• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Tactics Talk

reed

C01sGUrWEAAezBH.jpg:large

billyf

We 've got way too many players that are poor when defending.
Xhaka, Iwobi, Walcott, Özil, Bellerin and i might be forgetting some.
Wtf!!!
Even Monreal is poor these days

Our corners, free kicks, crossing and long shots needs to be taken seriously look at.

It indicates that we only train short passing and movements. Which is weird, because there are many patches in game where we struggle at these.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Our corners, free kicks, crossing and long shots needs to be taken seriously look at.

It indicates that we only train short passing and movements. Which is weird, because there are many patches in game where we struggle at these.

Also,look at our pace in the game.It's easy to move ball quick when you have a lot of space.But when teams start to defend deep and well organized,we just lack good contribution in final third.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You have Alexis, Özil, two inform strikers & three solid centerbacks... but no quality wide right & the only fit central midfielders look a disaster in a two.

What formation? :lol: Its like a GSCE maths problem.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We are really incredibly bad at defending space. Wenger seems to only be able to co-ordinate a man-oriented press and we aren't even doing that particularly well.

Seriously, I love Wenger but I tire of his defensive tactics. That he has amassed a pretty good squad is his saving grace. But we need greater organization, if only in our defensive stage.

Sykes

All these will be sorted out with a 4-3-3. That's the best formation for the players we have at the moment.

Cech, Bellerin, Koscienly, Mustafi, Monreal - Xhaka, Coquelin/Santi, Ramsey - Lucas, Alexis, Özil.

We are midway through our season and it feels like Wenger has no idea what his best starting XI is. Because of injuries and schedule he has been rotating like a mad man and the result is that it feels we don't know our best midfield, we don't know what best balance is for the winger duo and the striker. We don't know what kind of attacking football suit our players best.

It is such a mess.

Hunter Zolomon

We are really incredibly bad at defending space. Wenger seems to only be able to co-ordinate a man-oriented press and we aren't even doing that particularly well.

Seriously, I love Wenger but I tire of his defensive tactics. That he has amassed a pretty good squad is his saving grace. But we need greater organization, if only in our defensive stage.
yeah a good squad after many years, while other managers seem to amass a good squad with less time and money.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This guy on Twitter's opinion on the best formation to suit our CM (specifically Xhaka)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This guy on Twitter's opinion on the best formation to suit our CM (specifically Xhaka)

Yeah, this is a pretty simple switch, but would help loads. Also would aid in the attacking play as it creates more triangles and thus passing options.

billyf

I respect this guy's effort but please...
He's not our playmaker, he's not our winger, he's not our striker. No manager is going to try building a setup to integrate a DM. He's not even our second best player.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I respect this guy's effort but please...
He's not our playmaker, he's not our winger, he's not our striker. No manager is going to try building a setup to integrate a DM. He's not even our second best player.

Xhaka ain't specifically a DM

OSBK

Established Member
Thats basically bayern with alonso.

Roll the clock back 8 years when we dominated play then yeah that works.

But these days all you need to do to screw that formation in high press like liverpool.

Our current formation is not that bad, we just need hungry players will to work hard for 90mins.

billyf

Bayern's main "weapon" is their wingers. They have the best set of wingers in the world. Their midfield setup is pretty common.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom