• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

United have ALWAYS been a big boy in the league. Don't let their recent stumble from the top deceive you. I guarantee they will be a force next year. They have already begun to click and I am sure Mo will be given another summer. And last season they were able to rub it in our faces yet again that we won nothing and they won something
Tbf we had done that to them for the previous two years.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

But we can't change the squad cost, there's nothing we can do about it. We can't protest against the owners and hope for some sugar daddy to take us over, when we've been laughing at Chelsea for the best part of a decade for the exact same thing. Changing the manager is about the only thing we can do to see if the new manager makes things better. If that doesn't work we'll all have to think about toning down our expectations from this Arsenal team so that we can start celebrating 4 place finishes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsène Wenger launched a foul mouthed attack on fourth official Anthony Taylor before calling him “dishonest”, it has been revealed.

Arsenal boss Wenger was given a four game touchline ban for his outburst at Taylor and referee Jon Moss during last month's game with Burnley.

The Football Association have now released the full written reasons and it reveals that Wenger told Taylor to “f*** off” twice before telling him: “You are dishonest to your federation.”

:lol:
Such a Wenger way to abuse a referee.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If its all about the squad cost then do we actually need a manager at all? Whats the point? Arsenal fans can pick the team before each game in a poll. Via a text that costs £5 of course :lol:

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think the best choice of manager that the board opt for should be directly related to how much money they are prepared to invest.

The supposed nature or brand of our football is we're meant to be recognized as a football team that plays attractive, attacking football - how true that statement is is very much open to interpretation (particularly these days) however generally that's how we're seen by the football world.

My point is, if we are intent on carrying on that brand, and if they have any intention of being successful and winning trophies with it then the powers that be need to be ready to invest heavily to be able for us to buy the calibre of player that will enable us to compete whilst playing such an open game. You saw in the match last night how open it was, neither team had the first idea how to defend and both of them had an abundance of attacking talent. City will probably end up victorious; though that's not a given but ultimately they have a bit more than Monaco, and rightly so as they've spent far more.

In my view, it's quite evident our board don't want to spend the kind of eye watering money that our competitors are outlaying so I think they are going to be better served by going for a defensive coach like Simeone who can compete in a different way on a more modest budget. That's not to say he's the coach I want, however what's the term 'attacks win you games, defenses win you titles'. It's been over ten years since we've seen an Arsenal team that knows how to defend properly. This is of course just an opinion but unless you have the money to buy the best players in the world, an open attacking game will see you come up short hence why with our budget a defensive coach might be the best option for the club.

Ewarwoowar

Arsène Wenger launched a foul mouthed attack on fourth official Anthony Taylor before calling him “dishonest”, it has been revealed.

Arsenal boss Wenger was given a four game touchline ban for his outburst at Taylor and referee Jon Moss during last month's game with Burnley.

The Football Association have now released the full written reasons and it reveals that Wenger told Taylor to “f*** off” twice before telling him: “You are dishonest to your federation.”

:lol:
Such a Wenger way to abuse a referee.
Wenger the 'whistle blower',, harsh punishment for speaking truth,, and,, no mention of the push, which means He got four times the ban that Jose get's for the same crime only Jose does it almost every game.o_O

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I doubt any player would come out and say he wants a club legend (haters and lovers must agree on this) to leave. I understand the intent of some players as we know some of them are here to work with Wenger - what that means for the teams success is debatable.

Many ex players have noted that Wenger's biggest weakness is his trust in players. That is made even worse when you consider his stubbornness.

Now, if Wenger is at all willing to change to keep some of his best players here then I can see us taking a step forward (if Wenger were more ruthless basically) otherwise, if the same players are here next season, players who truly have no business starting, then I will fully jump on the Wenger out wagon. I doubt this is his last season, I see him leaving next season but this is too early.

The summer will dictate our stadium mood next season. Whether it will be toxic or not will depend on outgoings more so than who comes in IMO.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The summer will dictate our stadium mood next season. Whether it will be toxic or not will depend on outgoings more so than who comes in IMO.
Doubt that. All fans want a shiny new star in the summer. We do need to get rid of players but even if we didn't and we added some real steel, fans would be happy. Wish we'd do both though.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Now, if Wenger is at all willing to change to keep some of his best players here then I can see us taking a step forward (if Wenger were more ruthless basically) otherwise, if the same players are here next season, players who truly have no business starting, then I will fully jump on the Wenger out wagon. I doubt this is his last season, I see him leaving next season but this is too early.

We all have different thresholds, I think I was there about three years ago.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Doubt that. All fans want a shiny new star in the summer. We do need to get rid of players but even if we didn't and we added some real steel, fans would be happy. Wish we'd do both though.
Most of our squad is average with a few outliers. We have stockpiled so much mediocrity its painful.

We need to seriously restructure before we go out and get a star. With Wenger staying, the only solution is to hope for a lot of outgoings with one or two great buys. We have a great foundation, we just need to add where it's missing.

Our back 4 is solid with only LB a worry. Our midfield has a great foundation in Xhaka as the anchor. Ofcourse we need to decide on a new system for next season to adequately utilise his skills. Whether it is a 3 or 2 that dictates the type of player we need to partner him with.

Our front 3 is also sorted. With outgoings like Theo etc we can maybe strengthen with 1 other WC or proven player. Lucas is proven but doubt many fans will be satisfied with no attacking signings. Sanchez is set to be our main CF if he extends which leaves the question of where Özil will play. If we play a proactive 3 then I can see a free role on the left working out otherwise it will be very hard to place him in a 3 unless as a decoy false 9.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This guesswork is as exhausting as it us addictive. The reality imo is that regardless of manager, we need to trim the squad massively, spend on proper quality and buy/promote youngsters of equal quality to those of 2008. Deal or not? I don't know but whoever three's name a,he had one hell of a task on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom