• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
[QUOTE="Mark Tobias, post: 4160180, member: 92669"]Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact many opinions on this forum work like this. Blokes on the internet who don't know much making stupid and uniformed statements on proven and respected Managers who have over a thousand games in charge .[/QUOTE]

FYP.... :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

OShea's2010

Simeonee is like Wenger, doesn't matter what you throw at him, he floats. He's got that same self belief and club loyalty. Sadly he'll probably stay there for 20 years until the fans start to call him a clueless old fart.
Simeone would just pack his bags and retire if he ever ended up like wenger.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You serious? They scored 2 goals less than you guys last season but only let in 18.

It's a shame most people only see the high-profile CL games where Simeone's teams are almost always out-matched on every position and thus has to play defensively. They regularly outplay lesser teams in the Spanish league.

It's like if a person's entire opinion on Wenger was based on watching Arsenal vs. Barcelona.

They still play terrible football. I've watched both their first games this season against two promoted sides, and they were God awful to watch. Like watching a **** match such as West Brom vs West Ham.

If anything those CL matches are why I want him here, but then I remember that a season is very long, and I don't think I could cope to watch such dull football.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Simeone would just pack his bags and retire if he ever ended up like wenger.
You and I would, but we're just ordinary guys on the Internet. These legends have huge self-belief or they wouldn't have achieved what they have.

Wenger still believes he can steer his ship across the winning line, with a fair wind and full sails. Simeone is made from the same mould, eccentric and his own man. Listens to no one. Like Wenger he won't stop believing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You rate Chievo and Palermo as highly as Leicester and Pool?
I don't know at this stage tbh. I just think it's a bit of a weird way, if not premature, to draw any conclusions as to who would do a better job at Arsenal right now!

FWIW, I'd still take the De Boer, no matter what he does in Italy with Inter, as it's no barometer.

Hegemony

LVG, another tactical genius that should have replaced Wenger :lol:

Klopp had a bad season with Dortmund and the jury is out at Liverpool. Mourinho had a terrible season last year.

Wenger, never had a bad season at Arsenal even when everything's against him, fans booing, injuries, pundits, refereeing decisions, players off form, lack of money. The man's a f***ing genius.

Everybody fawning over Guardiola. The pundits yesterday licking his arse all afternoon. He's been at the richest clubs in the world ffs. Would like to have seen him at Athletico to see what he's really made of. Simeonee is like Wenger, doesn't matter what you throw at him, he floats. He's got that same self belief and club loyalty. Sadly he'll probably stay there for 20 years until the fans start to call him a clueless old fart.

Wenger hasn't had a 'bad' season with us but some seasons have been underwhelming. While I don't think he deserves as much criticism as he gets (and I believe he's done great stuff with us), he shouldn't be immune from scrutiny.

Also I think your criticism of Guardiola is unfair. It's not easy managing a big club regardless of money. Look at the likes of City, Utd and Real; they have endless resources but a revolving door looms for the managers that have taken the helm. He wins, that's all a club can ask.

Furious

I don't know at this stage tbh. I just think it's a bit of a weird way, if not premature, to draw any conclusions as to who would do a better job at Arsenal right now!

Where did I do that? I just stated some facts that he started the season badly. He might well turn good.

On a serious note Chievo are actually a tough place to go, at least from what I know when betting on them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They still play terrible football. I've watched both their first games this season against two promoted sides, and they were God awful to watch. Like watching a **** match such as West Brom vs West Ham.

If anything those CL matches are why I want him here, but then I remember that a season is very long, and I don't think I could cope to watch such dull football.
This.

Wenger and Simeone have just used different tactics over the years to achieve the same result - compete consistently against teams with more expensive squads. Wenger with attacking flare and Simeone with organised defence.

It lays them both open to criticism, one defensively naive and the other dull and boring. The truth is both these men are outstanding.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Looking at Liverpool, we should really have beaten them, and Leicester is never a problem usually, champions or not. We should have 9 points. The decision to leave out Kos, Özil etc cost us. Points we'll never get back due to poor decisions, 2 games in. How many more to we think he'll make in the remaining 36 league games?

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
Looking at Liverpool, we should really have beaten them, and Leicester is never a problem usually, champions or not. We should have 9 points. The decision to leave out Kos, Özil etc cost us. Points we'll never get back due to poor decisions, 2 games in. How many more to we think he'll make in the remaining 36 league games?

Wow you surely are dumb...

The decision to leave out Kos, Özil, Giroud cost us? What the **** are you wanabe talking about?
Go play some football manager to improve youre non existint knowledge.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wow you surely are dumb...

The decision to leave out Kos, Özil, Giroud cost us? What the **** are you wanabe talking about?
Go play some football manager to improve youre non existint knowledge.
Are you such a rain of sunshine offline as well?

Furious

Disagree with that. Look at Ramsey, and other players in the PL such as Payet, and Lloris. All injured because they were rushed back. Rather lose them for 2 games than weeks or months.

However we should've bought in earlier, but Mustafi himself was injurd as far as I know, so he wouldn't have played. We were also unlucky with injuries on Per and Gabriel.

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
Disagree with that. Look at Ramsey, and other players in the PL such as Payet, and Lloris. All injured because they were rushed back. Rather lose them for 2 games than weeks or months.

However we should've bought in earlier, but Mustafi himself was injurd as far as I know, so he wouldn't have played. We were also unlucky with injuries on Per and Gabriel.

Everyon with a little bit of intelligence understands that, but some ppl....

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger hasn't had a 'bad' season with us but some seasons have been underwhelming. While I don't think he deserves as much criticism as he gets (and I believe he's done great stuff with us), he shouldn't be immune from scrutiny.

Also I think your criticism of Guardiola is unfair. It's not easy managing a big club regardless of money. Look at the likes of City, Utd and Real; they have endless resources but a revolving door looms for the managers that have taken the helm. He wins, that's all a club can ask.
Agreed, but when you're training an Arabian thoroughbred it's got to be easier.

Wenger and Simeone have trained up some impressive donkeys ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This.

Wenger and Simeone have just used different tactics over the years to achieve the same result - compete consistently against teams with more expensive squads. Wenger with attacking flare and Simeone with organised defence.

It lays them both open to criticism, one defensively naive and the other dull and boring. The truth is both these men are outstanding.
Come on mate, lets not pretend Arsenals football is that much better than Atleticos, if at all. Anyway, Atleticos organisation and defence is far far better than ours, than our football is better than theirs.

Arsenal, football wise, are the ageing lothario, stood in a nightclub winking at the young girls. We don't have it anymore. Then we pull a munter (beat Watford) and all of a sudden we're Adonis' again, telling our mates about a stunner we just poled.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Come on mate, lets not pretend Arsenals football is that much better than Atleticos, if at all. Anyway, Atleticos organisation and defence is far far better than ours, than our football is better than theirs.

Arsenal, football wise, are the ageing lothario, stood in a nightclub winking at the young girls. We don't have it anymore. Then we pull a munter (beat Watford) and all of a sudden we're Adonis' again, telling our mates about a stunner we just poled.
Never said Arsenal's football is better than Athletico's in fact far from it, just different to achieve the same ends.

In your nightclub, they're both working class geezers spruced up so well they're batting well above there average. Guardiola's always got a Saudi prince in there with a gold Lamborghini, but the girl's are still eying up our boys out of the corner of their eyes.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We all know you Wenger fans have zero ambitions but this is just a silly statement after our complete failure last year. Those who can't see that we have literally missed our most obvious chance at the title are living in a dream world. And please do not pull out the "But we finished 2nd". We didn't, we were gifted 2nd and we absolutely blew our chances at the title before Xmas was even over. AS USUAL!

Also not a single excuse there can be attributed to why we didn't lift the title in May. We've been our own worst enemy for years and it is because of AW that this is the case.
No, we have realistic ambitions. In the last three seasons we have 2 FA cups and a runner up.

Yes if Sp**s hadn't f***ed up we wouldn't have got second . . . but equally if Vardy or Mahrez had picked up a knee injury like Carzola and Welbeck did, we might have won!

When you wear shades all the time it always looks cloudy mate. Take them off for a minute and see what Wenger has actually achieved instead of what he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom