• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OShea's2010

He spends 35m on Mustafi, and 20m on Perez. 100m this transfer window. I bet plenty people still arent satisfied.
If Gabriel hadn't got injured, we wouldn't have Mustafi. same goes for Welbeck and Perez. Instead of being proactive, Wenger only spends when we are threadbare in that area or to give himself a better chance of landing a new contract. Can't really give him plaudits for that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We needed at least 3 players capable of going straight in and we got them. Underwhelming in known quality for other clubs imo, but the deficit was at least addressed.

Adequate performance from Wenger in the window for once, so credit where it's due.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He did well filling the holes in our squad, though he did leave it very late. There was absolutely no need for us to have gone into the season unprepared and undermanned - at the cost of 5 points.

Whatever happens this year, this needs to be his final season at Arsenal. It's time for him to go.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Honestly if these signings were prior to the season starting this window would have been fantastic. We've addressed the spine of our team which has been sorely lacking for years now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Expect Wenger will sign a new deal considering this looks a team on the build rather than a finished team.

Can't see Wenger leaving Iwobi, Gnabry, Holding, a 24 year old Mustafi, Xhaka, Ramsey, Jack, Bellerin, Özil in his prime etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How else is he supposed to leave it? The balance is right for him to leave immediately tbh.

Build a team that pushes for titles and leave at the end of that cycle.

This looks a team on the rebuild, I think Wenger will be here next summer putting finishing touches to the current team.

There is one more contract there I suspect.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not being funny but Özil is one of the best players in the Prem and Alexis is one of the best players in the squad
:lol: Either both are two of the best players in the prem, or none are. Simple as that really. That some people here think there's a whole class tier that separates Özil and Alexis... Shocking.

How many supporters poty has Özil won? How many euro player of the tournaments has Özil won? Alexis has won both, the latter being his equivalent, the COPA.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil the 2nd best player at Real, Alexis in and out of the Barca team. No contest really.
That doesn't really tell you the whole story though. At best, it's a pretty shabby barometer in which to measure their ability. Id sooner have a player that brings what Alexis does to the table.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That doesn't really tell you the whole story though. At best, it's a pretty shabby barometer in which to measure their ability. Id sooner have a player that brings what Alexis does to the table.
I'm not really comparing their ability, just disagreeing that Alexis was 'bigger and better' than Özil in La Liga. Mesut was a key player for Real his entire time there, Alexis wasn't nailed on in the first XI for 2 of his 3 seasons at Barca.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We needed at least 3 players capable of going straight in and we got them. Underwhelming in known quality for other clubs imo, but the deficit was at least addressed.

Adequate performance from Wenger in the window for once, so credit where it's due.
F*** me, I'm going to frame and laminate this post. ;)

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not really comparing their ability, just disagreeing that Alexis was 'bigger and better' than Özil in La Liga. Mesut was a key player for Real his entire time there, Alexis wasn't nailed on in the first XI for 2 of his 3 seasons at Barca.

Real fans didn't want Özil to leave, Barca fans were happy to see Sanchez leave.

Proof is in the pudding.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ah, I see. Yes, it's fair to say Özil was needed by Real Madrid more than Alexis was for Barca, even if RM won 2 CL's immediately after Özil departed. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom