• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Would you like some Daily Star? Perhaps a bit of Metro on the side? Mirror for dessert?
giphy.gif

nick gould

Even in the 2 years since Özil joined, prices have changed. Also when you take into account the experience Morata has at a relatively young age, I would say £40 to £50m is going to be the price for him. He's certainly not a project!
Why are people worrying about the money anyway. It's not ours to worry about and besides if it's not spent on players it goes to the shareholders' or even worse still it's spent paying perennial injured players's wages.

Bring Morata and save us from watching Theo Lolcott and Giroud on our ultra k TVs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Neither would I but I don't think he's anymore of a sure thing then Morata.

Seems most who aren't interested in Morata think we should get Dybala, Greizmann, Higuain, PEA or Ibra. Which either from the players or clubs POV isn’t going to happen.
From that list Higuain is realistic. It's simply a question of how much we want to spend, we can definitely afford him. We could definitely afford PEA too especially if Real don't sign him, and one would assume they know that Benzema is the better player.

When it comes down to it, Morata may be the ideal signing when it comes to age, potential and price but we can definitely afford the big boys.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why are people worrying about the money anyway. It's not ours to worry about and besides if it's not spent on players it goes to the shareholders' or even worse still it's spent paying perennial injured players's wages.

Bring Morata and save us from watching Theo Lolcott and Giroud on our ultra k TVs.

I'm not too bothered about the money, I was just replying to another post. Having said that I want us to compete for the best players but without breaking all records, so money does come into it. Anyway, dont assume we all have Ultra k TV's, some of us wait until a new one is essential, a bit like Wenger! :)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Coming to AM for meaningful links is as going to England to meet beautiful women.

England is FULL of beautiful women, especially where I'm from! However it also has it's many horrendous, excuse of a women inside it.

Reactions: BBF

adpree

Even in the 3 years since Özil joined, prices have changed. Also when you take into account the experience Morata has at a relatively young age, I would say £40 to £50m is going to be the price for him. He's certainly not a project!

Doubt prices have changed that drastically in 3 years. Lets not forget we are the champion hagglers of the game, the same players would have cost a lot more to another club.

I can understand 40-50 mil being paid for someone like Lewandowski / Benzema. Those guys are at the peak, guaranteed 20 goals/season with either one.

Morata won't have an immediate impact, and signing a 40-50 million player to be a Giroud understudy is madness if you ask me. I'm for signing the guy, but at a lower price.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Doubt prices have changed that drastically in 3 years. Lets not forget we are the champion hagglers of the game, the same players would have cost a lot more to another club.

I can understand 40-50 mil being paid for someone like Lewandowski / Benzema. Those guys are at the peak, guaranteed 20 goals/season with either one.

Morata won't have an immediate impact, and signing a 40-50 million player to be a Giroud understudy is madness if you ask me. I'm for signing the guy, but at a lower price.
The team played it's best football of the year with Danny Welbeck upfront. Morata is twice the player Welbeck is so to say he wouldn't have an immediate impact I think is completely wrong. He would easily improve our general play and he finishes chances that Giroud squanders. Not to be rude but the idea that he would be an understudy to Giroud is laughable. There is no club on earth that would start Giroud over Morata. He sh*ts on Giroud from a great height already and is only going to get better while Giroud will decline. Given that I don't think anyone is asking you to pay for Morata, who the hell cares how much he costs? If the club actually want him they should pay what it takes to get him. Simple. That's how successful clubs operate and I would think we'd like to be a successful club.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Don't worry about the money. We have plenty;

worry about whether we're willing to spend it in order win the league.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Worst team earned only 30mil less. All that money is evenly spread around the league, its not like we earned 100mil while others did 5

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Good strikers will bring the best out of Özil. I don;t think it's the other way around. As I said in his thread last week, he tends to expose the flaws of poor strikers.
Yeah, but I'm not suggesting that we go out and buy a poor striker instead of Morata, am I? What we need is a striker that likes to hang off the shoulder of the last man, someone like Icardi. Morata might be a better footballer than him, but Icardi's the better finisher imo..

NJRider

We already have a player that excels at bringing the best out of other players. We need finishers and Morata isn't the answer. I'd be much keener to bring in a proven goalscorer..

Giroud is good at link up play but doesn't bring the best out of Alexis or Özil because he can't stretch the play. The player that would bring the best out of all our players is someone who can combine Giroud and Welbecks attributes.

Morata does that in my opinion and I also think at the very least he would match Giroud's goal return in our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom