• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

adpree

Which aren't available.

That would be splashing the cash for the sake of it. Don't think we have that kinda money. Plus we have Real in the frame, who surely have a buy back clause. Would rather us use the money to push for one of Real's forwards in the event this dude heads back.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
'It's much easier to score in the Premier League, where the ball doesn't stop moving, the action is everywhere and the midfield is non-existent,' the striker, who scored 84 Premier League goals and won three titles, told Italian paper La Repubblica.

'Here you see a striker up against five defenders, it's much more difficult than in England. The Italian league is of a high standard.'

From Tevez who had enough experience of both leagues.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That would be splashing the cash for the sake of it. Don't think we have that kinda money. Plus we have Real in the frame, who surely have a buy back clause. Would rather us use the money to push for one of Real's forwards in the event this dude heads back.

Yes Real do have a buy back clause, thats what this whole rumour is about. They take him back for a bit more than they sold him, and sell on (hopefully to us) for about £20m more. Its not splashing the cash for the sake of it, its buying a young striker with far greater potential then we currently have.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes Real do have a buy back clause, thats what this whole rumour is about. They take him back for a bit more than they sold him, and sell on (hopefully to us) for about £20m more. Its not splashing the cash for the sake of it, its buying a young striker with far greater potential then we currently have.
Agreed. This one is worth the risk. How many times have we been beaten to the punch by another club. Only to discover a season later that we made a mistake.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Big gamble if his returns are similar and strikers of this nature usually start performing consistently well during the latter half of their 20's/early thirties. Big sum to fork out upfront. We need someone who would have a more immediate impact.

Yeah I was being facetious , have not watched him at all except on youtube .

Stryka

Morata's clause doesn't kick into until the start of July so, until then, no one can really do anything. (If Juventus sell him on before the buyback clause expires, they'd have to pay 80 million euros.

That being said, given the options, Morata would be a good option. He's behind the pecking order of Dybala who's probably been the signing of the season in Serie A, meaning he has barely got a good run of games. With Welbeck injured, the fact he can play both sides of the wing would be handy. Still gets a goal and assist every 0.8 games, which is good for a player who isn't first choice at their team. Probably would be inflated at around the £40 million mark, but then again, finding value for strikers is a rarity. Juventus really looked like they needed Morata during the Copa Italia, and of course, went on the score. I'd imagine they'd want to keep him still but it's all in Real Madrid's hands.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would you not go for Morata? If I thought we could get PEA then I would prefer him. We have to bring someone in and for me Morata is worth the risk.

I honestly have not seen him play 90 mins . So I have no idea about him . Have no issue if we want him . About actually buying him seems to be the real problem .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I honestly have not seen him play 90 mins . So I have no idea about him . Have no issue if we want him . About actually buying him seems to be the real problem .

tbh I havent seen Xhaka play 90 mins but I think he's a good signing. Agreed, the problem is Real, they will have to buy him back or refuse to activate their clause before we can even think about buying him. And then we would be dealing with Juve. Not easy either way!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
YNV4G.gif

Glorious Styles.

:lol:

Missed you too, bro!

alwaysmassive78

'It's much easier to score in the Premier League, where the ball doesn't stop moving, the action is everywhere and the midfield is non-existent,' the striker, who scored 84 Premier League goals and won three titles, told Italian paper La Repubblica.

'Here you see a striker up against five defenders, it's much more difficult than in England. The Italian league is of a high standard.'

From Tevez who had enough experience of both leagues.

So Higuain would get probably 100 goals a season? He got 36 goals in a weaker team to Morata's 7. I appreciate Morata isn't first choice, but surely that just reinforces that he isn't worth spending most of our budget on​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom