• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Charlie Patino (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You are all about the club and see these players as tools. I’m always for players doing what they think is best for their career. No one want to be loaned out here and there every year. Some people want stability and a place they know they will be for a while working on their game. If you can’t respect a young player leaving big club to make his own path. Then you don’t care for players
No. I'm all for players leaving. I haven't an issue with it. But I do have an issue with a player who did very little on loan all last year, demanding first team minutes at a team fighting for the league.

I'm for earning your minutes.

Patino is on just over 4k a week. He knows if he goes on loan he will be on the same. He could easily develop his game like Flo is doing. He could comfortably improve on another loan. But he'd still be on 4k a week.

Again I've no issue a player leaving. But im not naive enough to think his sole motive for leaving is playing time, when he got tonnes of that this season and could do the same next season.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Why is every half decent youngster at this club so impatient? The club is literally the perfect environment for him right now.
He’s not good enough at this moment to be honest. Excellent touch on the ball but that isn’t enough at the top level. If he can develop his athleticism he can be a Premier League level midfielder, possibly even for a top 6 club.

Needs to play regularly for that to happen though and won’t happen at Arsenal in the short term. Good on him for taking the initiative with his career and not hanging around.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
He’s not good enough at this moment to be honest. Excellent touch on the ball but that isn’t enough at the top level at this time. If he can develop his athleticism he can be a Premier League level midfielder, possibly even for a top 6 club.

Needs to play regularly for that to happen though and won’t happen at Arsenal in the short term. Good on him for taking the initiative with his career and not hanging around.

Still think he’s being too hasty. But if it is about development then good luck to him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Still think he’s being too hasty. But if it is about development then good luck to him.
It's not just about development. If it was he would happily stay at the club, get another loan and prove himself.

Hes on just over 4k a week. He knows if he moves in the summer permanently that will rise to at least 15-20k plus signing on fee. Its a combination of a new challenge and a way to secure his long term future. Which is 100%.

I just don't want people to think its purely football. As he could easily get a good loan next year and develop further while staying contracted to Arsenal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No. I'm all for players leaving. I haven't an issue with it. But I do have an issue with a player who did very little on loan all last year, demanding first team minutes at a team fighting for the league.

I'm for earning your minutes.

Patino is on just over 4k a week. He knows if he goes on loan he will be on the same. He could easily develop his game like Flo is doing. He could comfortably improve on another loan. But he'd still be on 4k a week.

Again I've no issue a player leaving. But im not naive enough to think his sole motive for leaving is playing time, when he got tonnes of that this season and could do the same next season.
Who cares how much he earns? If it’s about money yes he would stay, extend and get 20-25k and let the club have full control of his future like AMN. The fact that he is not doing that is admirable. But you keep painting him as a diva who demanded first team football when it’s more of acknowledging he won’t get it and want to move

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
It's not just about development. If it was he would happily stay at the club, get another loan and prove himself.

Hes on just over 4k a week. He knows if he moves in the summer permanently that will rise to at least 15-20k plus signing on fee. Its a combination of a new challenge and a way to secure his long term future. Which is 100%.

I just don't want people to think its purely football. As he could easily get a good loan next year and develop further while staying contracted to Arsenal.

But that was my argument from the beginning. Why do our youngsters seem to put money before development more than other big clubs?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Who cares how much he earns? If it’s about money yes he would stay, extend and get 20-25k and let the club have full control of his future like AMN. The fact that he is not doing that is admirable. But you keep painting him as a diva who demanded first team football when it’s more of acknowledging he won’t get it and want to move
I'm not painting him anyway.

The reports coming from HIM are.....if he isn't given first team football at ARSENAL FC next season he wants to leave. Which is fine if he believes he will start for another PL club.

I'm simply saying that let's not believe money isn't a factor. At 19 there is literally 0 wrong with him, going on loan 1 more year, having a year left on his contract and analysing the situation in 12 months once we have seen how his loan went.

What is with the impatience from him? Especially after a relatively modest loan.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But that was my argument from the beginning. Why do our youngsters seem to put money before development more than other big clubs?

No idea. London lifestyle and hearing what others are earning and wanting a piece of the pie.

Omari Hutchinson left Arsenal for "playing opportunities". That was never going to happen at Chelsea. However what he did manage to get was a salary of 14k a week. While more or less doing what he was doing at Arsenal.

Patino is saying he wants to leave all of a sudden despite being with the club for quite a while. He got a taste of action for Arsenal last year in the cup. He had a loan and a progression pathway organised for him this year. Which arguably hasn't been a huge success.

Maybe the most natural step for a person who wanted to prove themselves and play for Arsenal in the future and who believed in their ability, would be to ask for a loan to a newly promoted team and show Arsenal that he was ready. While staying on his 4k a week salary. If money wasn't important and playing time and proving himself was.

As I've said....footballers have a short career and anything can happen. Maybe Patino is thinking that he needs long term security and that 5 year contract worth millions now incase something happens. Which is 100% fine I'd probably do the same.

I'm trying to make people realise that this isn't just down to playing time or whatever.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No idea. London lifestyle and hearing what others are earning and wanting a piece of the pie.

Omari Hutchinson left Arsenal for "playing opportunities". That was never going to happen at Chelsea. However what he did manager to get was a salary of 14k a week. While more or less doing what he was doing at Arsenal.

Patino is saying he wants to leave all of a sudden despite being with the club for quite a while. He got a taste of action for Arsenal last year in the cup. He had a loan and a progression pathway organised for him this year. Which arguably hasn't been a huge success.

Maybe the most natural step for a person who wanted to prove themselves and play for Arsenal in the future and who believed in their ability, would be to ask for a loan to a newly promoted team and show Arsenal that he was ready. While staying on his 4k a week salary. If money wasn't important and playing time and proving himself was.

As I've said....footballers have a short career and anything can happen. Maybe Patino is thinking that he needs long term security and that 5 year contract worth millions now incase something happens. Which is 100% fine I'd probably do the same.

I'm trying to make people realise that this isn't just down to playing time or whatever.

I will like to give him the benefit of doubt and think he is leaving for footballing reasons and he believes this is the best for his career. You again keep taking digs at his character and say it’s not down to playing like you know him personally or know something we don’t. In reality you are just smearing a young player based on your love for the club and your tribal instincts have taken over

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

You're not as guaranteed the same development with a loan and you are when you're at a club where you're an invested asset. Time and again we've seen our loaned out players riding the bench. How good were the loans of Nketieh and Torreira?

Yes I'm sure he does want a pay rise but don't you think Arsenal would give him a new contract if he requested one? He's got 2 years left, I'm sure they'd be happy to sign him to a 3 + option of 1 if he resigns on a higher wage. Because I doubt we'd loan him out in the summer and then let him go into his last year of his deal.

It could be quite possible that the club have told him they don't think he'll make it here and want to sell him on.

chessygoal

Yeah Wilshere had it all. Technically brilliant and tenacity. Eduardo, Diaby and Vela were well.....average. I only mention Patino in the same breath is because if you hear academy ones they all rave about Patino.

Anelka...... he was a level above those 3. He was Wilsheres level. His biggest mistake was leaving Arsenal and Wenger. I believe Wenger would have nutured him and had he stayed in the PL 3 or 4 years more would have been one of the best strikers the league had seen.

Had an excellent career but floated about and never really hit the heights. His best version of himself was an 18-19 year old at Arsenal.
I can't let you disrespect my boy Diaby like that. I agree that Wilshere was more mature at a young age, but talent wise, Diaby had it all as a youngster, we just never got to see it.
Back to Patino, I must say I'm surprised by this move, I'm wondering if maybe we have better talents coming through that we want to prioritize over Patino.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I will like to give him the benefit of doubt and think he is leaving for footballing reasons and he believes this is the best for his career. You again keep taking digs at his character and say it’s not down to playing like you know him personally or know something we don’t. In reality you are just smearing a young player based on your love for the club and your tribal instincts have taken over
Not taking digs at anything. You are triggered by anyone who says anything different to you and questions players decisions.

I've said it is partly down to playing time but also down to money. If it was purely playing time a loan would suffice.

If Aston Villa would give Patino a 4 year contract on 20k a week tomorrow he would be mad to turn it down and stay on his 4k a week and be on a let's see what happens pathway.

Hes impatient to make a name for himself which could work in his favour.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sad to see Charles leave. But the club need to get as much as possbile from fringe players in order to launch serious pursuit for Declan Rice.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He won't be the last one. Most of our hale end grads will find it hard to break through to the first team now given that we have tons of money and a need for immediate success. Arteta has proven himself to be a decent buyer and he will be buying 2 more CMs, can't blame Patino for looking at the path and thinking theres no way he will make it. And its not like Arteta is Wenger, he barely blooded any young player (from first app start etc, not those established young players like Saka).

We can let all of them leave, as long as we insert a buy back clause.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's a reality check waiting for people who think that players like Patino and Balogun are happy to keep going on loan for development time because they are teenagers at a top club.

Just make sure we put a buy back clause, and ideally sell them abroad for a decent fee.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Blackpool fans saying he's just a **** Jorginho............ those complaining about Jorginho being slow are going to be driven crazy by Patino's "running".

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Tbf, this is just another example of hard to predict development. Technically and tactically, Patino is probably at the level to get minutes next season for us. Physically and in terms of pace of play he isn't, and may never be. He's like a young Xhaka without the size, strength or dominant personality. Given where the club is now and is likely to spend in the summer, its pretty obvious he wasn't going to get a look in with any regularity any time soon, and will need at least 2-3 years significant development to do so in the future.

Big sell on clause is key though (like when we got another £5m+ when Sp**s bought Bentley).

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Reading this thread from a Blackpool forum and you do question where he'll end up. In summary, he's very slow and physically weak, good passing technique but tends to keep it quite simple, not quick enough to lose his marker, he needs 2 water carriers to make up for his lack of defensive ability. This is tempered by the fact most reasonable fans think he's been made to look worse by the lack of quality surrounding him in a relegation outfit.

But with those issues, I can't see him ending up at a top 6 league. Maybe a Championship side or Eredivisie if he wants first team football. Overall it looks like he's this generations Gedion Zelalem who I hoped would be our next Cesc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom