In my naive eyes there's so much wastage of valuable resources in the football world (and yes we've wasted big money on talents we've had at the club) and we're continuing to see it. 20M to an agent for brokering a deal - you can buy a damn good player for that, yet some FAT cat agent is collecting that for a negotiation. Can't hate the playa but what a waste of money imo.
Completely agree with this. The best paid people in world football are agents. How the **** can you square paying someone 25 million to negotiate a deal. Raiola has gotten like 3 years of Özil wages for two weeks of work. Work that he did while he was on a beach in Miami. **** that ****.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When you beat yousif and Marquis to transfer news.

qss0-2.gif

gkoat

Between trying to reconcile the tabloids and exchange rates, unless I'm mistaken....35m pounds is a decent amount compared to our last one yes?

FWIW, the le equip publication that's talking about PSG's interest is also the one that seems to have known about this bid and last one early (maybe first?) unless I'm mistaken. If they're batting 1k here and are first with this info it would make sense to keep an eye on their releases

Doom

We weren't so nice when Vermaelen and Debuchy wanted to move to Man Utd and we shipped them off to Barça and Bordeaux.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
42M euros won't be even enough to make Lyon sell Lacazzete, either bid 50M their asking price or just don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom