• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League Round of 16: Porto v Arsenal

Who do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diesel

Pepe vs. Ode ... Gonna be be beautiful. Predetermined excuses already circling my head. Wonder which of the old reliable ones will be the defacto ones.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You folks are right about one thing. This is going to be a bruising encounter.

Porto probably looked at our game at Fulham and licked their lips. Because that’s the type of physical, counter attacking stuff they will want to play.

We need our best team and shooting boots on here. We have to take them out of the contest in Porto, and at least two unanswered goals will do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

United are firmly tier B at this point, their couple wins are as relevant as Ajax or Forest's titles at this point. Embarrassed and disgraced them too much last 10+ years to be rated top tier.

This is very true. In my mind Tier A should be for clubs that are way ahead of their league financially, should qualify every year and then compete to win it having done so historically.

That for me is obviously Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. Current situation aside it’s normally Juventus and then if you exclude oil clubs it’d be Man Utd as well.

However they’ve done such a banter job of running that club since 2013 they’ve single handedly dropped one if not two tiers.

They honestly should be going deep in the CL every year with the money that club brings in.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

This is very true. In my mind Tier A should be for clubs that are way ahead of their league financially, should qualify every year and then compete to win it having done so historically.

That for me is obviously Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. Current situation aside it’s normally Juventus and then if you exclude oil clubs it’d be Man Utd as well.

However they’ve done such a banter job of running that club since 2013 they’ve single handedly dropped one if not two tiers.

They honestly should be going deep in the CL every year with the money that club brings in.

Juventus, for a club their size is just as pathetic, if not more, than we are on a continental level.

HattoriHanzo

This will be tricky one.
I will say 51/49 for Arsenal.
Historically they are bigger club than Arsenal in Europe, they have 2 CL titles, last one under Mourinho in 2004.
They are more experienced in CL than us, they play CL every season.

Psycho Pepe on our attackers, it will be hard to watch.
He is one of rare defenders that I think really wants to hurt his opponent’s attackers.
We need to be at our 100% in both matches to go further.

As for other clubs in CL, City, Bayern and Real are clearly better than us.
Then there are clubs who are more-less same level like us, PSG, Barcelona, Borussia, Inter/Atletico (thankfully they play each other next round).

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

This is harder in the PL though. Real and Barce get the majority of La Liga money IIRC. PL clubs distribute the money more evenly and the PL is the richest league by far.

United are still one of the richest clubs in the world and spent the most alongside Man City in the last decade. They've just recruited really poorly. This may improve under the new ownership model. They're essentially a sleeping giant, who could easily become Tier A again in the next 3-4 years if they get the right players and manager.

Tnegs

We’re a joke in Europe come on we couldn’t even get close to the final with our best team when Porto last won it against Monaco, probably the easiest CL I’ve seen and we still managed to bottle it. Take it one game at a time and hope for some luck because we have **** all pedigree in Europe.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Jon Richardson GIF

Arsenal a "Tier B" club? Are you serious? 3rd most English league titles and most FA Cups, that's definitely the top tier. We do need to add a CL to that list though.

Tier B is your big but not massive clubs like Sp**s, Everton, Aston Villa etc.
I am not sure we can call ourselves a massive club unless we win the CL. We are obviously bigger than the likes of Villa and Sp**s without question.

I would actually prefer if we can make a real go at trying to win the Champions League this year. This control game we are playing might be better suited to Europe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I just want to say, since I have annoyed everyone as per Riou style ..being in tier B is still a very credible place to be in.

The only teams above us are proper super heavyweight clubs, while we are in the same level as teams like Dortmund and Valencia (who at some points in there history have had some of the best teams I have seen, just like Arsenal) who are huge teams in their too.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I just want to say, since I have annoyed everyone as per Riou style ..being in tier B is still a very credible place to be in.

The only teams above us are proper super heavyweight clubs, while we are in the same level as teams like Dortmund and Valencia (who at some points in there history have had some of the best teams I have seen, just like Arsenal) who are huge teams in their too.

Nah you're making it worse. Deportivo have 1 league title FFS

Anyway the PL economy rules, even Spursy are beating Bayern to players these days.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I will come to Northern Ireland and sh!t in your breakfast.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom