• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Chess is superb, gone out fashion with vid games. Wish I was better and had more time to study it. Stuck in a rut at the mo. Shredder smashes me on 1600 :lol: You're probably a 2000 man being an elite poster and all.

Wenger's like a chess player, let's his moves play out until 70 minutes, not panicking, watching the board. People find the slowness hard to bear, but he's no 'rookie'.
Bollocks. You don't wait 70 minutes after the crash to call an ambulance. He let's games get away.

Tbf, if you're going to defend him , substitutions shouldn't be something you use. IMO, it's the worst aspect of management

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Until he comes up against a 12 yr old who beats him in four moves and people say the game has passed him by.
:lol::lol: That only happens when he's distracted cos his zip's stuck. Haven't seen that big coat for a while, perhaps he's 'pawned' it.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Bollocks. You don't wait 70 minutes after the crash to call an ambulance. He let's games get away.

Tbf, if you're going to defend him , substitutions shouldn't be something you use. IMO, it's the worst aspect of management
Yeah, you're right, spend the whole week working on a plan and just throw it away at the first sign of trouble. Sounds good.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
C5X-5H6WYAARjbp.jpg

Third column is the main reason why I've voted 'no deal'.

I'm sure Wenger would be quick to point out that the past 3 seasons have been better than average :) I voted No deal for lots of reasons.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yeah, you're right, spend the whole week working on a plan and just throw it away at the first sign of trouble. Sounds good.
Bollocks again. I'm not saying react after an attack or even after a goal. What he doesn't do is react when the game is clearly getting away from us. We can be 1-0 after 55 minutes and we've been battered and it's obvious a second one's coming and he won't do anything. I'm not saying he should be kneejerk. Just be prepared to be flexible during games. He'd be saving himself a lot of trouble.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Kos talking about how we are mentally weak in big games is an issue that has plagued multiple squads under Wenger. Our biggest flaw under him and one that means we can't win big trophies. That alone is enough reason to make big changes.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger's like a chess player, let's his moves play out until 70 minutes, not panicking, watching the board. People find the slowness hard to bear, but he's no 'rookie'.
Yeah, Wenger is rockin' this chess board:
$_32.JPG

It's time to update it, try to use more diverse strategies, be more proactive. Other players know all his moves before he makes them. He uses a very similar game plan for a very long time. Even the chess board is bored.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Wenger is rockin' this chess board:
$_32.JPG

It's time to update it, try to use more diverse strategies, be more proactive. Other players know all his moves before he makes them. He uses a very similar game plan for a very long time. Even the chess board is bored.

:lol: How would like to play a game where Santi, your rook, is replaced by a pawn . . . . . and your opponent can afford to put queens in every position.

It looks like you're sh*t of course.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Kos talking about how we are mentally weak in big games is an issue that has plagued multiple squads under Wenger. Our biggest flaw under him and one that means we can't win big trophies. That alone is enough reason to make big changes.
Have you got a source for that, thought I'd read his RMC Sport interview a couple of days ago, because my French is sort of passable.

Maybe I missed it, but didn't see any mention of Wenger or multiple squads.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Bollocks again. I'm not saying react after an attack or even after a goal. What he doesn't do is react when the game is clearly getting away from us. We can be 1-0 after 55 minutes and we've been battered and it's obvious a second one's coming and he won't do anything. I'm not saying he should be kneejerk. Just be prepared to be flexible during games. He'd be saving himself a lot of trouble.
You say it's bollocks . . . . this is a man who was directing players at the top of the league for twenty years while you were struggling to direct your own urine.

Preacher

Always Crying
:lol: How would like to play a game where Santi, your rook, is replaced by a pawn . . . . . and your opponent can afford to put queens in every position.
You can choose different rook instead of battle-scarred veteran, whose presence as main piece according information and history increases the risk of losing the battle. He should be a knight or a pawn or even take place on the sidelines until he proves you otherwise.
Sometimes you have to withdraw and choose different approach, sometimes you have to sacrifice one of your own pieces to win. Wenger can't do neither. He's too loyal to his underperforming pieces and too stubborn, when situations call for moves, which would require to leave his comfort zone. This will be the main reasons of his downfall.

@say yes posted some stat earlier this season about our subs. We concede least and score most after we make subs...

Its probably not telling stat but at least something.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Have you got a source for that, thought I'd read his RMC Sport interview a couple of days ago, because my French is sort of passable.

Maybe I missed it, but didn't see any mention of Wenger or multiple squads.

No I'm saying that it's been something that has plagued multiple squads. Probably could have been clearer :rolleyes:

say yes

forum master baiter

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You can choose different rook instead of battle-scarred veteran, whose presence as main piece according information and history increases the risk of losing the battle. He should be a knight or a pawn or even take place on the sidelines until he proves you otherwise.
Sometimes you have to withdraw and choose different approach, sometimes you have to sacrifice one of your own pieces to win. Wenger can't do neither. He's too loyal to his underperforming pieces and too stubborn, when situations call for moves, which would require to leave his comfort zone. This will be the main reasons of his downfall.
No doubt some of that is true, it's definitely time to sacrifice some pieces.

But not 'Cech mate'. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom