• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Frank De Boer, one who was touted to be better than Wenger has started the season brilliantly with Inter, losing 2-0 away vs Chievo, and drawing 1-1 home against Palermo.
Who said he was better than Wenger?

razörist

One of the all-time classic Wenger moments. Even the Utd fans knew he'd been wronged there and were practically supporting him :lol:
Yeah I absolutely love that moment.

Wenger's such a hard nut at times-classic him.That pose is a contender for the statue we put up when he does leave.
Yess. With his arms spread out, but with his iconic (transfer) grin.

Welcome to the Arsène Wenger Stadium.

razörist

No idea. Just remember his name being thrown around because he apparently was some tactical genius with Ajax.
That's not the same thing as better than Wenger. At the time I thought he could be one of few young managers that could succeed Wenger in time. Let's see how he does at fallen giant Inter.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
That's not the same thing as better than Wenger. At the time I thought he could be one of few young managers that could succeed Wenger in time. Let's see how he does at fallen giant Inter.

It is when it's used as a stick against Wenger, who apparently's not good enough tactically and what not. Silly stuff when you consider him being at Ajax in a two team league.

razörist

It is when it's used as a stick against Wenger, who apparently's not good enough tactically and what not. Silly stuff when you consider him being at Ajax in a two team league.
He's young, with his own ideas, brought back four titles in a row to a topclub that hadn't claimed it in six years. Likes to give young players a chance. Worked through a massive clash at the top between LVG and Cruijf, which left the club in dissaray for a while. If he can bring back inter, he should be considered if and when Wenger retires.

His flaws for now are sticking too much with his favorites and failing to bring actually attractive football. But to be fair, he lost his best players every season. I stand by my assesment, very cheap to take shots right when he's hit a rough patch.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's young, with his own ideas, brought back four titles in a row to a topclub that hadn't claimed it in six years. Likes to give young players a chance. Worked through a massive clash at the top between LVG and Cruijf, which left the club in dissaray for a while. If he can bring back inter, he should be considered if and when Wenger retires.

His flaws for now are sticking too much with his favorites and failing to bring actually attractive football. But to be fair, he lost his best players every season. I stand by my assesment, very cheap to take shots right when he's hit a rough patch.

Sure, he might become good enough. Premature to think that the guy would be better than Wenger because he did well in a rubbish league with a superior club, that's my point. I didn't take cheap shots, just stated facts.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sure, he might become good enough. Premature to think that the guy would be better than Wenger because he did well in a rubbish league with a superior club, that's my point. I didn't take cheap shots, just stated facts.

Hmm no I think rather, its premature to think he has already flopped when he is only two matches in, and ironically his results have matched our opening two games.

Nobody said he is better than Wenger, but people did mention he could (emphasis on could) be a good replacement.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Diego "Argentine Tony Pulis" Simeone.

You serious? They scored 2 goals less than you guys last season but only let in 18.

It's a shame most people only see the high-profile CL games where Simeone's teams are almost always out-matched on every position and thus has to play defensively. They regularly outplay lesser teams in the Spanish league.

It's like if a person's entire opinion on Wenger was based on watching Arsenal vs. Barcelona.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have a long list of supposed tactical geniuses who should have taken over Wenger.... A few I can think of:
- Owen Coyle
- Brendan Rodgers
- Paul Lambert
- Roberto Martinez
- Frank De Boer
I am sure you guys have more names to add..

:lol:
LVG, another tactical genius that should have replaced Wenger :lol:

Klopp had a bad season with Dortmund and the jury is out at Liverpool. Mourinho had a terrible season last year.

Wenger, never had a bad season at Arsenal even when everything's against him, fans booing, injuries, pundits, refereeing decisions, players off form, lack of money. The man's a f***ing genius.

Everybody fawning over Guardiola. The pundits yesterday licking his arse all afternoon. He's been at the richest clubs in the world ffs. Would like to have seen him at Athletico to see what he's really made of. Simeonee is like Wenger, doesn't matter what you throw at him, he floats. He's got that same self belief and club loyalty. Sadly he'll probably stay there for 20 years until the fans start to call him a clueless old fart.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You serious? They scored 2 goals less than you guys last season but only let in 18.

It's a shame most people only see the high-profile CL games where Simeone's teams are almost always out-matched on every position and thus has to play defensively. They regularly outplay lesser teams in the Spanish league.

It's like if a person's entire opinion on Wenger was based on watching Arsenal vs. Barcelona.
Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact many opinions on this forum work like this. Making sweeping statements on Managers and players after one game of viewing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger, never had a bad season at Arsenal even when everything's against him, fans booing, injuries, pundits, refereeing decisions, players off form, lack of money. The man's a f***ing genius.
We all know you Wenger fans have zero ambition but this is just a silly statement after our complete failure last year. Those who can't see that we have literally missed our most obvious chance at the title are living in a dream world. And please do not pull out the "But we finished 2nd". We didn't, we were gifted 2nd and we absolutely blew our chances at the title before Xmas was even over. AS USUAL!

Also not a single excuse there can be attributed to why we didn't lift the title in May. We've been our own worst enemy for years and it is because of AW that this is the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom