• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Interpret it whichever way you like but people don't change, same people moaning now on a regular basis will be the same 6-12 months time and vice versa .
I'm not sure about that. People tend to moan for a reason, when those reasons are addressed the moans stop.

You'll get a small minority who just enjoy moaning but I think the majority of us moaners on here aren't doing it for the fun of it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm not sure about that. People tend to moan for a reason, when those reasons are addressed the moans stop.

You'll get a small minority who just enjoy moaning but I think the majority of us moaners on here aren't doing it for the fun of it.

I'm talking about the small loud minority , I don't consider you a moaner .

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can see why he still has support when the idiots on AFTV are what many people view the fanbase as.

One of the guys can't even go five seconds without throwing in a 'blud' or 'fam'. How can you have a job if you talk like that so naturally. :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can see why he still has support when the idiots on AFTV are what many people view the fanbase as.

One of the guys can't even go five seconds without throwing in a 'blud' or 'fam'. How can you have a job if you talk like that so naturally. :lol:

Is that the Arsenal Trooper :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What good would come out of washing your dirty clothes in the public. It's not like Kroenke would open his purse strings just because of his employees criticism. It'll only lead to a lot of bad blood between Wenger and the board

Then resign! What manager allows himself to be hamstrung by the BoD? What purpose does it serve?

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Thought it was common knowledge by now that Wenger develops players through freedom rather than discipline. Its why we look terribly disorganized on the pitch, there is very little instruction given to the players.

Theres been plenty of matches where we set up defensively structured and disciplined.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
As frustrating as he is, I honestly believe We wants the best for the team and wants to win trophies. Kroenke, on the other hand, quite clearly doesn't give a damn about the club competing with the best in the world.

Even Ivan Gazidiz. When he said back in 2013 that we want to be the best and compete with the likes of Bayern both competitively and financially, I honestly believe he was telling the truth.

I think that Kroenke has either lied to them, misinformed them or completely changed his mind about the vision of the club. Why have we gone from "we want to compete with the best" in 2013, to "we cant compete" in 2016? Because Wenger doesn't want to compete? No. Because Gazidiz doesn't want to compete? No. We've gotten to the point where we were supposed to be able to go nuts, spend more money and build one of the best teams in the world and Kroenke has realised that this would involve spending some of the money that he was planning to use to build another 14,000 acre ranch in Texas or something and said, "you know what? Nah".

We have an owner who has no interest in football, knows nothing about football, and refuses to interact with the fans in any way. Look at the way Abramovic runs Chelsea... love him or hate him, the guy loves that club and wants them to be the best. He goes to every game and you can see him kicking every ball, going through all the emotions that the fans go through. Wouldn't it be nice for our owner to care even half as much as that?

Not making excuses for Wenger, he makes lots of mistakes and bad decisions, but ultimately I think he is completely restrained by Stan and I don't think this club can ever truly move forward under his ownership.

Stoneh

As frustrating as he is, I honestly believe We wants the best for the team and wants to win trophies. Kroenke, on the other hand, quite clearly doesn't give a damn about the club competing with the best in the world.

Even Ivan Gazidiz. When he said back in 2013 that we want to be the best and compete with the likes of Bayern both competitively and financially, I honestly believe he was telling the truth.

I think that Kroenke has either lied to them, misinformed them or completely changed his mind about the vision of the club. Why have we gone from "we want to compete with the best" in 2013, to "we cant compete" in 2016? Because Wenger doesn't want to compete? No. Because Gazidiz doesn't want to compete? No. We've gotten to the point where we were supposed to be able to go nuts, spend more money and build one of the best teams in the world and Kroenke has realised that this would involve spending some of the money that he was planning to use to build another 14,000 acre ranch in Texas or something and said, "you know what? Nah".

We have an owner who has no interest in football, knows nothing about football, and refuses to interact with the fans in any way. Look at the way Abramovic runs Chelsea... love him or hate him, the guy loves that club and wants them to be the best. He goes to every game and you can see him kicking every ball, going through all the emotions that the fans go through. Wouldn't it be nice for our owner to care even half as much as that?

Not making excuses for Wenger, he makes lots of mistakes and bad decisions, but ultimately I think he is completely restrained by Stan and I don't think this club can ever truly move forward under his ownership.

Fair points and I agree to majority of them. One of the real reason is Wenger himself. The man is indecisive and hasnt moved with the market. Keeps saying hrle will spend big but the reported bids for CF been 2010s prices.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

That is a good point. Actions like these normally lead to a severe meltdown among fans. Even if someone buys a club with a business point of view, they know that they can sustain the flow of money only when they invest in the business again. Given the current emotional state of fans, I won't be surprised if fans start boycotting the matches and eventually lead to sponsors pulling out of deals.

I have been posting s**t about Wenger here for many days. I still stand by it. If Stan is not letting them spend the money it is pretty clear about his stance with Arsenal. Anyone with some level of integrity and self-respect would leave the club and tell the truth openly. Instead he comes out to press conference blaming the fans. This makes it looks like he is l**king the owner's a**

Stan, Ivan, Wenger are all at mistake here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's got the point where should Wenger somehow win the league or more, he'd give in to his urges to have a pop back at the majority of fans that have criticised him so much. And that is when you should know yourself that you had over-stayed your welcome.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Then resign! What manager allows himself to be hamstrung by the BoD? What purpose does it serve?

8.3 million reasons per year not to. Wenger was the highest paid manager in world football for a while until recently and even now the people above him, Pep, Jose and Carlo, are in positions where anything less than a League and CL double will be deemed not good enough.

Top earner in your field but with no pressure to win? Tiny part understandable why Mourinho is upset with him and his cozy position all the time.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Financial Fair Play was debunked. That is the reason for all this/ the change.

They reason they all said that in 2013 and specifically said "compete with Bayern" is because FFP was supposed to reel the oil clubs in and our revenue and self-sustaining model would match the only super-club with a sustainable model that competes for top honors in Bayern Munich.

All our eggs were put into UEFA FFP doing what they said it was going to do. We never had the stomach to compete with the big boys at their game. Combine that with the insane TV deals clubs in the PL got an the gulf between us and the Manchester clubs + Chelsea is bigger than ever and we are now being pressed from below due to the buying power of the clubs below us. Smaller PL clubs can buy players the level of which would have been unheard of a handful of years ago (Stoke and its CL winners) and those smaller clubs can also hold onto their best players as they can match our wages (ie Vardy).

We've been ****ed all ways, but thats what you get for pulling all your faith that someone else, UEFA and their FFP, would be the ones the battling for them and for not shifting their plan once we knew it was a farce. They could have updating the supporters with the changes, but that would have changed the money coming in so they keep quite and keep selling them/us the dream/lie every year around season ticket renewal time.

Bradpiff

So because someone talks a certain way it means their opinion is invalid ?

Also people change how they behave in different environments you can be one way at work and another with your friends

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This thread gets worse, fuelled by emotional claptrap.

Usual suspects constantly making up stuff to critise Wenger. . . . like guessing which managers would walk if they were in Wenger's shoes :lol:or guessing how Wenger would take revenge on fans if he won the league :lol:

Unbelievable sh*t.
Its not a 'guess' at all. What I said is based on the fact he's already having pops at fans despite being way off winning either the league or CL. Wenger would be too drunk on vindication to truly feel like the club and fans had achieved something, if he won either with Arsenal. He'd be too angry and bitter that people doubted him to appreciate it. As I say, that tells you something.

He's even using Rob ****ing Holding, at this early stage, as some sort of proof he's doing well ffs. Its beyond ****ed up. Look at the pressure he's already heaped on the guy.

As wotless as you could ever hope to see. It's all about him now. As a gooner, you should be sickened.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its not a 'guess' at all. What I said is based on the fact he's already having pops at fans despite being way off winning either the league or CL. Wenger would be too drunk on vindication to truly feel like the club and fans had achieved something, if he won either with Arsenal. He'd be too angry and bitter that people doubted him to appreciate it. As I say, that tells you something.

He's even using Rob ****ing Holding, at this early stage, as some sort of proof he's doing well ffs. Its beyond ****ed up. Look at the pressure he's already heaped on the guy.

As wotless as you could ever hope to see. It's all about him now. As a gooner, you should be sickened.
It hasn't happened yet, so it's bound to be a guess (however educated;)).

There's no way Holding would be playing if Gabriel and Per hadn't been injured. The lads doing a good job tbf. Stones mk II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom