• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I've been watching him for a few seasons. He's not afraid to shoot from distance. He's also lethal in the box. He's a very good natural goalscorer. I don't know how many times you've watched him but he does like to shoot.

Morata is a lethal finisher and very rarely passes in from of goal. As seen in the cup final, a lot of his finishing is one touch. His goalscoring record over the past 3 seasons is pretty good if you look at minutes played. It's absurd to judge his record by games played because he's usually on the bench.
I don't know, he looked more like a second striker to me whenever I watched him. Likes to bring others around in play. He also struggles against packed defenses, all his best performances have been in the CL where he gets more space. The fact that Juve play Mandzukic over him should give you a clue about his development.
Having said that, I haven't watched him nearly enough to form a strong opinion and I'll postpone my judgement till I see him play regularly.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The question is why haven't any big team made a move for Lacazette?? Like I really don't understand. Haven't watched him that much, but I find it baffling. People say he's similar to defoe and remy, but he looks better whenever I've watched him.

The big teams probably have watched him a lot and have not been convinced

indy23

I dont get it.if hes goood how the hell is he only scoring 7 times. Who starts over him. And I think this story is a plant. Makes no sense

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems like a Giroud mkii, albeit younger. Would take a punt but not at the prices being mentioned in the media.

Think Wenger might prefer a no 9. One of those under the radar, Eduardo types. He's been experimenting with Walcott at no 9 and its failed pretty miserably.

He has some similar qualities to Giroud but basically has all the skills that we wish Giroud had aswell.

LordBendtner

He has some similar qualities to Giroud but basically has all the skills that we wish Giroud had aswell.
He can do what Giroud does and much more. He has amazing dribling and close controle for a big man. A more delicate shot and is overall a much better football player.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Seems like a Giroud mkii, albeit younger. Would take a punt but not at the prices being mentioned in the media.

Think Wenger might prefer a no 9. One of those under the radar, Eduardo types. He's been experimenting with Walcott at no 9 and its failed pretty miserably.
No, this is Giroud Mkii

Dumpster-non.JPG

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Exactly why we should splash the big bucks on this guy

BBF

I dont get it.if hes goood how the hell is he only scoring 7 times. Who starts over him. And I think this story is a plant. Makes no sense

Got his first few professional games on the wing for Real, plays almost as a second striker at Juventus, and he has fluffed a few chances. However, he's got a great record at youth level, has shown he's a great footballer, and has shown he can score in big games.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
He's not the clinical finisher that we need. Tired of players that can't hit a barn door, if we wanted 7 goals per season with dribbling, we should have stuck with Gervinho.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Mandžukić & Dybala, so you can understand why Morata doesnt start regularly.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not the clinical finisher that we need. Tired of players that can't hit a barn door, if we wanted 7 goals per season with dribbling, we should have stuck with Gervinho.
How many times have you seen him play?

Gunners1616

Obviously you don't know the player so stop moaning. You cannot think just with stats, let alone one stat. At least take in the account the number of minutes he played, the number of matches he started / at which position and against which teams he scored as well as the importance of his goals.

Last year the dude scored in both legs of the CL semi-finals againts Real Madrid and also in the Final against barcelona. He made epic matches against Dortmund too and Bayern this season and also offered Juventus the Cup. He also scored crucial goals in Seria A in the 2 years. He is young and CLUTCH...

If we buy him it will be for the obvious potential, not only stats.

adpree

Exactly why we should splash the big bucks on this guy

Big gamble if his returns are similar and strikers of this nature usually start performing consistently well during the latter half of their 20's/early thirties. Big sum to fork out upfront. We need someone who would have a more immediate impact.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Big gamble if his returns are similar and strikers of this nature usually start performing consistently well during the latter half of their 20's/early thirties. Big sum to fork out upfront. We need someone who would have a more immediate impact.

Which aren't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom