• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Tierney doesn’t class as homegrown therefore doesn’t count towards PL squad registration.

If Chambers is a potential starting quality PL player as he’s arguably proven this year that inflates his value massively.

People focus on home grown. Looks at the calibre of player he is. He is 24 has been relegated twice. Had the summer to impress Emery, clearly didn't. Wasn't fancied by Wenger either. He is mid 20s. No longer a young player he has played over 100 premier league games and nobody seems to know what his best position is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People focus on home grown. Looks at the calibre of player he is. He is 24 has been relegated twice. Had the summer to impress Emery, clearly didn't. Wasn't fancied by Wenger either. He is mid 20s. No longer a young player he has played over 100 premier league games and nobody seems to know what his best position is.

Of course people focus on home grown, every club is forced to have them in their squad.

By that very reasoning it pumps up their value, were Ings, Walcott, Ox, Assombalonga and Solanke deserving of their fees? No chance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course people focus on home grown, every club is forced to have them in their squad.

By that very reasoning it pumps up their value, were Ings, Walcott, Ox, Assombalonga and Solanke deserving of their fees? No chance.

Big difference with Chambers and those player. Those players are attacking. Attacking players generally cost more than defensive ones. A 7/10 striker will cost more than a 7/10 defender/defensive midfielder or whatever he is.

If we get 25m for him then fair enough come back and I will eat my words. I reckon 15-18m max.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That's what you get when you deal with Italian teams, they're tighter then GDeep's girlfriends.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ahh now I get why people put down CIES as being good to have for free. That way their favourite and Arsenal's own estimation program automatically gets elevated. We can't see StatDNA estimations anywhere?

People have been complaining about StatDNA and Arsenal signings for years. Maybe they're just resistant to analytics of any kind. Being a partnership with Opta (and officially supported and endorsed by both FIFA and UEFA), CIES is of course the state of the art in analytics.

Analytics are imperfect. They're just a tool. But they can be a useful tool if you know how to use them and how to look at them. CIES/Opta are generally regarded as the best out there, but even if that isn't the case CIES is the one that's readily available. You have to subscribe to StatDNA (unless you're Arsenal).

Of course maybe some folks will reject anything that doesn't support what the internet herd mentality dictates. Some fan of another club says a player sucks and that counts for more than scouting or analytics.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
CIES is aload of BS, it just generates clicks/traffic to make money.

How exactly does that work? There's no advertising on the site. Don't you need advertising to generate money from clicks? Sounds like you've never actually visited the site. There is subscription content that goes beyond what is available for free (Manchester City, among many other big clubs, use it and support it).

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-24-53-PM.png

ArsenalFever

People have been complaining about StatDNA and Arsenal signings for years. Maybe they're just resistant to analytics of any kind. Being a partnership with Opta (and officially supported and endorsed by both FIFA and UEFA), CIES is of course the state of the art in analytics.

Analytics are imperfect. They're just a tool. But they can be a useful took if you know how to use them and how to look at them. CIES/Opta are generally regarded as the best out there, but even if that isn't the case CIES is the one that's readily available. You have to subscribe to StatDNA (unless you're Arsenal).

Of course maybe some folks will reject anything that doesn't support what the internet herd mentality dictates. Some fan of another club says a player sucks and that counts for more than scouting or analytics.
The fact is, some people just have a better perception of the game to make judgments whereas science can only look at the past and draw conclusions. People have the ability to create and develop, which is what keeps the game moving and also a big factor in making judgments such as transfer estimations etc.

Chicago_Gunner

Analytics are imperfect. They're just a tool. But they can be a useful took if you know how to use them and how to look at them. CIES/Opta are generally regarded as the best out there, but even if that isn't the case CIES is the one that's readily available. You have to subscribe to StatDNA (unless you're Arsenal).

Analytics are used in all sports now. I don’t get the hatred toward it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You have shares in CIES mate? Seem overly protective with it all the time.

How am I protective with it here? Show me? :) Just wondering what is this attitude here against having more free information sources of transfer value estimations. It makes no sense to me.

Now we have two free sources I know of: Transfermarkt and CIES. To me its like people rather have one eye than two because its cool to be one-eyed pirate eventhough it fcks up your 3D vision.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The fact is, some people just have a better perception of the game to make judgments whereas science can only look at the past and draw conclusions. People have the ability to create and develop, which is what keeps the game moving and also a big factor in making judgments such as transfer estimations etc.

So why do Manchester City and just about every other big club use these services, despite employing hundreds of scouts? Professionals need these tools but fans blabbering on the internet have a better understanding than the professionals?

Analytics are a tool. They can't tell you everything. But they can help to understand the strengths and weaknesses of players and, thus, to make better judgements. The idea that some guy on the internet has such a great understanding just by watching a few games and interacting with other people blabbering on the internet that they can reject a tool used by professional scouts and evaluators at every major club is simply preposterous.

Are you a member of the Flat Earth Society too?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Analytics are used in all sports now. I don’t get the hatred toward it.
Its not as relevant in football imo. Because its 11 a side and tactics and team set ups very differently to eachother, players accumulate completely different stats to eachother which could mislead.

Eg. a midfielder may be instructed to play more high risk long passes which compromises his pass acuracy, a striker may recieve the ball more often but in more difficult situations which ruins his shot accuracy. It gets even worse for defenders when you look at the fact Mustafi's stats actually make him look like a good player.

Has to be used in extremely light moderation at this stage imo

Chicago_Gunner

Its not as relevant in football imo. Because its 11 a side and tactics and team set ups very differently to eachother, players accumulate completely different stats to eachother which could mislead.

Eg. a midfielder may be instructed to play more high risk long passes which compromises his pass acuracy, a striker may recieve the ball more often but in more difficult situations which ruins his shot accuracy. It gets even worse for defenders when you look at the fact Mustafi's stats actually make him look like a good player.

Has to be used in extremely light moderation at this stage imo
I totally get that but I don’t think they should be overlooked either. Seeing something in person is the best but if you can put the analytics next to that and you see a correlation That reiterates what you see, might make you want or not want

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

How exactly does that work? There's no advertising on the site. Don't you need advertising to generate money from clicks? Sounds like you've never actually visited the site. There is subscription content that goes beyond what is available for free (Manchester City, among many other big clubs, use it and support it).

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-4-24-53-PM.png
Do you think they do it for free, come on. Traffic makes money.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom