• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Group Stage: PSV Einhoven 1 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 12th December | KO: 17:45 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20231209-232636.png

lineup.png

Prediction

PSV 1-1 Arsenal

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This is basically a friendly were none of the managers will care about the result. So maybe he will give some youngsters a chance for once. But, as i said, its a friendly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Zinchenko
Rice
Ødegaard-Havertz
Saka-Jesus-Martinelli
...this isn't a starting 11, this is an 11 of players who shouldn't even travel to Holland for this match.

We have got a very rare opportunity of a literal "free game" , when you are a big club going for multiple trophies this is a chance to rest players that we can't pass up.

Don't care who plays or what formation we use, don't even care if we lose heavily here...but will be super pissed if any of our starting 11 play this.

Riou

Always the first thing I think of with PSV...

...great goal, great players, great kits...the GREATEST era of football!

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I would have liked to see the entire academy in this game that has zero significance, zero, we have taken first place, PSV has taken second place, accept the situation, rest the squad. But with Mikel, you can be sure that this will not happen. Say we field a strong starting eleven and Saliba or Gabriel get injured in a match as insignificant as a friendly, and miss the meeting against Liverpool. That is unforgivable, unforgivable.

I know this lineup won't happen, it's unrealistic but this is what I would do.

Ramsdale

Cedric - Walters - Kiwior - Sousa

Lewis-Skelly - Elneny - Jorginho

Nwaneri - Edwards - Nelson

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

I would have liked to see the entire academy in this game that has zero significance, zero, we have taken first place, PSV has taken second place, accept the situation, rest the squad. But with Mikel, you can be sure that this will not happen. Say we field a strong starting eleven and Saliba or Gabriel get injured in a match as insignificant as a friendly, and miss the meeting against Liverpool. That is unforgivable, unforgivable.

Ramsdale

This is exactly who I'd send to the Netherlands along with a bench of Vic Akers' shorts, Pat Rice's glasses, Merson's coke, the groundsman & the tea lady's pasties.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Zinchenko
Rice
Ødegaard-Havertz
Saka-Jesus-Martinelli
...this isn't a starting 11, this is an 11 of players who shouldn't even travel to Holland for this match.

We have got a very rare opportunity of a literal "free game" , when you are a big club going for multiple trophies this is a chance to rest players that we can't pass up.

Don't care who plays or what formation we use, don't even care if we lose heavily here...but will be super pissed if any of our starting 11 play this.

You just know he'll start everyone on that list. Que Saliba reinjuring his back, Rice suffering an incurable Son-Goku like disease & our season is toast.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Ramsdale

Ah, so this game doesn't even affect the other teams in our group? Didn't realise that. Of course, he needs to rotate heavily!

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I also forgot to mention that PSV will face third-placed AZ Alkmaar in an important away game next round, so I am doubtful that even PSV will have a strong starting lineup. Mikel, don't feck this up please.

Riou

You just know he'll start everyone on that list. Que Saliba reinjuring his back, Rice suffering an incurable Son-Goku like disease & our season is toast.

I wouldn't even play this match on Football Manager ffs, I would send my assistant with the under 18s and see what happens!

But yeah, you are probably right... feeling a double Saliba and Rice injury blow after both play 90 mins here 😭

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I wouldn't even play this match on Football Manager ffs, I would send my assistant with the under 18s and see what happens!

But yeah, you are probably right... feeling a double Saliba and Rice injury blow after both play 90 mins here 😭

It would be unforgivable if a player gets injured in this match. I could understand if it was a game where we were fighting for the top spot, but this is a friendly. We have important fixtures against Brighton and Liverpool; why risk anything? I hope Arteta reasons the same way.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

It would be unforgivable if a player gets injured in this match. I could understand if it was a game where we were fighting for the top spot, but this is a friendly. We have important fixtures against Brighton and Liverpool; why risk anything? I hope Arteta reasons the same way.

One can hope so.

Then again, the inner workings of a megalomaniac's mind are a mystery to us.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The only possbile reason I can think of is giving them some minutes to keep them match fit cause we have an 8 day break between Villa and Brighton. But still absolutely not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom