• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

SK Lation

I agree, fat chance we get him. As it currently stands I would say Madrid > City > Bayern > Arsenal/Barca. Musiala is far from his prime and we have a far better project than Bayern imho allowing us to beat them to Rice/Havertz. If we win the league this season, we would flip Bayern I'd say.
Yeah, no. No we wouldn't. For starters: There is no such idiotic ranking for most attractive european club. One player might prefer us over Bayern or even Real and the next one will do it the other way around etc. On this level, small things can make the difference.

Bruno G., Paqueta...did I miss the invention of the position 'biggest ****' in our system?

No need for any of this tits.

CannonBals

Wanted him from France, but I friggin' hate this guy nowadays, after all his idiotic fouls like elbow to Jorginho's back of the head, and "accidentally" stepping on the achilles of Saka etc. While the referees don't punish him.

But the best options for Arsenal for the top DMF/CMF player are Luiz and Guimaraes. I would pay more for them than Zubimendi from another league.

So I guess I could be fine with him, especially if Arteta and others could coach being an s-hole out of him. One good thing about players like this is, that they will give everything for their team-mates once they join a club.

Only issue I see with him is he can be hot-headed like Xhakha. Once he gets a yellow most fans would be ****ting themselves out of fear of a red. Again same as Xhakha.

(He is slow but still more mobile than Jorginho so we can manage that part)

Bloodbather

Established Member

Only issue I see with him is he can be hot-headed like Xhakha. Once he gets a yellow most fans would be ****ting themselves out of fear of a red. Again same as Xhakha.

(He is slow but still more mobile than Jorginho so we can manage that part)
I remember Xhaka being the common comparison for him when we were linked to him all the way back when he was at Athletico Paranaense.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Seems like Musiala, Bruno G and Paqueta may all be available.

All really good, Musiala is the most exciting for me but Bruno G and Paqueta do seem to have a better defensive side to their game, in that order.

For me it's Musiala then Paqueta then Bruno G. Like them all though
Musiala doesn't really belong there, imo. One because I doubt he's actually available - I don't see him leaving Bayern without winning a CL with them, two because he's not the profile we're looking for. Doesn't offer much defensively. I think he's one of the biggest talents out there, but yeah. He'd fit Ødegaard's role more. Maybe even the wing. If we were to need someone of this profile Wirtz would have to come into the picture as well.

I think de Jong might be the big name becoming available this summer. So I have de Jong, Paquetá, Bruno G, and D Luiz as candidates, in this order. Though I have started to worry about de Jong's injury record.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think any of the four Brazilian midfielders playing in the Premier League would elevate us, Guimaraes, Paqueta, Luiz or Gomes. If I had to pick in order it would be,

Gomes, Luiz, Paqueta with Guimaraes fourth choice.
What has Gomes done to be rated ahead of the other three? His ball playing stats and offensive contribution stats are pretty bad, seems like a hardworking defensive player mainly.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We have too many nice kids in the team. Gabriel is the only bully in the squad. We need more grinta players in the team to shake the boys when intensive lvl is low.
I agree with this, but to a point. Well, I more so agree with the sentiment that we need some inspirational, fiery figures. We don't need a reckless player who acts like a thug and gets himself sent off. Nobody does except for the ****tiest sides who are out there to ruin the game. Xhaka was a liability in this regard for most of his time here and it cost us many times.

Just someone who can energize the team with outward expressions of passion and some ****housery when needed. Gabriel does this. Havertz is a low-key ****houser but he's so unexpressive that he doesn't inspire much. Paquetá is a player of this mold as well. Bruno G is more Xhaka-like in this regard, though he's not as reckless in the tackle so it can be made to work if Arteta can rein him in a bit.

TornadoTed

Established Member
What has Gomes done to be rated ahead of the other three? His ball playing stats and offensive contribution stats are pretty bad, seems like a hardworking defensive player mainly.
I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something about him, I also think he is the most realistic of the four to sign. I think Paqueta is City bound, Luiz will stay at Villa if they get Champions League football and Newcastle will want an insane amount of money for Guimaraes.

He isn't at the level of the other three yet but is only 22 and improving all the time. He is a team player, his work ethic is insatiable and I think Mick would absolutely love him.

CannonBals

I agree with this, but to a point. Well, I more so agree with the sentiment that we need some inspirational, fiery figures. We don't need a reckless player who acts like a thug and gets himself sent off. Nobody does except for the ****tiest sides who are out there to ruin the game. Xhaka was a liability in this regard for most of his time here and it cost us many times.

Just someone who can energize the team with some ****housery when needed. Gabriel and Havertz do this. Paquetá is a player of this mold as well. Bruno G is more Xhaka-like in this regard, though he's not as reckless in the tackle so it can be made to work if Arteta can rein him in a bit.

Read many prefer Paqueta over Bruno/Luiz.
Don't understand why people have this misunderstanding that we work well with a 6 and two 8/10 hybrid. Anytime we played that it has rarely worked.
Last season it was Partey Xhakha Ødegaard.
This season when we have player well its Ødegaard Rice Jorginho(or Partey).

Any combination of Rice with 2 AMs haven't worked well and would not. Works for City because of Rodri. Rice is not the same player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think any of the four Brazilian midfielders playing in the Premier League would elevate us, Guimaraes, Paqueta, Luiz or Gomes. If I had to pick in order it would be,

Gomes, Luiz, Paqueta with Guimaraes fourth choice.
Outside of paqueta they really would add nothing more than depth.

andeoch1

We have too many nice kids in the team. Gabriel is the only bully in the squad. We need more grinta players in the team to shake the boys when intensive lvl is low.

Benny Blanco is definitely master of the black arts. If he gets hit , he will return the favor before games end. Absolutely love his ****-housery.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is more petulant and ill tempered than hard and tough. He is also probably the slowest MC in the league. At Newcastle Longstaff does most of his defensive work.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Don't understand why people have this misunderstanding that we work well with a 6 and two 8/10 hybrid. Anytime we played that it has rarely worked.

Any combination of Rice with 2 AMs haven't worked well and would not. Works for City because of Rodri. Rice is not the same player.
It's more so about the type of player Paquetá is. If you notice, the other three options I cited are all 6/8 hybrids. Paquetá's progressive passing stats are fantastic and he's very physical. He has the attributes of an 8 rather than a 10. So even though he can play 10, he's really an 8. The 8/10s we've used are Havertz and ESR, neither are great progressive passers, and progressive passing is the key attribute here.

He also has the advantage of having played with Rice before.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We will not have another lucky season where Ødegaard plays full season. We need a creative midfielder unless nwaneri is fully promoted

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yep. Paqueta is a great player, but there is still Vieira and ESR next season I presume. It's their final chance and Arteta & Edu will likely focus the money elsewhere.

In the long run Arsenal needs another top DMF/CMF like Rice, in case of injuries and for rotation. So for me it has to be Luiz, Guimaraes or Zubimendi for example. It's better to buy this kind of player now, so they will be totally ready when Partey and Jorginho leave.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom