• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said a few weeks ago that I place Chambers above Gabriel at CB. I want to see him play CB this season. Gabriel can learn the language or leave, why doesnt Wenger insist on language courses! It really annoys me when Wenger says "He is maybe a little bit missing the language" Well dont let him on the pitch then Arsène, especially when he may actually need to communicate to others besides Monreal.

Play Chambers tonight with Per and leave Kos fresh for Sp**s.

Maxim

I'd rather have Chambers partnering Coq than either Ramsey or ElNenny.

That's ridiculous, Coquelin who is fairly limited on the ball and chambers, a young CB who has a grand total of 2 games in midfield.

Mental

Aztec_Pharaoh07

I like the guy but he hasn't shown much to warrant a permanent position. Not saying that he is crap but we should wait at least until he has proven something on the pitch before handing in the ballon d'or.
Wenger should have loaned him out to a club where he could get regular game time (I realize we are short in some positions and perhaps that's why he was not loaned out). Hopefully, he will develop his skills with another club (like Coquelin)and come back much better.
For this season, i don't see more than 3-4 appearances for him unfortunately.

Goon-Ger

I haven't seen enough of this guy so far to justify his transfer fee. He is poor at RB, but decent at CB and done OK on the few times I have seen him play as a DM.

He's a good back up to have as he can fill in for a few different positions but he has a long way to go before he's a guaranteed starter.

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious
When the sub board comes up and I see his mush standing there waiting to come on, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence if we are chasing a game. Maybe if we are seeing a game out then "possibly" bring him on but I'd rather see someone else come on if I'm honest. Don't rate him as yet. A loan might of been the best option for him to develope.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I haven't seen enough of this guy so far to justify his transfer fee. He is poor at RB, but decent at CB and done OK on the few times I have seen him play as a DM.

He's a good back up to have as he can fill in for a few different positions but he has a long way to go before he's a guaranteed starter.

He's still a kid, he always was going to be years away from starting when he signed.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
He should be starting with Kosceilny imo. If want him to have a big future here potentially as captain then its imperative that he's starting consistently from now.

whatdidijustread

Have no doubt in my mind he will be a nailed on starter within the next season or two. Has a couple of brain farts (who doesn't at that age?), but his calmness on the ball, great technique and passing and his overall reading of the game is superb. Oozes Arsenal.

nick gould

I get the feeling he will be better than stones at centre back. Got to say he is too average at right back he makes flamini look world class in that position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i like what he doing at right back but i still think he is future center back. if he just can improve his 1 v 1 defending, really get annoyed how easy player get past him hopefully he work in that during his time here.

Sykes

I think we should try playing him alongside kos. Gabriel and Koscienly are too similar, so maybe he'd work better with Kos.
He has world class talent and I don't want him to leave us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What's with Arsenal Mania and young players atm? You guys want to sell or loan anyone who isn't in the first team and performing.

Shows a real lack of knowledge.
Or you have a real lack of understanding.

Nobody is complaining about having yoing players per se. It's when we have that many and none of them have fully developed, that's the issue. We signed Ox when Theo was still developing, both are still developing. We have Ramsey, Wilshere, Coquelin all vying for the same position, still developing. So the issue is, when we have as many young players as we do who need game time, who need a position to learn rather than being a Jack of all trades, not having yoing players in the first team or performing but it's moving onto the next project before finishing the one before it. Or in Chambers case, there is a list of players signed and developed before him who are not finished. Chambers isn't the issue, nor are the individual players, the system is the issue.

For someone who claims to have knowledge surely you must see the amount of half fininished jobs we have in the squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom