• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who was the best?

Also, I’m sure the likes of Adebayor are going to receive a lot of hate but do you think he was a better striker than Aubameyang?
Ade better footballer but Auba better goal scorer, at their peak you take Ade - guy was a monster, our Drogba.

RvP though, by far the best player of the banter era. One of the greatest ever strikers. As a person too, guy wanted to join Arsenal and left because he asked the club for ambition and they didn’t show it.

TinFish

This thread is pointless. It's easily Cesc Fabregas. A prime Cesc at Arsenal would even break into the invincibles first team.

Massive fan of the guy, shame he tarnished his career because people view his time at the Emirates with bias now. He's the best young talent we've had at Arsenal by far. Don't understand why people say RVP. He was not consistent enough....

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ade better footballer but Auba better goal scorer, at their peak you take Ade - guy was a monster, our Drogba.

RvP though, by far the best player of the banter era. One of the greatest ever strikers. As a person too, guy wanted to join Arsenal and left because he asked the club for ambition and they didn’t show it.

I definitely agree about RVP. He pretty much dragged us to a top 4 finish during his last season and was the main reason why Utd won the title the year after.

Not sure why a lot of fans give him stick tbh. The likes of Gazidis, Kroenke etc should be on the end of all that. He would have stayed had we shown ambition.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I definitely agree about RVP. He pretty much dragged us to a top 4 finish during his last season and was the main reason why Utd won the title the year after.

Not sure why a lot of fans give him stick tbh. The likes of Gazidis, Kroenke etc should be on the end of all that. He would have stayed had we shown ambition.
He had a meeting with the people above Wenger I think, asked them their plans and he left because he knew they were on a joke thing. Don’t blame him for leaving at the end of his career to try and win something.

I hear some Utd fans say he is their favourite player ever and the best striker they ever saw. Some claim him as their own, which kinda hurts me, for me he’s still an Arsenal guy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sagna was quality, every single game. Cesc obviously.

I don’t count Özil, Sanchez etc as banter era, Mesut won 4 FA Cups which no player has done, and nearly lead us to a title, so that’s past the banter era.

When you look back, the banter era wasn’t even banter really, it was us with no money punching above our weight - still playing the best football in the world too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t count Özil, Sanchez etc as banter era, Mesut won 4 FA Cups which no player has done, and nearly lead us to a title, so that’s past the banter era.

When you look back, the banter era wasn’t even banter really, it was us with no money punching above our weight - still playing the best football in the world too.

That’s in hindsight looking at how dreadful our football is now and how bad our signings have been.

Agree on Sagna, that’s why I was saying we should look for a reliable RB like him. One of Arsène’s best signings imo.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Just raw god given ability you're looking at 1 Özil 2 Cazorla 3 Cesc / RVP I think.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He had a meeting with the people above Wenger I think, asked them their plans and he left because he knew they were on a joke thing. Don’t blame him for leaving at the end of his career to try and win something.

I hear some Utd fans say he is their favourite player ever and the best striker they ever saw. Some claim him as their own, which kinda hurts me, for me he’s still an Arsenal guy.
‘We’re gonna buy Podolski and get Yossi Benayoun on loan’ I would’ve jumped out the window if I was RVP.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

The post Wenger years are a much bigger banter era. We’ve spent like 350m on overhyped dossers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
‘We’re gonna buy Podolski and get Yossi Benayoun on loan’ I would’ve jumped out the window if I was RVP.

Would have loved to have seen Robin play with Santi that season, though he had earned his move to a title challenger at that point.

In our last match in 2012-2013...Kos scored the only goal of the game, and got man of the match, as we secured Champions League...nice fact for you there ;)

Alexs

It's absolute bollocks that you can't be an Arsenal fan and see RVP for the player he was and the great things he did for us (and how Wenger transformed him). Blame the Krankies.

GoonerJay24

This thread is pointless. It's easily Cesc Fabregas. A prime Cesc at Arsenal would even break into the invincibles first team.

Massive fan of the guy, shame he tarnished his career because people view his time at the Emirates with bias now. He's the best young talent we've had at Arsenal by far. Don't understand why people say RVP. He was not consistent enough....
Fabregas was brilliant but in not sure if he was our most talented or important player back then. Cesc also had many injuries.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom