• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,701
  • Views 236,421

Goonger

Looks like this currently

£70/80M midfielder. - Bruno G/Luiz
£40-70M forward - Olise
£30-50M defender - Hato/Pacho
+ GK if Ramsdale leaves
+ ST if Jesus leaves

I would be really happy with that especially if we are able to move Jesus and get another ST in.

While not against those, I'm not sure that's got the pace we need in the forward areas.

If we can only get 1 forward, I'm all in on Isak if that's a deal we can do, and using Jesus wide if we have to.

I just think his pace would give us a whole other dimension up front.

CannonBals

While not against those, I'm not sure that's got the pace we need in the forward areas.

If we can only get 1 forward, I'm all in on Isak if that's a deal we can do, and using Jesus wide if we have to.

I just think his pace would give us a whole other dimension up front.

Actually although he may not look like it but Havertz is also rapid. Would ideally prefer pace on the wings but the way our right side work, its more dependent on small passes and movements thus I feel Olise would be better suited.

Also Isak is a wishlist level signing currently and would love him here.

Goonger

Actually although he may not look like it but Havertz is also rapid. Would ideally prefer pace on the wings but the way our right side work, its more dependent on small passes and movements thus I feel Olise would be better suited.

Also Isak is a wishlist level signing currently and would love him here.

Yeah, I class Isak as semi realistic wishlist lol.

So intrigued to see the way the club will go. Maybe the strategy, or at least part of it will also depend on sales in terms of PSR, for example we have a first choice if a certain amount of sales achieved, a second choice slightly cheaper if not etc.

But as was previously mentioned, if everyone is feeling a pinch with PSR, perhaps sales won't be easy to achieve.

Intriguing summer ahead anyway!

SupersoakerArsene

Just get Isak. Striker & Winger. Tall. Quick. BPL proven. Scores goals.
Meret or Casteels for free. Tosin for free.
Isak & Nico Williams up front & a great midfielder like Bruno G, Douglas Luiz or Musiala!
And if not possible, you could still try to get Fofana for a low fee or might even try to seduce Rabiot for a free (but I don't think ARteta likes his attitude).

Might be bit expensive. But you can sell Lokonga, Tierney, Tavares, Nketiah, Ramsdale & might even sell Partey to SA or Nelson to a team like Brighton....

I have seen Nico's comp, half of it he loses the ball or runs it out of play! And people are saying that he's better than Nelli or Trossard! Pfffft! Have you seen their comps!?

He looks like a Zaha to me, capable of good moments but utterly frustrating 2/3 times. If he comes here, it should be for rotation but not as a nailed on starter!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I have seen Nico's comp, half of it he loses the ball or runs it out of play! And people are saying that he's better than Nelli or Trossard! Pfffft! Have you seen their comps!?

He looks like a Zaha to me, capable of good moments but utterly frustrating 2/3 times. If he comes here, it should be for rotation but not as a nailed on starter!

Zaha was easily better player than Martinelli and trossard though

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just get Isak. Striker & Winger. Tall. Quick. BPL proven. Scores goals.
Meret or Casteels for free. Tosin for free.
Isak & Nico Williams up front & a great midfielder like Bruno G, Douglas Luiz or Musiala!
And if not possible, you could still try to get Fofana for a low fee or might even try to seduce Rabiot for a free (but I don't think ARteta likes his attitude).

Might be bit expensive. But you can sell Lokonga, Tierney, Tavares, Nketiah, Ramsdale & might even sell Partey to SA or Nelson to a team like Brighton....
Isak will have to push for the move and no suitors come in and pay 100m for Bruno
otherwise no way Newcastle approve the sale of Isak and Bruno in the same summer, their fans will riot.

Isak will have to hand in a transfer request almost to push through the move, Gyökeres might be more acquireable.

My only issue is that Isak is perfect for our system, not sure if Gyökeres can replicate his form in the PL and I dont see other alternatives.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Isak will have to push for the move and no suitors come in and pay 100m for Bruno
otherwise no way Newcastle approve the sale of Isak and Bruno in the same summer, their fans will riot.

Isak will have to hand in a transfer request almost to push through the move, Gyökeres might be more acquireable.

My only issue is that Isak is perfect for our system, not sure if Gyökeres can replicate his form in the PL and I dont see other alternatives.

jmsmtthw28????

1714553971212.png

Zaha was easily better player than Martinelli and trossard though
 If you people are frustrated with Jesus, you would definitely be frustrated with Zaha, as you would with Nico at the moment.
I mean being a talisman and all, (which means 75% of attacks pass through him) how many times did he have 20 G/A and over..... Can'tbe arsed to check but I'm certain its less than 3 seasons.
Now, am not saying that Nico cannot become better! But saying he should start in place of Trossard (our best finisher, best close controller) or Martinelli who's having a bad season but is really good, case in point last season is not only wrong but also misleading.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we want a backup CDM then we could get Fofana or Ndidi on the cheap from Monaco or Leicester. Ndidi has always been rather solid & probably worth as a backup behind Rice, Partey & Jorginho for next season. Further up front on the wing, someone like Olise, Kubo or Kudus from CP, Sociedad & WHU. Then Isak, Gyokeres or Osimhen completely up front at striker.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
- We need a starting striker (Alexander Isak or Ollie Watkins).
- We need a young talented striker to replace Eddie Nketiah (Benjamin Šeško or Joshua Zirkzee).
- We need a DM to replace Mohammed Elneny and one of Jorginho / Partey (Douglas Luiz or Amadou Onana).
- We need a winger that can cover for Saka / Martinelli (Nico Williams or Michael Olisse).
- We need a young talented GK. I would use Karl Jakob Hein as backup to Raya so buy a young talented keeper.

We must sell Gabriel Jesus, Oleksander Zinchenko, Aaron Ramsdale, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, Eddie Nketiah, Kieran Tierney, and Cedric Soares and release Mohammed Elneny.
We won’t sign a starting big money striker and a young expensive striker. Havertz is going to be a respected CF option in the squad. We will sign 1 striker.

I’d put that money into midfield.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

This is more realistic than the 5/6 player in lists we’ve been seeing.

We’ll get a cheap backup keeper if Ramsdale goes, but ultimately don’t be surprised if we sign a CB, CM and wide forward this summer imo.

Pacho, Bruno G and Nico Williams would cost just over £150M combined. I think people would go mad if we didn’t sign a 9 but it’s realistic.
We wouldn’t be moving the needle with a summer like that imo.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

He would be a rotation option. Kid is still 21, and has 14 assists this year so far. He's a bit raw, but he has the tools, and unlike Nelson at least tries to make things happen

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom