• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Group Stage: PSV Einhoven 1 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 12th December | KO: 17:45 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20231209-232636.png

lineup.png

Prediction

PSV 1-1 Arsenal

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Both Vieira and ESR are out for this one, no?

Trossard Nketiah Nelson
Nwaneri Jorginho Havertz
Cedric Kiwi White Walters
Ramsdale

This is what I’m hoping for. Havertz hasn’t played too much and can be part of this. Can’t play Jorgi and Elneny together

Tnegs

Based on the most recent figures, a single victory in the group stage is worth €2.8 million (£2.4m/$3m) and a draw is worth €930,000 (£783k/$1m).

Still something decent to play for although I hope we avoid using any first team players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Based on the most recent figures, a single victory in the group stage is worth €2.8 million (£2.4m/$3m) and a draw is worth €930,000 (£783k/$1m).

Still something decent to play for although I hope we avoid using any first team players.
So you get prize money for just winning group games? Even if it doesn’t make a difference?

The fact you can get 2.8m for that shows how much money there is in this competition and sport, mad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Zinchenko
Rice
Ødegaard-Havertz
Saka-Jesus-Martinelli
...this isn't a starting 11, this is an 11 of players who shouldn't even travel to Holland for this match.

We have got a very rare opportunity of a literal "free game" , when you are a big club going for multiple trophies this is a chance to rest players that we can't pass up.

Don't care who plays or what formation we use, don't even care if we lose heavily here...but will be super pissed if any of our starting 11 play this.
Actually I would start those 11. We can’t use the squad players for this game

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’d essentially only play first teamers who’ve already been in rotation. Any nailed on starters for us should be on the bench or at Colney. I’d also be pretty annoyed if Ramsdale isn’t given his CL debut. He helped get us here so he deserves a game. He might even deserve more than one game but oh well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

GK - Ramsdale
RB - Cedric
CB - Walters
CB - Kiwior
LB - Myles-Skelly
DM - Elneny
CM - Jorginho
AM - Trossard
LW - Nelson
RW - Nwaneri
CF - Nketiah

Anything else is daft.
That’s great shout and very similar to my team. I would have cozier on the right and nwaneri in the middle instead of trossard who should stay home. Also Sousa for miles who should come on second half. Personally I don’t think we will get anything close to that and expect first team minus saka and Jesus on the bench

But Walters will be interesting. Been on the bench several times. If the manager don’t trust him to play in a meaningless game like this. Why ever be on the bench

Makavelii

It would be unforgivable if a player gets injured in this match. I could understand if it was a game where we were fighting for the top spot, but this is a friendly. We have important fixtures against Brighton and Liverpool; why risk anything? I hope Arteta reasons the same way.

It’s not a friendly.

The winner here gets 2.5 million euros.
Same as all champions league group game wins.

That’s significant money that can be used in transfers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s not a friendly.

First defence of the madness Arteta will chaos. The significance of 2.5 million. What’s next respect for the competition?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

It’s not a friendly.

We won the group. 2.5 million euros don't matter as we're not a club from a lower league who would benefit massively from that amount.

It shouldn't matter for a club our size or impact our readiness for a match several magnitudes more important than this dead rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom