• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 308,034

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I like the player, but not sure he can be a 6, and would we then put Rice there? I can't really see us go to a double pivot in a sort of 4-2-3-1.

Rice 6, MacAllister 8 and Ode in his usual position.

I think MacAllister is more of what we need than a Bruno G tbh. Taking one of Liverpool’s few better players and setting them back would be nice. If Alisson is available, I’d take him too 😂

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Rice 6, MacAllister 8 and Ode in his usual position.

I think MacAllister is more of what we need than a Bruno G tbh. Taking one of Liverpool’s few better players and setting them back would be nice. If Alisson is available, I’d take him too 😂
I think they could interchange. Mac Allister would drop deep when we're building from the back which would allow Rice and Ødegaard to progress and then in the next phase, Rice could drop a bit while Mac Allister took the more advanced left 8 position. Something like that is a nightmare to mark as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If we are giving up on Martinelli as a starter, then we need a new fast left winger...still feel our attack is lacking a killer to win the league.

Compare to City (Haaland) and Liverpool (Mane and Salah) when they did it, Saka-Havertz-Trossard feels too slow to me...we used to have Thierry Henry in our attack ffs.

Feel sorting out left wing is as important as the midfield situation, tbh...lot of fans talking about Alexis this past week, imagine if we had him at his peak now!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If we are giving up on Martinelli as a starter, then we need a new fast left winger... still feel our attack is lacking a killer to win the league.

Compare to City (Haaland) and Liverpool (Mane and Salah) when they did it, Saka-Havertz-Trossard feels too slow to me... we used to have Thierry Henry in our attack ffs.

Feel sorting out left wing is as important as the midfield situation, tbh... lot of fans talking about Alexis this past week, imagine if we had him at his peak now!
The Alexis from 2016 in this team would have seen us win the league weeks ago. That guy instead of Nelli and Trossard this season makes us a 95-100 point team. I was watching videos last night of Pato at 19 for Milan. That's the exact archetype that would make us impossible to defend. I think that's what they were hoping for with Mudryk. That sort of player makes us a danger to every team on earth.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You buy Isak to play them together. Rice is the left 8, Havertz occupies the CBs and wins the long out ball and Isak operates out of the half space . Isak kills 2 birds with one stone because he solves the wing problem and the problem of the lack of a 9 with pace. Then your project buy is an out and out winger who you can afford to give time to develop.
Just watched some more Isak compilations because i am a complete loser.

Just when i thought i was out, i'm pulled back in. What a player.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

-----------Havertz
----Leao-----------------Saka
--------------Ødegaard----
-----Neves------------------
-------------Rice------------
Gutierrez Gabriel Saliba White
--------------Raya---------------

This is what i'd like to see, or something similar. So a LW who doesn't hog the touchline, gets closer to Kai. A full back behind him who will overlap. An almost double pivot of Neves and Rice ahead of Gabriel and Saliba. Ødegaard with a little more freedom to drift between the right and left.

I am aware that this isn't the direction we will go though.
I get what you’re saying but Neves is nowhere near ready (esp with fee in mind) and Gutierrez is an inverting fb, although he usuallly inverts to cam, that’s worse than Zinny defensively.

Swap them guys for FDJ at the base of midfield and Hernandez at lb and it’d be some team.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom